RobertDski

Citizenship Interview Waiting Times Portland, Or.

294 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, marthasofi said:

Hi!

I think it absolutely depends on the immigration officer. Mine was one that scrutinized a lot, but finally approved. I asked her about same day Oath Ceremony and she said that is only meant for "people who drive 4 or mores hours for the interview", I thought it was a terrible excuse, but I was thankful anyways. I read some other VJ experience in Portland office, his interview was 2 weeks ago. He lives in Portland and got same day Oath. How lucky! So, yes, it varies.  Good luck! 😃

Right on. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be that lucky. I have a 1.5 drive to Portland so unless they count the 4 hrs as a round trip with traffic 🤣 I expect there will be a separate ceremony.

7 hours ago, pdx751 said:

Question to @marthasofi and @Gordo2

Do you mind sharing when you filed your N400? It seems strange that other offices in cities larger and smaller are processing applications much faster than the Portland office. I filed my N400 based on the 5yr PR rule in early Nov 2020. Still waiting for an appointment....:( 

I filed in early September of last year. Hang in there, it sounds like your dates are coming up.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks @marthasofi and @Gordo2

I applied in early Nov 2020 and got my biometrics reuse in December.

Since then, the wait time estimation calculator has simply been all over the place and I think the site is also acting funky these days with changes in the way info was getting reported.

Fingers crossed, I get an appointment in June or July (assuming 8-9 month wait).....

On 4/15/2021 at 4:34 PM, Gordo2 said:

Right on. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be that lucky. I have a 1.5 drive to Portland so unless they count the 4 hrs as a round trip with traffic 🤣 I expect there will be a separate ceremony.

I'm a 5 hour round trip (with no traffic) from Portland and wasn't offered a same day ceremony. I guess they're thinking of people from eastern and southern Oregon.

All done with the interview! Honestly it felt like an informal conversation. The officer noted that I didn't seem nervous or that if I was nervous, it didn't show.

Now to wait for the oath ceremony to be scheduled.

17 hours ago, Gordo2 said:

All done with the interview! Honestly it felt like an informal conversation. The officer noted that I didn't seem nervous or that if I was nervous, it didn't show.

@Gordo2 Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your interview time? I was sent to Portland from Seattle and really hoping for a same day oath.

8 hours ago, LaLily said:

@Gordo2 Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your interview time? I was sent to Portland from Seattle and really hoping for a same day oath.

It was at 1pm. Wow from Seattle!? Hopefully it is a same day ceremony for you.

On 4/21/2021 at 6:47 PM, Gordo2 said:

congrat..is the cellphone allowed inside the building? i have my interview on may 24,2021 @7.30 am. from Seattle

Edited by jolyn69

On 4/23/2021 at 10:20 PM, jolyn69 said:

congrat..is the cellphone allowed inside the building? i have my interview on may 24,2021 @7.30 am. from Seattle

I believe so. They didn't take mine away. Good luck!

On 5/1/2021 at 11:15 AM, Gordo2 said:

I believe so. They didn't take mine away. Good luck!

thank you..i little bit nervous and excited..is  the  officer asking  any vocabulary words to define?

Edited by jolyn69

On 5/2/2021 at 7:03 PM, jolyn69 said:

thank you..i little bit nervous and excited..is  the  officer asking  any vocabulary words to define?

No worries, it can be a harrowing experience. The reading/writing part of the test was actually pretty simple. The officer had me read out a sentence on an iPad, I believe it was "California is the state with the most people" or something like that. The officer then had me write that same sentence on the tablet.

That was it as far as any vocabulary type testing.

Timeline

Estimated Completion Time seems to be down on USCIS site when I check my case status :( It's been this way for over two weeks now....

Anyone else seeing the same thing? Or has anyone received interview dates in the recent past?

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hi Portlanders

Checking again to see if anyone has received an interview date recently....I'm seeing no traction with my application (filed Nov;2020) and a lot of people in other cities who filed around the same time (or later) have already finished their interviews and swearing in ceremonies :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
5 minutes ago, pdx751 said:

Hi Portlanders

Checking again to see if anyone has received an interview date recently....I'm seeing no traction with my application (filed Nov;2020) and a lot of people in other cities who filed around the same time (or later) have already finished their interviews and swearing in ceremonies :( 

Hi,

I'm from Vancouver WA and your waiting time seems to be about right. I didn't even try to compare Portland to other cities because every location is different and this side is very slow!

I filed on Aug2020 and didn't get anything going until end of April 2021 so if you filed in November, you should see things going soon, it's only the 8th, I'm sure you will get a notification soon. Good luck.

Timeline
59 minutes ago, marthasofi said:

Hi,

I'm from Vancouver WA and your waiting time seems to be about right. I didn't even try to compare Portland to other cities because every location is different and this side is very slow!

I filed on Aug2020 and didn't get anything going until end of April 2021 so if you filed in November, you should see things going soon, it's only the 8th, I'm sure you will get a notification soon. Good luck.

Thank you @marthasofi...Yeah the estimate says 7 months but I know this is not really accurate since it has already been 8 months since I filed. 

I wish we could find out if the applications even made it to regional offices....

8 hours ago, pdx751 said:

Hi Portlanders

We have been waiting patiently as well. My husband’s application was filed November 2020 as well.  At least we have the distraction of my stepson being here for the summer to keep us busy.  Just wanted you to know you are not waiting alone. 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.