LaLaRI

NVC sent the case back to USCIS

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Just got off the phone with USCIS and it seems like the department of State reapproved my petition and sent it back.He said to allow 180 days since the NVC sent the case to USCIS at most before forwarding it to NVC. So one step forward but still nowhere close to the file actually reaching the local embassy :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kuki and Evan said:

Just got off the phone with USCIS and it seems like the department of State reapproved my petition and sent it back.He said to allow 180 days since the NVC sent the case to USCIS at most before forwarding it to NVC. So one step forward but still nowhere close to the file actually reaching the local embassy :(

At least they’ve sent it back! Check again within a week or 2 with NVC :) we got this! A bit more patience it’ll get to the USEM soon enough! I’ll be checking on my end by this Friday or mid week next week with NVC 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/11/2019 at 7:43 PM, LaLaRI said:

At least they’ve sent it back! Check again within a week or 2 with NVC :) we got this! A bit more patience it’ll get to the USEM soon enough! I’ll be checking on my end by this Friday or mid week next week with NVC 

Has your case been shipped today? I called the NVC and they said my case did not reach yet. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Kuki and Evan said:

Has your case been shipped today? I called the NVC and they said my case did not reach yet. 

I got the email below 3/12 

Your inquiry indicates the petition has been forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) for further processing. The

NVC has not yet received this petition back from US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The NVC will

send further instructions upon receipt of the petition. Please contact USCIS to verify the status of this petition.

I tried calling this morning I can’t even get through that was around 7am PST and just couple minutes ago still can’t get through. Im not sure how quick you get notified once it’s shipped so let’s see 🤷🏻‍♀️ I already have the case#  from last time but just pending the email from them with the PDF attachment for his medical 

Not sure if it would be safe to secure an appointment around first week of May? 🤔

Timeline
10 hours ago, LaLaRI said:

I got the email below 3/12 

Your inquiry indicates the petition has been forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) for further processing. The

NVC has not yet received this petition back from US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The NVC will

send further instructions upon receipt of the petition. Please contact USCIS to verify the status of this petition.

I tried calling this morning I can’t even get through that was around 7am PST and just couple minutes ago still can’t get through. Im not sure how quick you get notified once it’s shipped so let’s see 🤷🏻‍♀️ I already have the case#  from last time but just pending the email from them with the PDF attachment for his medical 

Not sure if it would be safe to secure an appointment around first week of May? 🤔

The next shipment is on the 2nd of April. I hope the first week of may is a safe choice.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/20/2019 at 2:05 AM, Kuki and Evan said:

The next shipment is on the 2nd of April. I hope the first week of may is a safe choice.

I checked last week that NVC got my case back (3.27) here’s to hoping it gets sent out tomorrow! Any update on urs? 

Timeline
On 4/2/2019 at 12:21 AM, LaLaRI said:

I checked last week that NVC got my case back (3.27) here’s to hoping it gets sent out tomorrow! Any update on urs? 

Mine has already been sent and it's at the embassy :) all is good!

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone! This topic is old but I looked for it after it happened to us 😭 We're broken! Our NOA2 was July 9th, then NVC received our case August 1st and sent it back to USCIS August 12th. We didn't have an NVC number and at this point, our petition is neither in NVC or USCIS. So frustrating! 😞😞😞We already had a looooong wait with an RFE... Losing hope... According to your experience, how long took for your petitions to be back in NVC? What was the issue? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

44 minutes ago, Aeiou1357 said:

Hello everyone! This topic is old but I looked for it after it happened to us 😭 We're broken! Our NOA2 was July 9th, then NVC received our case August 1st and sent it back to USCIS August 12th. We didn't have an NVC number and at this point, our petition is neither in NVC or USCIS. So frustrating! 😞😞😞We already had a looooong wait with an RFE... Losing hope... According to your experience, how long took for your petitions to be back in NVC? What was the issue? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the same issue as the OP.  Sometimes the USCIS misses a stamp or completion of a background item on the petitioner.  Your petition will be fixed by the USCIS and sent back to the NVC.  It takes a few weeks to get logged back in by USCIS (and travels back from NVC to the service center.   You should hear something within a month after getting to the service center.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
On 8/17/2019 at 10:28 PM, Aeiou1357 said:

It is actually pretty much what happened to us. Our case gor approved on the 11th of Jan, got sent back to USCIS from the NVC at the very end of Jan (29 i think) and got reapproved on the 5th of March. so it will push ur case one month behing, but have patience it s happening. As far as i ve seen those petitions bein sent back to USCIS are going in waves, so maybe youy can find someone whose petition got sent back in the same day as yours did. good luck and don't lose hope! 

Timeline
On 8/24/2019 at 1:07 PM, Kuki and Evan said:

It is actually pretty much what happened to us. Our case gor approved on the 11th of Jan, got sent back to USCIS from the NVC at the very end of Jan (29 i think) and got reapproved on the 5th of March. so it will push ur case one month behing, but have patience it s happening. As far as i ve seen those petitions bein sent back to USCIS are going in waves, so maybe youy can find someone whose petition got sent back in the same day as yours did. good luck and don't lose hope! 

Thanks... Last August 20th we received an email from USCIS, that they got our case back and they're reviewing it..  We don't know what happened yet. I hope it doesn't takes the 180 days they told us :( Do you know where/who to ask for the reason???

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/25/2019 at 10:16 PM, Aeiou1357 said:

Thanks... Last August 20th we received an email from USCIS, that they got our case back and they're reviewing it..  We don't know what happened yet. I hope it doesn't takes the 180 days they told us :( Do you know where/who to ask for the reason???

They ll tell you it's because of a stamp issue. It will not take 180 days , that s for sure. Try not to worry about it, they will not deny you during this review

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Kuki and Evan said:

They ll tell you it's because of a stamp issue. It will not take 180 days , that s for sure. Try not to worry about it, they will not deny you during this review

We were re approved in August 28th. Days later we received our second NOA2 letter. Now waiting for NVC number again... Thanks for your help!!!

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am really glad to find this thread .This has just occurred with us.How were you able to speak with a representative at USCIS?I am only getting the automated menu.

We have tried to get info as to why our forms were sent back before an interview has even been scheduled.Thank You in advance for any advice:)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Stefanie&Danny said:

I am really glad to find this thread .This has just occurred with us.How were you able to speak with a representative at USCIS?I am only getting the automated menu.

We have tried to get info as to why our forms were sent back before an interview has even been scheduled.Thank You in advance for any advice:)

I understand your frustration :( We were never able to talk to anybody who could tell us what happened (neither USCIS or NVC), we just waited. But you could try sending an inquiry email. After we received our REapproval letter (2nd NOA2) everything went normally. I already entered US. I hope you have answers soon, your case to flow soon. Stay patient.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.