JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, waiver2020 said:

Hi. I don't think you should be renewing the J1 now that you've applied for the waiver but I think you can apply for the H1B during this process. Assuming you have a sponsor for the H1B, you can ask the DOS to expedite it accordingly. There are a good amount people here who applied for the waiver to get the H1B. They should know more than I do on this. Good luck. 

Thank you for the quick response. Can I start the H1B process, even if i don't get FR on J1 waiver? 

4 hours ago, waiver2020 said:

I believe so. From the previous posts I remember that some people managed to have DOS expedite the process bc they had job offers. 

12 hours ago, A_waiver_20 said:

Thank you for the quick response. Can I start the H1B process, even if i don't get FR on J1 waiver? 

No, you won't be able to apply for H1B before you get the actual USCIS paperwork for the waiver. You can start preparing the required paperwork for H1B application in the meantime, but you will have to wait for the final waiver document before you file your application. 

8 hours ago, J1toH1 said:

No, you won't be able to apply for H1B before you get the actual USCIS paperwork for the waiver. You can start preparing the required paperwork for H1B application in the meantime, but you will have to wait for the final waiver document before you file your application. 

Thank You for your response and suggestion, J1H1.

Would H1B visa program suspended this year? Does anyone have information on this?

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi all

I haven't revived the letter from DoS yet and it has been more than 1 week after they issued Fav Recommendation in the website? I got Recommendation on March 25. Is it normal delay or anyone of you has experienced the same /more delay than that?

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
50 minutes ago, vkk said:

Hello guys! I received my FR today. Hopefully things will move faster now. Best luck for all those waiting for their FR.

Untitled.thumb.png.9b3c1327854806ab67aa602735a77775.png

Congratulations. Let us know when you receive DoS and USCIS letter. I have been waiting for DoS letter for more than one week

On 3/29/2020 at 6:55 PM, j1_nocwaiver said:

Congratulations. Great news. So your favorable recommendation came on Saturday. Does it mean that they send recommendations even on weekends?

I think you meant the No Objection Statement. I thought it was weird it was processed on a Saturday as well. Not sure. But I've pretty much checking these tracking everyday until they came through. 😂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, BUS said:

Anyone has experienced a situation that your table is not appearing anymore?

Yes! I just noticed that my table with information is missing. I am nervous to find out why this happened. I have been patiently waiting to see an update over 11 weeks now. Please let me when your table comes back and if any changes.

50 minutes ago, JMGN said:

Yes! I just noticed that my table with information is missing. I am nervous to find out why this happened. I have been patiently waiting to see an update over 11 weeks now. Please let me when your table comes back and if any changes.

I am experiencing the same with my case today. If I am not mistaken, somewhere in this long discussion chain I saw that last year some people had the same problem and it was system issue which was resolved very soon and it did not have any negative effect on the case. I thing that the same is happening now and we will have soon our information back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.