Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, KristineGB said:

I actually don't know how to tell. The email containing the case number is dated April 16. When I called NVC they gave me an invoice number and the date April 16. As of April 22 CEAC said In transit (i think? I can't recall if that's the phrase). Then I checked today it said ready. Interesting. I just read it somewhere today, unless I read wrong. It's good to know P3 comes by mail. I hear some people don't receive it at all.

It most likely arrived at the consulate on April 18 (assuming the 16th is the date it left NVC?). You could try emailing P3 in, there's a small chance they mailed it today but more than likely wait for the next date change on your status and that will probably be when they mail P3. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, MeghanK said:

It most likely arrived at the consulate on April 18 (assuming the 16th is the date it left NVC?). You could try emailing P3 in, there's a small chance they mailed it today but more than likely wait for the next date change on your status and that will probably be when they mail P3. 

Thanks for the tip! And for the P3 I just send in the checklist and not the actual items in the checklist right? All these months of research and I always thought it was the latter. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, MeghanK said:

I haven't seen any instances if P3 being sent via email for as long as I've been tracking things (last October ish).

I received P3 via email specifically after the Consulate asked me for proof of Canadian citizenship. Perhaps it depends on your case.

1 hour ago, KristineGB said:

And for the P3 I just send in the checklist and not the actual items in the checklist right? All these months of research and I always thought it was the latter. 

Yes, the checklist with signature, (you can N/A items that don't apply to you), DS-160 confirmation page, and copy of Canadian passport biographical page. The checklist is meant to be like a promise to the Consulate that you'll bring original and copies of those items to the interview.

1 hour ago, Vans said:

I received P3 via email specifically after the Consulate asked me for proof of Canadian citizenship. Perhaps it depends on your case.

Cool, good info to know! How long after it got to the consulate did you get that email? 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Timeline
1 hour ago, MeghanK said:

Cool, good info to know! How long after it got to the consulate did you get that email? 

Not sure exactly when the Consulate received it but it left NVC on November 27, 2018. I received the request for proof of citizenship letter on December 17 and responded via email, as per the instructions. The Consulate acknowledged my proof via email on December 31. P3 was received via email on January 7.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Vans said:

Yes, the checklist with signature, (you can N/A items that don't apply to you), DS-160 confirmation page, and copy of Canadian passport biographical page. The checklist is meant to be like a promise to the Consulate that you'll bring original and copies of those items to the interview.

Thanks very much. And how long after status changed to READY did you get your P3?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, KristineGB said:

Thanks very much. And how long after status changed to READY did you get your P3?

No problem! Sorry, I don't remember. I had a screenshot of when it changed to READY but I can't find it. Since yours changed recently, sounds like it's coming along.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Vans said:

No problem! Sorry, I don't remember. I had a screenshot of when it changed to READY but I can't find it. Since yours changed recently, sounds like it's coming along.

Thanks!! I hope the P3 comes. I read that some people dont get it along so they just kind of send it and then the coincidence is that they then receive P4. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, KristineGB said:

Thanks!! I hope the P3 comes. I read that some people dont get it along so they just kind of send it and then the coincidence is that they then receive P4. 

It really is a test of patience. Here is another topic, you may have seen already, that talks about READY to P3:

1 hour ago, KristineGB said:

Everyone gets P3. Some people send in the P3 reply before their actual P3 makes it to them via mail. They will only send P4 as response to an early submitted P3 if the actual P3 has been issued. It is hit or miss with this kind of guessing, some people get P4, some people get "do not send this yet"

Edited by MeghanK

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

1 hour ago, Vans said:

Not sure exactly when the Consulate received it but it left NVC on November 27, 2018. I received the request for proof of citizenship letter on December 17 and responded via email, as per the instructions. The Consulate acknowledged my proof via email on December 31. P3 was received via email on January 7.

We were in the same NVC shipment! Consulate received it on Nov 29. Our P3 was mailed out on December 12th and arrived to us on about Dec 26th. We sent P3 Dec 31 and received P4 January 10th.

Also a note for anyone currently trying to compare timelines. The consulate was SUPER slowed down during these above dates due to all the holidays, and even though people deny it - I'm assuming the govt shutdown slowed things even more. Current consulate movement is much faster than ours on Nov-Jan. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Timeline
35 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

Everyone gets P3. Some people send in the P3 reply before their actual P3 makes it to them via mail. They will only send P4 as response to an early submitted P3 if the actual P3 has been issued. It is hit or miss with this kind of guessing, some people get P4, some people get "do not send this yet"

Oh I meant I read that people never received their P3. Like theyve sent in their P3 before they get the notice and then they get the P4 but they dont ever receive P3. Like the embassy forgot to send it or something. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, KristineGB said:

Oh I meant I read that people never received their P3. Like theyve sent in their P3 before they get the notice and then they get the P4 but they dont ever receive P3. Like the embassy forgot to send it or something. 

Maybe if they put the wrong address but it is always sent out. It has to be! how else would people who aren't using "VJ" or other like services know they can send in their P3 :)

Timeline
4 hours ago, MeghanK said:

We were in the same NVC shipment! Consulate received it on Nov 29. Our P3 was mailed out on December 12th and arrived to us on about Dec 26th. We sent P3 Dec 31 and received P4 January 10th.

Awesome! We have similar timelines -- my P4 was received on January 11. Congrats on the visa and good luck with the move!

3 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

Maybe if they put the wrong address but it is always sent out. It has to be! how else would people who aren't using "VJ" or other like services know they can send in their P3 :)

I've seen a timeline from a user who claims they never received P3 but I think that's a rare case. As @MeghanK mentioned, some people might have bypassed this by sending P3 early before actually receiving it, if ever.

Does anyone know if they still have June appointments, or if people are starting to wait until July opens up? (I know I’m just starting wait for p3, just curious what my timeline for interview is somewhat looking like) 😁 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.