JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi

My table information also disappeared. I have received Fav Recommendation but haven't yet received the letter from DoS. Is there anyone who received Fav Recommendation and now can't see the table information ? 

Edited by Dev1971

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, waiver2020 said:

Thank you for responding. So it is for K3 Visa. 
From the examples here, I started thinking that family reasons are taking a bit longer than the H1B ones. Your 11 weeks situation also falls into this. Wishing all of us luck!

Thank you. I will be changing my current J1 status to Permanent resident-Green Card. I am not sure if that’s the right way to explain it. But I have been waiting for way too long now, causing me to be checking the website numerous times during the day and even nights. Lol

Timeline
On 4/2/2020 at 3:14 PM, Dev1971 said:

Hi all

I haven't revived the letter from DoS yet and it has been more than 1 week after they issued Fav Recommendation in the website? I got Recommendation on March 25. Is it normal delay or anyone of you has experienced the same /more delay than that?

Hi 

Can anyone help or answer to his situation ?

52 minutes ago, Dev1971 said:

Hi 

Can anyone help or answer to his situation ?

I'm in the same situation as you. I got my favorable rec on March 23 and have not yet received either DoS or USCIS letters. The SASE I sent DoS had tracking labels and those have not been scanned, so not sure if they were ever used... My case is not urgent, so I'll give it another week and reach out to their email if I don't get my DoS recommendation letter/USCIS receipt notice.

If that doesn't work after a few tries the best course of action imo is reaching out to your congressional representative office for help: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

I'll keep watching this thread and will report back next week if I get either document, but seems unlikely to happen at this point. lol

Edited by waiver_throwaway

Timeline
5 minutes ago, waiver_throwaway said:

I'm in the same situation as you. I got my favorable rec on March 23 and have not yet received either DoS or USCIS letters. The SASE I sent DoS had tracking labels and those have not been scanned, so not sure if they were ever used... My case is not urgent, so I'll give it another week and reach out to their email if I don't get my DoS recommendation letter/USCIS receipt notice.

If that doesn't work after a few tries the best course of action imo is reaching out to your congressional representative office for help: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

I'll keep watching this thread and will report back next week if I get either document, but seems unlikely to happen at this point. lol

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I have sent standard mail envelope along with application so it doesn't have tracking information in it. I hope it doesn't lost. DoS and USCIS are very slow in replying emails. Let us know if you get your letter and I will also let you know my update.

On 4/1/2020 at 8:46 AM, J1toH1 said:

No, you won't be able to apply for H1B before you get the actual USCIS paperwork for the waiver. You can start preparing the required paperwork for H1B application in the meantime, but you will have to wait for the final waiver document before you file your application. 

IANAL but this is not entirely accurate.

It is correct that you cannot apply for H-1B under Adjustment of Status without a J-1 favorable recommendation, but once that's issued you may go forward with your application and USCIS will adjudicate both jointly: http://forum.murthy.com/topic/73140-h1b-filing-with-dos-favorable-recommendation-urgent/

You can most definitely apply for an H-1B Consular Processing without even having started your J-1 waiver process. My lawyers did that for me, but I cannot go to a Consulate or Embassy to apply until I receive the J-1 waiver approval notice from USCIS (and until rona is over cuz no embassy taking apps rn lol). Same was done for a friend, and here's another data point: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.iflychina.net%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2F128571

(Search for Jack Ma's comment.)

Not legal advice and you should always consult your lawyer(s) before making any decisions, ofc. Best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.