Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, F + S said:

Question for those who've had their interview already... did you bring your documents in a folder of some sort? I heard binders aren't allowed? 

I love to be organized and it'd drive me crazy if I have to bring my stack of papers all jumbled up together 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

From what I've seen, people have been using this type of folder, which is what I plan to bring:

2036982218_ScreenShot2019-04-23at7_36_35AM.png.dbd614c72088a32cb1775bde6b82352a.png

On 4/23/2019 at 7:26 AM, F + S said:

Question for those who've had their interview already... did you bring your documents in a folder of some sort? I heard binders aren't allowed? 

I love to be organized and it'd drive me crazy if I have to bring my stack of papers all jumbled up together 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

Yeah we brought a huge hard shell accordian folder and had no issues. Like the one pictured in previous comment, maybe even a bit larger.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hello everyone. So i got my packet 4, and when i went to book my interview date it says 

There are no available appointments at this time. Please check back in a few days as the Consular Section will open more appointments.

should i pay the fee first 265? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, ChristinaC said:

hello everyone. So i got my packet 4, and when i went to book my interview date it says 

There are no available appointments at this time. Please check back in a few days as the Consular Section will open more appointments.

Yes, pay the fee!! Then keep checking back every day to see when they open up June appointments 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, ChristinaC said:

Hi CristinaC. I’m from Windsor also and getting same message. I’ve been checking pretty much every hour all day long since last Tuesday when I got P4.  Tried calling too which was useless (not surprising). I have Dr appt booked in Toronto for May 13th.  Hoping I don’t have to change it because I don’t have interview date yet.  

Timeline
7 hours ago, F + S said:

Yes, pay the fee!! Then keep checking back every day to see when they open up June appointments 😊

Are we able to pay the fee without having an appointment available? I can't seem to figure out how if so. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, AKJK said:

Are we able to pay the fee without having an appointment available? I can't seem to figure out how if so. 

Did you get packet 4? 

It will show you the steps. You must pay the fee first before booking the appointment. 

When I got Packet 4 during first week of March, April was all booked and there were no appointments available. But I was still able to pay the fee. Then I kept checking back every day until May opened and I booked the appointment 😊

Timeline
1 hour ago, F + S said:

Did you get packet 4? 

It will show you the steps. You must pay the fee first before booking the appointment. 

When I got Packet 4 during first week of March, April was all booked and there were no appointments available. But I was still able to pay the fee. Then I kept checking back every day until May opened and I booked the appointment 😊

Yeah I did get my packet 4. I don't see a prompt to pay anywhere though, only that there are no appointments available at this time. I guess I just have to wait for appointments to open  up.

Edited by AKJK

Timeline
3 hours ago, Lori Johnson said:

Hi CristinaC. I’m from Windsor also and getting same message. I’ve been checking pretty much every hour all day long since last Tuesday when I got P4.  Tried calling too which was useless (not surprising). I have Dr appt booked in Toronto for May 13th.  Hoping I don’t have to change it because I don’t have interview date yet.  

oh man, i hope they open up the dates real soon then, i am not going to book my medical until i have a date set (everything is so up in the air as usual) 

Timeline
3 hours ago, F + S said:

Did you get packet 4? 

i also cant figure out where to pay for the fee. I think once dates open up it will give you an option to pay or bring the cash the day of the interview

Timeline
21 minutes ago, ChristinaC said:

i also cant figure out where to pay for the fee. I think once dates open up it will give you an option to pay or bring the cash the day of the interview

But I was able to pay before any dates opened up so I don't know why you and @AKJK aren't able to do so. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, F + S said:

But I was able to pay before any dates opened up so I don't know why you and @AKJK aren't able to do so. 

yeah super werid, it wont even give me an option to pay. 

1 hour ago, AKJK said:

Yeah I did get my packet 4. I don't see a prompt to pay anywhere though, only that there are no appointments available at this time. I guess I just have to wait for appointments to open  up.

41 minutes ago, ChristinaC said:

I got my packet 4 on April 12 and haven't been able to pay the fee either (no dates available). I just assumed that you had to pick an available day first, then pay, then go through to final scheduling, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the group that went before us? 😰

I reread my packet 4 and noticed it said:

"Fees

If you have previously paid all fees due to the National Visa Center, there will be no additional fees to pay on the day of the interview. If you have not paid fees at the National Visa Center, please be prepared to pay the following fees on the day of your interview.

K (fiancé/e) visas: $265.00 US, paid in cash only. "

But I thought this just meant if we haven't paid it online we have to pay in cash in person?

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 7.43.52 AM.png

Edited by Isabel&Will
Added screenshot of page

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Isabel&Will said:

"Fees

If you have previously paid all fees due to the National Visa Center, there will be no additional fees to pay on the day of the interview. If you have not paid fees at the National Visa Center, please be prepared to pay the following fees on the day of your interview.

But I thought this just meant if we haven't paid it online we have to pay in cash in person?

I think I remember someone else had planned to pay cash at the interview and couldn't because they had to pay online in order to schedule.  

I think spousal visas may pay the NVC but K-1s pay while scheduling.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Isabel&Will said:

I got my packet 4 on April 12 and haven't been able to pay the fee either (no dates available). I just assumed that you had to pick an available day first, then pay, then go through to final scheduling, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the group that went before us? 😰

I reread my packet 4 and noticed it said:

"Fees

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 7.43.52 AM.png

yeah mine is the same. ill just bring the cash the day of the interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.