Jam Boa

MNL# obtained over the phone. What to do next? CEAC status shows "At NVC" but no email/letter from NVC yet

38 posts in this topic

Hi, We have obtained our MNL# over the phone but we have not yet received an official email/letter from NVC. Some threads say that all we need is a case number and it's "rock 'n roll time", but we are actually confused. Here are our questions. 

1. SLEC website requires the email/letter from the NVC with the MNL#. So that means that we cannot get a medical until we receive that email. Some people say that a screenshot from CEAC website will do, but I cannot find any recent filers to support this. 

2. Our case status at CEAC website shows "AT NVC". My question is, can we now pay the visa fee and complete a DS-160 even though our case has not yet reached the US Embassy in Manila? 

Also, Im trying to follow the K1 visa guide that most people use (http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html) but there are steps that are confusing. Do we pay the visa fee first, or we complete the DS-160 first? 

I know I still have more questions but that's all I can remember right now. We appreciate all the help. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You will get that email from NVC when your case leaves NVC for delivery to Manila. I believe the next batch of files will be sent next week.  The beneficiary can submit the DS160 any time after NOA2, now is a good time.

Idk about Manila beyond that but there are plenty of very knowledgeable ppl here that can help.  The (month) NOA2 ->NVC thread is a good place to get a helping hand with the cohort of ppl that are at roughly the same point in the process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Jam Boa said:

Hi, We have obtained our MNL# over the phone but we have not yet received an official email/letter from NVC. Some threads say that all we need is a case number and it's "rock 'n roll time", but we are actually confused. Here are our questions. 

1. SLEC website requires the email/letter from the NVC with the MNL#. So that means that we cannot get a medical until we receive that email. Some people say that a screenshot from CEAC website will do, but I cannot find any recent filers to support this. 

2. Our case status at CEAC website shows "AT NVC". My question is, can we now pay the visa fee and complete a DS-160 even though our case has not yet reached the US Embassy in Manila? 

Also, Im trying to follow the K1 visa guide that most people use (http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html) but there are steps that are confusing. Do we pay the visa fee first, or we complete the DS-160 first? 

I know I still have more questions but that's all I can remember right now. We appreciate all the help. 

Your best answers for all things manila is the philippines regional forum

Screenshot of your MNL# from CEAC website does not have your name attached so no way for SLEC to know the case is your case #

You can complete the DS160 anytime.  You cannot schedule an interview until payment has been made and you have linked the payment to your profile

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the PI forum, from K1 P&P - the OP is asking country specific questions.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Jam Boa said:

Old posting are old news some times.

Recently the embassy made it clear they didn't want people scheduling their interview until CEAC status shows READY.   St. Luke's recently has requested the NVC letter/email with the MNL # for completing the medical.

You can complete the DS-160 before or after paying the visa fee.   And yes you can pay the visa fee even if the case file has not reached the embassy yet.   (sorry that is confusing)

You will only get an email from NVC with the MNL# if you send NVC an email requesting the case file number.  Otherwise they will mail the letter once the case file has shipped.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hank_yea, we have been sending an email inquiry to NVC for three consecutive days now after we got the case# over the phone. SLEC just replied to my inquiry today as well, stating that they need that letter or email from NVC with the case#. 

About the DS-160 and visa fee, so we can now do those steps even if our case status still shows "At NVC"? Sorry if I sound doubtful, not my intention. We are just paranoid and scared that we're gonna end up having to pay the fee twice. (we have K2, too)

Thank you so much for all your help.. ☺️

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Jam Boa said:

Hank_yea, we have been sending an email inquiry to NVC for three consecutive days now after we got the case# over the phone. SLEC just replied to my inquiry today as well, stating that they need that letter or email from NVC with the case#. 

About the DS-160 and visa fee, so we can now do those steps even if our case status still shows "At NVC"? Sorry if I sound doubtful, not my intention. We are just paranoid and scared that we're gonna end up having to pay the fee twice. (we have K2, too)

Thank you so much for all your help.. ☺️

You only need to send one email with the required information.  NVC will not respond until the case file is shipped.

Yes you can completed the DS-160 any time before the interview, you need to print out the confirmation page to bring for the interview but that is it..  You can pay the visa fee now also if you so choose.

Ah K2 ...   when your fiancee schedules her interview online, it will ask if you want to schedule a 2nd (another) interview that is when you schedule the K2

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

thanks Hank_! We are completing the DS-160 now. Encountered some problems with the photo specs. It said something about compression artifacts. We have no idea what it is. lol. But she figured it out. Thank you for the heads up about the K2 interview schedule, we will see when we get to that part. 🙂

Timeline
9 hours ago, Jam Boa said:

thanks Hank_! We are completing the DS-160 now. Encountered some problems with the photo specs. It said something about compression artifacts. We have no idea what it is. lol. But she figured it out. Thank you for the heads up about the K2 interview schedule, we will see when we get to that part. 🙂

Do remember print out two separate deposits slips, two visa fees paid.  :thumbs:  

Also, complete a DS-160 for the child

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Yep.. just did that.. btw Hank_we ended up having to create a second/corrected DS-160 for my fiancee, because she wasn't able to write the complete address of her parents in the first DS-160. (she only wrote Blk #, Lot #, City, Province -- when it should be Blk#, Lot#, Village, Brgy, City, Province). She thought it would be better if we specify the village and barangay name in the address by writing them in Line 2 for the Street Name. So my question is, that should be fine, right? creating a new Ds-160 to correct the information? we have not scheduled the interview yet anyway and she has not created a login ID for that either. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Jam Boa said:

Yep.. just did that.. btw Hank_we ended up having to create a second/corrected DS-160 for my fiancee, because she wasn't able to write the complete address of her parents in the first DS-160. (she only wrote Blk #, Lot #, City, Province -- when it should be Blk#, Lot#, Village, Brgy, City, Province). She thought it would be better if we specify the village and barangay name in the address by writing them in Line 2 for the Street Name. So my question is, that should be fine, right? creating a new Ds-160 to correct the information? we have not scheduled the interview yet anyway and she has not created a login ID for that either. 

Yes all will be fine with completing a new DS-160, bring then new confirmation page to the interview.   (FYI ... you didn't need to be "that" exact with the parents address) 

Create the online profile, made sure to have the delivery address (or 2GO location if picking up) correct for the visa package delivery by 2GO

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hank_  do they give you a list of 2GO locations then you choose from the list?? or you have to provide the address of the location yourself?? We are worried that not all 2GO locations cater Visa delivery/pick-up.  She's two hours away from MOA and it'd be better if there is a closer location. If not, I guess she would have to go MOA. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Jam Boa said:

Hank_  do they give you a list of 2GO locations then you choose from the list?? or you have to provide the address of the location yourself?? We are worried that not all 2GO locations cater Visa delivery/pick-up.  She's two hours away from MOA and it'd be better if there is a closer location. If not, I guess she would have to go MOA. 

There was a list when we did it, but the office we choose off the list wasn't open anymore when it came time to pick it up ... too much fun for a day or two, we had it delivered to the house.

Use this for locations:      https://express.2go.com.ph/locator.asp?Region=NCR&Province=Metro Manila&TownCity=Manila

Home delivery works fine .. or choose a 2GO near her home

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/15/2019 at 3:39 PM, Hank_ said:

You only need to send one email with the required information.  NVC will not respond until the case file is shipped.

Yes you can completed the DS-160 any time before the interview, you need to print out the confirmation page to bring for the interview but that is it..  You can pay the visa fee now also if you so choose.

Ah K2 ...   when your fiancee schedules her interview online, it will ask if you want to schedule a 2nd (another) interview that is when you schedule the K2

Hi Hank! 

You mentioned that NVC will not respond to the inquiry regarding the case number unless it is shipped? I still see the status on mine shows “AT NVC” do they always update the CEAC website? Or have you seen it go from “AT NVC” to “ready” skipping the whole in transit? 

I was told back in jan 30 when I got my case # over the phone that my case had to be returned due to an incorrect stamp (returned that same day) then last Monday 2/11 I received an email from “ASKNVC” with the case # invoice number and info about the USEM in the Philippines

can you shed some light? 😓😓 Thank you!! 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, LaLaRI said:

Hi Hank! 

You mentioned that NVC will not respond to the inquiry regarding the case number unless it is shipped? I still see the status on mine shows “AT NVC” do they always update the CEAC website? Or have you seen it go from “AT NVC” to “ready” skipping the whole in transit? 

I was told back in jan 30 when I got my case # over the phone that my case had to be returned due to an incorrect stamp (returned that same day) then last Monday 2/11 I received an email from “ASKNVC” with the case # invoice number and info about the USEM in the Philippines

can you shed some light? 😓😓 Thank you!! 

If you got the email from NVC I would say your case file has shipped.

CEAC status is fairly accurate .. but not perfect.   I know of some where it goes from AT NVC to IN TRANSIT to READY all in a  couple days.  ;)  

Now that you have the email from NVC email that to your fiancee to print out for completing the medical

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.