Jam Boa

MNL# obtained over the phone. What to do next? CEAC status shows "At NVC" but no email/letter from NVC yet

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

If you got the email from NVC I would say your case file has shipped.

CEAC status is fairly accurate .. but not perfect.   I know of some where it goes from AT NVC to IN TRANSIT to READY all in a  couple days.  ;)  

Now that you have the email from NVC email that to your fiancee to print out for completing the medical

😳😳 😭 no way?? I was already thinking of the worst case scenario 😪

im planning to go to the Philippines in April to have a family get together from both sides!! Here’s to securing for an interview date by then 😭 🤗

thank you! You’re the best!! 

Timeline
On 2/16/2019 at 6:00 AM, Hank_ said:

Old posting are old news some times.

Recently the embassy made it clear they didn't want people scheduling their interview until CEAC status shows READY.   St. Luke's recently has requested the NVC letter/email with the MNL # for completing the medical.

You can complete the DS-160 before or after paying the visa fee.   And yes you can pay the visa fee even if the case file has not reached the embassy yet.   (sorry that is confusing)

You will only get an email from NVC with the MNL# if you send NVC an email requesting the case file number.  Otherwise they will mail the letter once the case file has shipped.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

hello everyone, i already have a case number from nvc.. when i checked it online it says  ‘in transit’ so i have to wait for the case to get to the embassy.. 

my question is.. when i receive the letter from nvc can i schedule the medical exam even if my case is not ‘ready’ yet? im confused.

Edited by kittyanne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, kittyanne said:

hello everyone, i already have a case number from nvc.. when i checked it online it says  ‘in transit’ so i have to wait for the case to get to the embassy.. 

my question is.. can i schedule the medical exam now even if i havent received the letter from nvc? im confused.

Medical is walk-in only,  no scheduling required 

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Medical is walk-in only,  no scheduling required 

so any minute now i can go to SLEC and have medical exam? even if my case is not ‘ready’ yet? 

i edited my question..

Timeline
1 minute ago, kittyanne said:

so any minute now i can go to SLEC and have medical exam? even if my case is not ‘ready’ yet? 

i edited my question..

Do you have an email from nvc with your case #?

If your case is already intransit it will go ready in a few days

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, kittyanne said:

my question is.. when i receive the letter from nvc can i schedule the medical exam even if my case is not ‘ready’ yet? im confused.

37 minutes ago, kittyanne said:

i edited my question..

If you have the email/letter from NVC with your case number then you can complete your medical.

You can email NVC to get the MNL#

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

Info on the medical

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

K-1 process

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

kittyanne We are at the same phase right now. And as the others have mentioned, you can go to SLEC and get your medical as soon as you get the email/letter from NVC with your case number. I have emailed SLEC about this. And apparently, it is not enough that you have the case# written down on a piece of paper. They want to see the official letter/email from NVC where it shows your name and the case# on it. Once you have that letter, then you can proceed with your medical regardless of what your CEAC status is. It also confused me because on the SLEC website, they listed down "Visa Interview Appointment Confirmation from the U.S. Embassy" as one of the requirements. But they have confirmed through email that all they need is the NVC letter/email showing your case#. I hope this helps. Also, follow the guide that Hank has provided. We find it very, very useful. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jam Boa said:

kittyanne We are at the same phase right now. And as the others have mentioned, you can go to SLEC and get your medical as soon as you get the email/letter from NVC with your case number. I have emailed SLEC about this. And apparently, it is not enough that you have the case# written down on a piece of paper. They want to see the official letter/email from NVC where it shows your name and the case# on it. Once you have that letter, then you can proceed with your medical regardless of what your CEAC status is. It also confused me because on the SLEC website, they listed down "Visa Interview Appointment Confirmation from the U.S. Embassy"* as one of the requirements. But they have confirmed through email that all they need is the NVC letter/email showing your case#. I hope this helps. Also, follow the guide that Hank has provided. We find it very, very useful. 

*Read slower .. it states  "if available"

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jam Boa said:

Hank_ lol .. yea it does.. but first we interpreted it as "if the actual physical letter is available, If not, a copy of the email will suffice". 

When you schedule your interview appt online your will simply print out the confirmation page upon completion.    If you call to schedule (I wouldn't go this route personally) they will email you the confirmation.

Embassy seems to have learned sending anything by PhilPost is like gambling .. if the letter will ever arrive.  :lol:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

btw Hank_ my fiancee is also trying to get all her documents (Transcript of records, College and HS Diploma, Cert of employment) ready for everything (AOS, School, School for k2, Work). She plans to study in the U.S. eventually. We have been reading about Authenticated documents from the DFA. Did your wife or do you know anyone who eventually needed any of their  documents DFA authenticated? Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreaciated.

Timeline
Just now, Jam Boa said:

btw Hank_ my fiancee is also trying to get all her documents (Transcript of records, College and HS Diploma, Cert of employment) ready for everything (AOS, School, School for k2, Work). She plans to study in the U.S. eventually. We have been reading about Authenticated documents from the DFA. Did your wife or do you know anyone who eventually needed any of their  documents DFA authenticated? Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreaciated.

DFA authentication  is a depends thing.   Depends how where you are presenting those records and documents if they want them authenticated

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

So I received my MNL # about a week ago. I check the CEAC website and states that it cannot be found. I did receive the e-mail today that NVC has sent my application to Manila. I forwarded that e-mail to my fiancé. I just hope that I can check the CEAC site for when it gets to the embassy.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Gregor Hanston said:

So I received my MNL # about a week ago. I check the CEAC website and states that it cannot be found. I did receive the e-mail today that NVC has sent my application to Manila. I forwarded that e-mail to my fiancé. I just hope that I can check the CEAC site for when it gets to the embassy.

Make sure you are entering the number correctly  exactly as on the NVC letter/email.

It is possible it hasn't shipped yet, but doubtful being you have received the email from NVC

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Make sure you are entering the number correctly  exactly as on the NVC letter/email.

It is possible it hasn't shipped yet, but doubtful being you have received the email from NVC

Make sure you are searching on the immigrant ceac tracker,  the error message sounds like what you receive using the nonimmigrant ceac tracker 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.