Meryem467

Did I celebrate too soon???

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good morning,

Two weeks ago I ecstatically posted that my fiancé was approved in Casablanca. The consular officer told him he would see "issued" on CEAC within two weeks. Today is the two-week mark and it's still listed as "administrative processing." Should we be worried? The consular officer did not ask for any additional paperwork or anything, just said that he was approved and gave him the paperwork to register with Aramex. Any advice? I sent an email to the embassy this morning, but I'm not sure what else to do. 

Thanks in advance! 

You wait. They always tell people two weeks, but there are lots of way it can be delayed a few days or weeks. After the interview, I imagine the CO has to do a ton of paperwork to approve the visa, then probably his supervisor has to review all the paperwork and approve it. Then who knows who else has to approve it (section chief, anyone else from State?...) before it is considered "approved". The visa will have to be printed and goes through a quality control process where they test and test again on readable machine to make sure it will read correctly when you get to the POE in front of the CBP. Any of those steps (and any other steps we don't know ) could be the holdup for an foreseen reasons: people go to vacation for a week or two, computer systems are down, they ran out of ink on the visa printer and has to wait for a shipment of the super secret ink from area 51, who knows. On top of that, your visa is not the only one that Post is working on. Everyday, a typical Post approve hundreds and hundreds of immigrant and non-immigrants visas. So, you get the pictures. Be patient, you will get there. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

THis question is asked by everyone lol. FYI, that's normal, you should hear something shortly, it's normal to have AP after every interview, don't worry it's approved, relax and celebrate. Have a good day and congrats ! 😃

Thank you for the support. I needed to hear that. 

@missileman when I wrote shortly, I didn't mean tomorrow as it's clear that there is no time frame for AP, they usually say it can be days, weeks or months as a standard response, I was just easing her thought that it was not approved which indeed it was. I am aware that AP varies but usually takes a couple of weeks .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

when  CO  says approved and register at aramex and  does not ask for any additional documents,  u are good to go

AP  that lasts for months is usually for those requiring additional  evidence such as the ds5535

did the CO  keep your  passport?

did the CO give you the "Welcome to the USA letter"?

saving my congratulations till the visa is in hand so let us all know when this happens

allah yessir means God  will set this right

Timeline
3 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

when  CO  says approved and register at aramex and  does not ask for any additional documents,  u are good to go

AP  that lasts for months is usually for those requiring additional  evidence such as the ds5535

did the CO  keep your  passport?

did the CO give you the "Welcome to the USA letter"?

saving my congratulations till the visa is in hand so let us all know when this happens

allah yessir means God  will set this right

Yes, they kept his passport and gave him the welcome letter. Hopefully, we will just wait a few more days. Thanks for your response. I will definitely keep everyone updated. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

You will get it in a few days, don't worry at all.

There you go again......"a few days" might be true...or it could be months.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hobidyali said:

That's my opinion from what I have seen from the consulate, I am no expert and not claiming to be, just my observations.

I hope your prediction is correct.  This whole process is just horrible.  I can't imagine the torture of having to endure an extended AP......Sorry if I seemed insensitive. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
Just now, Hobidyali said:

No no not at all , I really hope it does go smoothly for her as well.

Thank you both. The differences between individual cases are what makes it so difficult. Another man who did the interview the same day as my fiance got his passport back three days ago. It's just the whole no communication/not knowing/differences in every case that make people crazy! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

No no not at all , I really hope it does go smoothly for her as well.

After my wife's interview, the CO gave her a 221g requesting a proper divorce certificate....she sent it the same day...I freaked out at first because the status changed to "Refused".....2 days later, it changed to "Issued".........a long AP would be difficult to endure.

Edited by missileman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.