1 post in this topic

Hello Everyone!!!

It's getting close to the time when we'll be submitting our interview packet to the embassy/consulate and I am getting a bit nervous.

I was hoping some of the more seasoned users on here could provide any insight or comments on what we will be submitting. I will provide a little summary of all the items we will be submitting. If you could review them and let me know what you think, I would be very thankful and appreciative.

The embassy is requesting that we mail in our documents.

Here is what we are submitting and how the packet will flow (Total of about 100 to 120 pages; is this a typical number of pages?):

• Cover Letter (1 Page Total)

• Letters Reaffirming Intent to Marry - Signed and Dated by both me and her (1 Page Total)

• NOA1 & NO2 & First Page of K-1 Packet 3 Instructions (3 Pages Total)

• DS-160 Confirmation Page - With barcode (1 Page Total)

• MRV Fee - Copy of the Receipt (1 Page Total)

• Fiancee's Birth Certificate - A certified original and a photocopy of the original, translated by a certified translator (2 Pages Total)
    • Packet 3 Instructions state to include an original & copy, is the original and a photocopy of the original we are sending in sufficient? Also, is it okay to send our only original by mail to the embassy prior to the interview and my fiancee will only bring a photocopy with her to the interview?

• Fiancee's Police Clearances - Certified originals of police clearances from all required countries, translated by a certified translator (6 Pages Total)
    • Should we send in the originals by mail to the embassy and my fiancee will only bring a photocopy of the originals with her to the interview?

• Passport Style Photos - Including 2 passport style photos in a zip-lock stapled to a sheet of paper (1 Page Total)

• Medical  Form - Still unsure what to send in for this because my fiancee still hasn't received her results or any paperwork back yet (? Pages Total)

• Affidavit of Support / Evidence of Financial Support - (40 Pages Total)
    • ??? Do I need to include a letter stating that my income is above 100% and 125% of the FPL ???
    • Form I-134 - Without checking either box "intend" or "do not intend" and with a response of "N/A (Filing for my fiancee for a K1 Visa Process for Permanent Residence)" response to Page 4 - Part 3 - Item Number 38 (8 Pages)
    • Letter from my Bank -  Stating the total amount deposited and the average balance over the past 12 months, the date the account was opened, and the current balance (1 Page)
    • Bank Statements - I included the first page of each statement only and included the following statements:                February 2016, December 2016, January 2017, December 2017, January 2018, December 2018, January 2019 (7 Pages)
    • Letter from my Employer - On their stationary/letterhead stating my name, my title, the date of my employment, my current annual salary (and monthly salary), and that I am a permanent employee with them (1 Page)
    • Pay Stubs - Last 3 months' pay stubs from my employer (8 Pages)
    • W-2 Forms - From 2016 to 2018 (4 Pages)
    • Tax Return Transcripts - For the 2016 and 2017 tax years (11 Pages)

• Evidence of Relationship - (45 Pages Total)
    • Text Messages - Starting from just after we filed the I-129F up until February 2019 for a total of 8 samples (31 Pages)
    • Voice Call Logs - Starting from just after we filed the I-129F up until February 2019 for a total of 5 samples (7 Pages)
    • Visit Pictures - I visited my fiancee once this November of 2018 since we filed the I-129F and I have included 2 pictures from that visit, one picture with me and my fiancee and the other with me, my fiancee, and my sister and I have included a brief description next to each picture(1 Page)
    • Boarding Passes & Itinerary - To prove that I visited (6 Pages)
    • My Passport Visa Page - Showing I landed in her City (2 Pages)

• Passport - Do we need to submit a photocopy of all her passport pages???

I apologize again if this post is overboard but I just don't want anything to go wrong and I'm hoping to have everything go as smoothly as possible.

Thank you all in advance for your time and help. It is greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.