JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, anu55 said:

In the email response to my query about status update, waiver department said that they are still processing cases. They didn't indicate any change in processing time...hopefully its true and not just the case of copy pasting the standard draft email! 

I badly doubt that they are still processing cases in full capacity. Things are getting slower. Another setback, guys USCIS suspends all H1b premium processing until further notice. I'm in stress now.

15 hours ago, waiverTR said:

You can see the previous posts where many people shared their timeline.. I am only 6 days later than you and hoping that they issue the FR's soon. The response I got was different than yours which means they're at least not giving everyone the same answer. Keep calm and it shall be over soon .. 

Thank you for your thoughts. 

14 hours ago, vkk said:

I badly doubt that they are still processing cases in full capacity. Things are getting slower. Another setback, guys USCIS suspends all H1b premium processing until further notice. I'm in stress now.

Hi, do you know, is there any option to continue with J1 due to this emergency. Please let me know.

2 hours ago, RKR said:

Hi, do you know, is there any option to continue with J1 due to this emergency. Please let me know.

I have no idea at this time. Once I get waiver probably our OIS office will guide me on this.

45 minutes ago, J1waiver1 said:

That's not good. My Visa is expiring in June. Is there still some chance? 

I'm in the same boat as you. Waiting for waiver and then will see what our OIS says.

Today we heard back from our congressman's office regarding my case with the DOS for the second time. They inquired a month ago and DOS replied back saying they're working on it. The second time they replied back saying that the case is pending- as if we didn't ask for an expedited processing or we are not able to see it's pending. Unbelievable but it looks like they're at least still working.. 

1 hour ago, jwaiverapplicant said:

HI everyone! Does anyone here knows if a J1 visa holder can still stay in the US after the visa/DS 2019 expires, while waiting for H1b decision? I know of the 30 day grace period. But after the grace period, will I still be allowed to stay? Thanks

Since you're intentionally ignoring people's questions to your person, I am passing sharing my knowledge with you right now. I feel like what you're asking for is a lawyer where you can have a one-sided conversation. Good luck to you. 

Edited by waiverTR

Hi guys,

I am happy to share my waiver timeline. All my documents were received on Jan 22nd and I just learned that the DOS sent my FR on March 23rd. Hope this info is helpful. I actually emailed on Friday (March 20) to the DOS to inquire about my status where I also mentioned that I have a job offer. I am not sure if that helped though. Also does anyone have any idea how long USCIS is taking process the final step? Can anybody share their USCIS timelines?

Thanks..

Waiver timeline.png

31 minutes ago, J1toH1 said:

Hi guys,

I am happy to share my waiver timeline. All my documents were received on Jan 22nd and I just learned that the DOS sent my FR on March 23rd. Hope this info is helpful. I actually emailed on Friday (March 20) to the DOS to inquire about my status where I also mentioned that I have a job offer. I am not sure if that helped though. Also does anyone have any idea how long USCIS is taking process the final step? Can anybody share their USCIS timelines?

Thanks..

Waiver timeline.png

Congrats and thank you for sharing!!!

38 minutes ago, J1toH1 said:

Hi guys,

Thanks..

Waiver timeline.png

Congratulations! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.