Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Isabel&Will said:

My status just changed to "Ready" 😱 (NOA2 Feb 12, NVC sent out March 19, DHL shows it was signed for on the 21st) but I think we still need to wait to get the P3 before we send anything to them? Are we able to complete the DS-160 or do they want us to wait for that as well? I will be doing the medical in Vancouver so I have to wait until I book an interview date before I can get the medical booked, but is there anything else I should be doing in the meantime? I already got the police certificate stuff taken care of.

Yes you can go ahead and do your DS-160! Was that the first time it changed to ready from In Transit? If so, keep an eye on your "Last status change" or whatever it's called.... once that changes again in a week or two that typically means your P3 was mailed to you.

Are your vaccines up to date? If not, you could consider getting them up to speed at a clinic before the medical. They are expensive af at medical I think.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, sweethrtt said:

Hi!! It changed to READY today! I'm going to send in my packet 3 sometime next week!!! I have my DS-160 filled out and ready to go.. just going to go over it with a fine tooth comb before sending it in!

Congrats!   I was hoping ours would change today also, but still in transit.  Maybe tomorrow🤞

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lori Johnson said:

Congrats!   I was hoping ours would change today also, but still in transit.  Maybe tomorrow🤞

I’m praying it is tomorrow for you as well!!! 🤞🏼 

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

8 minutes ago, alniki said:

@MeghanK - i see you just had your interview! How did that go? Did they give you the visa after the interview, or are they sending it to you later? 

Interview was simple and fast! Really is the easiest part. And no they do not ever give the visa after/at the interview, they keep your passport and mail it back. Takes about a week or two if there are no hold ups in administrative processing.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Timeline
22 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

Interview was simple and fast! Really is the easiest part. And no they do not ever give the visa after/at the interview, they keep your passport and mail it back. Takes about a week or two if there are no hold ups in administrative processing.

Glad to hear! Hope you get the visa soon!!

Timeline

I am reviewing my DS-160 application before submitting it, and was wondering if you guys could provide some insight to one of the questions. "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?" 

I understand that for the immigration physical (for the age group of 18-64) we only need MMR, Tdap, Chicken pox, and flu shot. Are these the vaccines that this question is referring to? Or do you feel this would this include additional vaccines (like hep B, hep A etc)? 

Thanks for your help!

Edited by alniki

39 minutes ago, alniki said:

I am reviewing my DS-160 application before submitting it, and was wondering if you guys could provide some insight to one of the questions. "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?" 

I understand that for the immigration physical (for the age group of 18-64) we only need MMR, Tdap, Chicken pox, and flu shot. Are these the vaccines that this question is referring to? Or do you feel this would this include additional vaccines (like hep B, hep A etc)? 

Thanks for your help!

Yup if that's your age group, just those.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Timeline

Got my Packet 4 today. Just booked my interview May 22 ( 3 appointments left) and 29 (3 appointments left) Sending in your Packet 3 ahead of time works, and I suggest do it. Worse case they'll say you can't and then just submit it when you get the 2nd ready like others have suggested.

Wtn3l1d.png

👍

Timeline

My date finally changed and I sent in P3 today. 

However, I just realized that my NOA2 expires on May 21st. 

What do I do? Do they care? Do I just try to get a date before then? Is that unlikely at this point?

Timeline
1 minute ago, OkFine2019! said:

My date finally changed and I sent in P3 today. 

However, I just realized that my NOA2 expires on May 21st. 

What do I do? Do they care? Do I just try to get a date before then? Is that unlikely at this point?

The consulate has authority to extend it. I was told by both USCIC and NVC not to worry (ours expire June 5; it just left the NVC today after a long wait between USCIS and NVC rec'd). 

I'd say it's unlikely for you to get an interview before May 21st given the above information that interviews are being scheduled for May 22nd and 29th in Montreal. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, ionoone said:

The consulate has authority to extend it. I was told by both USCIC and NVC not to worry (ours expire June 5; it just left the NVC today after a long wait between USCIS and NVC rec'd). 

I'd say it's unlikely for you to get an interview before May 21st given the above information that interviews are being scheduled for May 22nd and 29th in Montreal. 

Yeah, I saw those dates right after I posted! Eeek!

Timeline

Hello all. I am trying to complete the DS-160 application, and I came across a section that I hadn't seen the first time around. The section also cannot be accessed when I click forwards through the application, only if I click backwards through it (I know this sounds crazy). The section is for previous work and education. Below is a screen capture of this section. The thing that I am struggling with is that when I input my previous work or education, it won't save. I feel like this is a software bug, and maybe this isn't supposed to be in the application? Did you guys have this section in your application? any issues with saving your info in it?? 

Previous Work and Education.PNG

Timeline
8 minutes ago, alniki said:

Hello all. I am trying to complete the DS-160 application, and I came across a section that I hadn't seen the first time around. The section also cannot be accessed when I click forwards through the application, only if I click backwards through it (I know this sounds crazy). The section is for previous work and education. Below is a screen capture of this section. The thing that I am struggling with is that when I input my previous work or education, it won't save. I feel like this is a software bug, and maybe this isn't supposed to be in the application? Did you guys have this section in your application? any issues with saving your info in it?? 

I did not have that section; I completed the DS-160 yesterday.

I wonder if it depends on what you write in "Work/Education Present"; i.e. I have been at the same job for 2 1/2 years, and maybe they did not require previous work/education because of that. But maybe because of what you wrote for your current information they require more information about previous work/education. 

I'd be curious to see everyone else's answers and hear about their experience! 

Edited by ionoone

Timeline

I completed mine last week with no issues.  I listed only one job - figured 23 years was good enough.  I  made 4 entries for education with no problem.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.