AJParry89

Biometrics 5 months ago, still no answer

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys,

I sent in my wifes I-751 to remove conditions off of her 2yr initial green card at the end of August or beginning of September of last year.  we got a response right away and went in for the biometrics appointment the second half of September.  the month of October we received a letter from USCIS that said her new green card expiration (which expired the end of october last year) will be extended 18 months, and that the letter along with her passport and green card can be used for travel if necessary during that extension period.  They said to wait to hear back to see if we needed to come in for another interview or not.   But we have not heard anything back from USCIS since.  as previously explained, and in past experiences too, they usually have been pretty prompt about this stuff and getting back to us and scheduling interviews if necessary.    what are your experiences with removing conditions on the initial green card?  will they use most or all of these 18 months to process it?   we are planning some travel in the second half of the year, and i would just like some assurance (not that you are able to offer it to me, haha) that she will either have her green card by then, or that we wont at least miss the appointment for an interview if it takes that long to come in the mail.

thanks for your help and thoughts guys!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 minutes ago, AJParry89 said:

Hey guys,

I sent in my wifes I-751 to remove conditions off of her 2yr initial green card at the end of August or beginning of September of last year.  we got a response right away and went in for the biometrics appointment the second half of September.  the month of October we received a letter from USCIS that said her new green card expiration (which expired the end of october last year) will be extended 18 months, and that the letter along with her passport and green card can be used for travel if necessary during that extension period.  They said to wait to hear back to see if we needed to come in for another interview or not.   But we have not heard anything back from USCIS since.  as previously explained, and in past experiences too, they usually have been pretty prompt about this stuff and getting back to us and scheduling interviews if necessary.    what are your experiences with removing conditions on the initial green card?  will they use most or all of these 18 months to process it?   we are planning some travel in the second half of the year, and i would just like some assurance (not that you are able to offer it to me, haha) that she will either have her green card by then, or that we wont at least miss the appointment for an interview if it takes that long to come in the mail.

thanks for your help and thoughts guys!

From what I've seen on here and heard from people it takes about 1-2 years to process the I-751 cause USCIS is so backlogged. So don't expect to hear anything anytime soon. You can check the current processing times of the SC the petition is at via https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok, thank you guys for your responses, I did not realize there would be such a huge difference between the original application for the 2 yr green card vs the I-751.  patience i can do, just want to make sure I am not missing something.

so, if we plan to travel for a few months the end of the year, will we have any problem at customs as long as we show her expired green card and the letter they sent?  the 18 month extension would put the "new expiration" to April 2020.   

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, AJParry89 said:

Ok, thank you guys for your responses, I did not realize there would be such a huge difference between the original application for the 2 yr green card vs the I-751.  patience i can do, just want to make sure I am not missing something.

so, if we plan to travel for a few months the end of the year, will we have any problem at customs as long as we show her expired green card and the letter they sent?  the 18 month extension would put the "new expiration" to April 2020.   

you would be fine. just make sure that you have the extension letter with you.

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office :California Service Center

Receipt #: WAC18096XXXXX

Date Filed :2018-01-02

NOA Date :2018-01-04

18 month courtesy copy: 2018-08-18

18 month official copy: 2018-10-22

Approval: 2019-02-01

GC received : 2019-02-08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.