Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, F + S said:

Visa got approved today!!!! 😁 

Can't believe it's finally over. 

Thank you @NicoleM @MeghanK @Lana&Ivy and others who have helped me along the way!! It's very much appreciated!! 

Congratulations!!!! See you in the AOS phase! :)

32 minutes ago, F + S said:

Thank you @NicoleM @MeghanK @Lana&Ivy and others who have helped me along the way!! It's very much appreciated!! 

YAAAY congratulations!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/1/2019 at 10:45 PM, F + S said:

YAY!! Its pretty much the best feeling! I cross the boarder in 2 weeks!

Timeline
On 4/30/2019 at 12:32 PM, MeghanK said:

Everyone gets P3. Some people send in the P3 reply before their actual P3 makes it to them via mail. They will only send P4 as response to an early submitted P3 if the actual P3 has been issued. It is hit or miss with this kind of guessing, some people get P4, some people get "do not send this yet"

Hi MeghanK.  Have you filed your AOS paperwork yet?   Is there a forum I can follow?   My interview isn’t until June 5th but getting paperwork done as much as I can right now so it’s ready to go after our wedding June 21st.  

9 minutes ago, Lori Johnson said:

Hi MeghanK.  Have you filed your AOS paperwork yet?   Is there a forum I can follow?   My interview isn’t until June 5th but getting paperwork done as much as I can right now so it’s ready to go after our wedding June 21st.  

Ahhh sadly no, we aren't even in the u.s. together yet. But we are also actively working on the AOS paperwork now. There is a K1 to AOS forum though if you go to the main forum area and scroll down a bit. It has been pretty helpful so far, same with the K1 AOS guide which is in the "Guides" menu :)

Honestly there isn't much new material needed and a lot you can recycle from the interview if you have extra copies or saved it all digitally. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline

My Fiancé is getting the I-134 ready to courier with all supporting documents. Interview is in the 22nd and we are scared of missing anything. 

Can you guys list for me all the supporting documentation you sent along with the I-134?

Timeline
6 hours ago, OkFine2019! said:

My Fiancé is getting the I-134 ready to courier with all supporting documents. Interview is in the 22nd and we are scared of missing anything. 

Can you guys list for me all the supporting documentation you sent along with the I-134?

2016, 2017, 2018 Tax transcripts

2016, 2017, 2018 W-2's

Pay Stubs

For me. Good luck :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, OkFine2019! said:

We had everything with us: 

Tax return

Letter from employer 

Pay stubs from his work 

Tax transcripts 

BUT the only thing they took at the interview was the tax returns. I offered everything else and they didn't want it. 

Every case is different. I've heard from some people having to provide all proof from above and others only gave tax return. 

My advice is just to bring everything you can think of - just in case!! Just cover your bases in case they ask for it. Better to be safe than sorry  :)

Edited by F + S

Just received the P4 and was reading that K1 visa fee should be paid in cash, yet I've seen different ones on VJ state both paying cash or online. Has anyone paid online while making the interview appointment and already had their interview and have no problem?

Thanks!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TheLedgerFiles said:

Just received the P4 and was reading that K1 visa fee should be paid in cash, yet I've seen different ones on VJ state both paying cash or online. Has anyone paid online while making the interview appointment and already had their interview and have no problem?

Thanks!!

Paid by card on the DOS site. Before booking your interview it should prompt you to pay. Best to use a credit card with low, or no foreign exchange rate. :)

Just now, purem4g1c said:

Paid by card on the DOS site. Before booking your interview it should prompt you to pay. Best to use a credit card with low, or no foreign exchange rate. :)

Thank you so much!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone! I know this is a K1 topic but I’m just wondering if the backlog is still the same for interview in Montreal? I’m at NVC stage CR-1. Thank you

4 hours ago, TheLedgerFiles said:

Thanks!!

I second purem4g1c's reply to this but just wanted to add on:

My packet 4 stated "If you have previously paid all fees due to the National Visa Center, there will be no additional fees to pay on the day of the interview. If you have not paid fees at the National Visa Center, please be prepared to pay the following fees on the day of your interview." , and only then listed the K1 as "paid in cash only"

So basically, if you didn't pay for it already you have to pay cash at the interview. However, I have read some reviews for the Montreal consulate advising against paying cash as it seems it complicates the process and the officers seem to expect that you've paid online already. Be aware that the DOS website usually won't let you pay if there are no available appointments. You will have to wait until interview dates open up and then it'll let you pay. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.