JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, RKR said:

Hi Guys, I am also seeing the notification for the FR. Docs received date Jan 22 and status showing yesterday date March 23rd- FR.

Congratulations! And thanks for sharing the news. Good luck for USCIS process. 

My docs were received on December 18. It means they are not clearing them according to order of receipt. I hope everyone gets their FR soon. 

1 hour ago, J1waiver1 said:

Congratulations! And thanks for sharing the news. Good luck for USCIS process. 

My docs were received on December 18. It means they are not clearing them according to order of receipt. I hope everyone gets their FR soon. 

Ohh wow..congratulations! I hope I will be receiving the same soon.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
4 hours ago, J1toH1 said:

Hi guys,

I am happy to share my waiver timeline. All my documents were received on Jan 22nd and I just learned that the DOS sent my FR on March 23rd. Hope this info is helpful. I actually emailed on Friday (March 20) to the DOS to inquire about my status where I also mentioned that I have a job offer. I am not sure if that helped though. Also does anyone have any idea how long USCIS is taking process the final step? Can anybody share their USCIS timelines?

Thanks..

Waiver timeline.png

Congratulations..

Hope DoS is working in normal speed

10 hours ago, J1toH1 said:

Hi guys,

I am happy to share my waiver timeline. All my documents were received on Jan 22nd and I just learned that the DOS sent my FR on March 23rd. Hope this info is helpful. I actually emailed on Friday (March 20) to the DOS to inquire about my status where I also mentioned that I have a job offer. I am not sure if that helped though. Also does anyone have any idea how long USCIS is taking process the final step? Can anybody share their USCIS timelines?

Thanks..

Waiver timeline.png

Congratulations......

On 3/11/2020 at 10:14 AM, PL-Waiver said:

Hi,

My case was approved by DoS today.

Here is the timeline:

My embassy sent the NOS on 12/27/2019. (It took 1.5 months for DoS to update in their tracking system)

I sent the application packet to DoS on 12/27/2019. (Again it took 4 weeks for DoS to update in their tracking system)

My J-1 sponsor sent the Sponsor Views on 3/5/2020. (It is interesting that this date was shown as 3/1/2020. They actually updated this date with the recommendation on the same day)

Will share the USCIS timeline later.

Thanks everyone on this forum. Good luck to you all.

Department of State Advisory Opinion Finding: Favorable Recommendation

Item Action Date
Recommendation Sent March, 10 2020
Sponsor Views Received March, 01 2020
Request for Sponsor Views Sent February, 18 2020
No Objection Statement Received February, 10 2020
Fee Received January, 23 2020
Form DS-3035 Received January, 23 2020
Form DS-2019 Received January, 23 2020
Passport Data Page Received January, 23 2020
Statement Of Reason Received January, 23 2020

Today my case was approved by USCIS. Here is the timeline:

USCIS received my case from DoS on March, 18 2020

I received an I-797c notice from USCIS on March, 20 2020 (receipt)

Case was approved by USCIS on their website on March, 26 2020

Waiting to receive the notice via mail...

6 hours ago, PL-Waiver said:

Today my case was approved by USCIS. Here is the timeline:

USCIS received my case from DoS on March, 18 2020

I received an I-797c notice from USCIS on March, 20 2020 (receipt)

Case was approved by USCIS on their website on March, 26 2020

Waiting to receive the notice via mail...

Congrats! Your process overall seems to be done very quickly. From the time you mailed the paperwork to DOS, how long did it take to get to this stage? 

3 hours ago, waiver2020 said:

Congrats! Your process overall seems to be done very quickly. From the time you mailed the paperwork to DOS, how long did it take to get to this stage? 

Thanks!

I started my waiver process with my home country in September 2019. It took 3 months for the embassy to issue the NOS.

I mailed the application packet to DoS on December 27, 2019. It took another 3 months for DoS and USCIS for the final approval. 

That's 6 months in total.

Timeline

Hi Guys

I have received the Favorable recommendation on March 25. I was very worried but at last I got it. Can you tell me how can I know when USCIS has received my case? I know USCIS will issue a notice and they will mail that letter. But before that is there any way to know when they will receive my case? Some of you mentioned the date when  USCIS received the case, so I am little bit confused.

look at the picture for my case

D9603599-E27A-4AB3-8643-BEDCFCC75634.jpeg

6 hours ago, Dev1971 said:

Hi Guys

I have received the Favorable recommendation on March 25. I was very worried but at last I got it. Can you tell me how can I know when USCIS has received my case? I know USCIS will issue a notice and they will mail that letter. But before that is there any way to know when they will receive my case? Some of you mentioned the date when  USCIS received the case, so I am little bit confused.

Congratulations! 

7 hours ago, Dev1971 said:

Hi Guys

Congrats! When did you send the paperwork to the DOS? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, waiver2020 said:

Congrats! When did you send the paperwork to the DOS? 

I sent all docs on Jan 10. DoS took 1months to update. Embassy sent NOC on Jan 17 and DoS took 1.5 months to update 

10 hours ago, Dev1971 said:

Hi Guys

Congratulations! This means they do not process in que. Last email from DOS to me said they process first in and out basis. Feb 21 our NOC received and still waiting. Happy for you that you got out of this mess...Best!

3 minutes ago, vkk said:

Congratulations! This means they do not process in que. Last email from DOS to me said they process first in and out basis. Feb 21 our NOC received and still waiting. Happy for you that you got out of this mess...Best!

That's what I was thinking. My NOS received data is Dec 18 and still pending at DOS. In response to my query (through Congressman in January) they mentioned the order of receipt. They also mentioned that some cases require more time.

My case is simple NOS based -- no funding. I am speculating that the processing time also depends on the officer working on the case. 

I sent my docs in September (received by dos in first week of Oct)

Embassy sent NOS to DOS in last week of September (not received), Emailed + took congressman's help to know status of nos (lost 3 months in this process)

Embassy sent NOS again on Dec 19 and (DOS updated Dec 18 as received date) = still pending 14 weeks passed

It is so frustrating. I don't know what to do now.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.