LaLaRI

NVC sent the case back to USCIS

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any one else dealing with this issue this year? i called this morning to get the case# which I did, but was told they had to send it back to USCIS due to an error, I wasn't advised why, but I tried calling back this evening to see if I could get any status why it would be sent back.. I was just told by the agent to give USCIS a call back tomorrow.. no criminal history for the both of us. He currently works in Dubai, he has already turned in his two weeks notice and is scheduled to go back home to the Philippines in February. Anyone else dealing with this? or have some type of steps/advice I should do I've read where at times cases were lost during the return and had to wait several months... :( i hope not!! :( 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

its not unheard of that they forgot to put the approval stamp on the documents sent from USCIS to NVC.. it happens.

Edited by TandSarahJane

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Kuki and Evan said:

I also called today and they told me the nvc sent my file back to USCIS. Hope everything will be fine for both of us :(

:( 

i called USCIS this morning and was transferred to Level 2 Customer Service I was told they do see the case as in transit and to check back in 2 weeks to see the reason why they have also sent an inquiry to NVC as to why it was returned. I’m so confused I thought USCIS requested it back. Ugh hopefully it’s just a simple fix for the both of us like what the previous post said... just a missed stamp.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, LaLaRI said:

:( 

i called USCIS this morning and was transferred to Level 2 Customer Service I was told they do see the case as in transit and to check back in 2 weeks to see the reason why they have also sent an inquiry to NVC as to why it was returned. I’m so confused I thought USCIS requested it back. Ugh hopefully it’s just a simple fix for the both of us like what the previous post said... just a missed stamp.. 

If they told you USCIS did not request it it's most probably a stamp or other minor error. As far as I've read on forums you have more reasons to be concerned if USCIS asked for the file back for revision. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So I was told by the nvc that it was returned because of an incorrect stamp. That was back on Jan 30, I called USCIS today and no update they said wait at least a month? And about 190 days of anything so they can check the case again. Will it really take 190 days? ☹️ I can’t do anything but just wait? If anyone can just give me some advice it’ll really help. Thanks! 😫😭

Timeline

Came back here hoping for a better answer 😛 we also called uscis and told that there was a stamp error, but we were told that the fix will take up to 6 weeks tops. Other people on forums said that this issue does, indeed, take between 3 and 6 weeks, so the 190 days is unlikely. Good luck, keep us updated!

On 2/14/2019 at 9:45 AM, LaLaRI said:

So I was told by the nvc that it was returned because of an incorrect stamp. That was back on Jan 30, I called USCIS today and no update they said wait at least a month? And about 190 days of anything so they can check the case again. Will it really take 190 days? ☹️ I can’t do anything but just wait? If anyone can just give me some advice it’ll really help. Thanks! 😫😭

You have your answer. It's snowing incorrect stamp. Minor issue and doesn't affect your approval.

When they receive the approved I-129f from USCIS, they check to ensure that it’s been stamped. NVC will occasionally receive a petition from USCIS and it does not have the appropriate approval stamp in the upper left-hand corner. They are also checking to make sure that the three criminal questions have been answered. He noted that there are times when the petitioner will forget to complete those questions and those questions are subsequently missed by the adjudicator.  In both of these instances the case will then be sent back to USCIS. If one of these things occur with a case file recently received from USCSI, NVC would know within the first week of receiving the case. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

You have your answer. It's snowing incorrect stamp. Minor issue and doesn't affect your approval.

When they receive the approved I-129f from USCIS, they check to ensure that it’s been stamped. NVC will occasionally receive a petition from USCIS and it does not have the appropriate approval stamp in the upper left-hand corner. They are also checking to make sure that the three criminal questions have been answered. He noted that there are times when the petitioner will forget to complete those questions and those questions are subsequently missed by the adjudicator.  In both of these instances the case will then be sent back to USCIS. If one of these things occur with a case file recently received from USCSI, NVC would know within the first week of receiving the case. 

Hhehe Thank you! Just have to be a bit more patient. I thought of all the angles that can happen to prepare myself, except this one. Thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kuki and Evan said:

Any news? 

Nothing yet I will be calling first thing tomorrow morning for an update.

recent timeline 

2/20 I called and was able to speak to a tier 2 

2/21 I received the email below 

On February 20, 2019, you contacted USCIS to request information related to your case. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue is being resolved.

According to our records, your Form I-129F petition has been returned to USCIS so an adjudicative error can be corrected. Once resolved, your file will be transferred to the U.S. Consulate in your beneficiary's resident country. Please be advised that this is deemed a minor setback and will not impact your petition's validity or the issuance of a K-1 entry visa.

i called again 2/26 and asked to be transferred to a tier 2 because they couldn’t tell me where my case was, once I got ahold of an office I was advised that it had already been assigned to someone 

I have been checking MyUSCIS website since then no update since the approval from January 7 😓 

hopefully tomorrow I get some news, I will be going to the Philippines in April I’m really hoping we are able to secure an appointment  between those dates. 

I already have an MNL# last time I spoke to NVC when they get the case back it’s the same MNL# I was even thinking IF we should secure one already JUST in case it gets send out to Philippines this month

Timeline
On 3/5/2019 at 2:20 PM, Kuki and Evan said:

Ok, thanks :) please keep me updated!

So I spoke to a tier 2 yesterday and was advised that a second notice has been issued, I guess it was in a queue to print since 3/4. I checked MYUSCIS this morning it shows the update! Hopefully it’ll be a smooth transit to USEM 😊 

Returned 1/30 to USCIS 

Sent back to NVC 3/5 

I’m guessing an update within 2-3 weeks since we already have the MNL number 

any update on yours?? 

72856B7C-524B-41A0-954B-F98ED52E9DD5.jpeg

Timeline
58 minutes ago, LaLaRI said:

So I spoke to a tier 2 yesterday and was advised that a second notice has been issued, I guess it was in a queue to print since 3/4. I checked MYUSCIS this morning it shows the update! Hopefully it’ll be a smooth transit to USEM 😊 

Returned 1/30 to USCIS 

Sent back to NVC 3/5 

I’m guessing an update within 2-3 weeks since we already have the MNL number 

any update on yours?? 

72856B7C-524B-41A0-954B-F98ED52E9DD5.jpeg

No, I have no update :( but then again myuscis never updated in the first place. I will ask my fiance to call today and ask. Glad it worked out for you :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kuki and Evan said:

No, I have no update :( but then again myuscis never updated in the first place. I will ask my fiance to call today and ask. Glad it worked out for you :)

Just have him get ahold of a tier 2 to check and see where your case is at, that’s how I was able to get an update since then. Best of luck to you guys! Almost there!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.