VikaShew2017

package 3. 4

6 posts in this topic

Packet 3 is the information you send ti the embassy.  Packet 4 is the embassy either giving you an interview date or telling you to book your interview. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Kiev embassy expressly requests not to send anything to them, it's clearly put on their website. Kiev embassy emailed my fiance about a week after our file physically got to them with a letter issued to my name saying they are pleased to have our case, encourage me to collate the documents and schedule the interview. They also enclosed the IMBRA pamphlet. I assume this is package 3. Actually it doesn't matter. If the interview is scheduled before this letter is received, there is high chance it will be canceled as the COs didn't have time to get familiar with the file

Edited by HP+IC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 2/10/2019 at 10:43 AM, VikaShew2017 said:

What mean package 3.4 for embassy in Ukraine? I didn't get nothing yet.

Is it important to get its before the interview?

It confused me too at first as I kept expecting some sort of physical package with all sorts of documents. 

Not exactly sure, to this day, why everyone keeps on referencing packets since it varies depending on country. 

So for Ukraine what people are referring to:

Packet 3 - An email from the NVC to petitioner/beneficiary (whomever's email is on file)stating that they've sent off your case to the corresponding embassy. 

Packet 4 - An email from the the embassy to petitioner/beneficiary (whomever's email is on file) with instructions on how to schedule an interview and all the things that are required prior to the interview.

They send  both a digital and the physical copy. I confirmed this by asking the NVC directly. 

Digital copy gets there almost instantaneously while the physical copy takes a little more than a week so make sure to schedule your interview at least two weeks out, minimum, from the time that the NVC sends out the email (Packet 3) as they won't conduct the interview if they haven't actually received the physical copy of your case. 

So the packets everyone is talking about are just emails (applicable to US Embassy in Ukraine).

Hope that clears things up!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Alekezam said:

It confused me too at first as I kept expecting some sort of physical package with all sorts of documents. 

Not exactly sure, to this day, why everyone keeps on referencing packets since it varies depending on country. 

Packet 3 - An email from the NVC to petitioner/beneficiary (whomever's email is on file)stating that they've sent off your case to the corresponding embassy. 

Packet 4 - An email from the the embassy to petitioner/beneficiary (whomever's email is on file) with instructions on how to schedule an interview and all the things that are required prior to the interview.

They send  both a digital and the physical copy. I confirmed this by asking the NVC directly. 

Digital copy gets there almost instantaneously while the physical copy takes a little more than a week so make sure to schedule your interview at least two weeks out, minimum, from the time that the NVC sends out the email (Packet 3) as they won't conduct the interview if they haven't actually received the physical copy of your case. 

So the packets everyone is talking about are just emails (applicable to US Embassy in Ukraine).

thank you for explanation! today we got both and finally will have interview in Friday!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 2/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, Alekezam said:

We did receive the pysical letter from the NVC this past Friday 2/8/19. The letter was written 12/26/2018. We already completed all steps and visa was approved nearly 3 weeks before we received the physical letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.