Sanctus1

I-751 Photocopying Documents (One Sided or Double Sided )

5 posts in this topic

Hi Guys !

Just want to create a new thread on photocopying documents that will accompany your I-751. My question is, should I make copies One Sided or Double Sided. Has anyone had issue with Double Sided. And what if some documents are One Sided and others Double Sided.

Another question is, should I make a copy of my foreign passport to include with other documents and also what of Social Security Card.

Thanks in anticipation for positive feedback .

24 minutes ago, Sanctus1 said:

Just want to create a new thread on photocopying documents that will accompany your I-751. My question is, should I make copies One Sided or Double Sided. Has anyone had issue with Double Sided. And what if some documents are One Sided and others Double Sided.

USCIS does not have any specific guideline regarding submitting documents printed 1-sided or double-sided.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips

This is how we assembled our I-751 package (based on common sense/ best practices guidelines from other VJ members here):

1. USCIS forms (I-751, G-1145) were printed 1-sided. I have heard that the Lockbox scans all the forms, so double-sided may be ok.

2. Most documents submitted as evidence (including bank and credit card statement) were printed 1-sided. My rationale here was to make things easier for the USCIS adjudicator, since they need to go through the transactions in your statements. Imagine having 2~3 inch thick file and having to go through double-sided documents.

3. A few insurance documents & utility bills were printed double-sided since all the relevant information was on the 1st page.

24 minutes ago, Sanctus1 said:

Another question is, should I make a copy of my foreign passport to include with other documents and also what of Social Security Card.

We did not include copies of foreign passport or SS card. These are not required.

We do need to include copies of front & back of the conditional 2yr green card.

AOS timeline:

12/21/2015: I-485 Received by USCIS

12/24/2015: I-485 NOA date

02/26/2016: Biometrics Appointment

04/04/2017: Interview @ Louisville Field Office

04/06/2017: I-485 Approved

04/12/2017: GC Received

ROC timeline:

01/06/2019: 90-day ROC filing window open

01/07/2019: Sent I-751 petition to USCIS Dallas Lockbox via USPS 2-day Priority Mail

01/09/2019: ROC package delivered by USPS to PO Box

01/14/2019: Received USCIS text message with receipt number starting with LIN-xxxxxxx

01/15/2019: Check cashed, Added receipt# to USCIS account (myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov), Current Status: "We received your case, You do not need to do anything at this time"

02/14/2019: Submitted e-request for non-delivery of receipt notice

3 minutes ago, H-M said:

We did not include copies of foreign passport or SS card. These are not required. 

Definitely do not send copies of your SS card, you don't want that floating around somewhere in the mail if it were to get lost (let's hope not but things happen!) As a person who has been through identity theft, trust me, you don't want that number to get into the wrong hands.

03639.png                  

🇷🇺  ♥  CR-1 via DCF in Moscow (2016-2017) 🇺🇸  Read about my DCF experience here and here.

Spoiler

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad 👩‍❤️‍👨
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Embassy
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

I-90 GC Replacment (for Erroneous GC)

22-Jul-2017: GC arrives in the mail – middle name is cut off 😕

01-Aug-2017: Sent in I-90 online via website

05-Aug-2017: Biometrics scheduled

23-Aug-2017: Biometrics done @ USCIS office; told to keep GC!

16-Jul-2018: RFE for original card!! 🤬

31-Jul-2018: USCIS Appointment at local field office..

22-Aug-2018: Mailed GC back to USCIS in response to RFE

29-Aug-2018: GC received by USCIS

17-Sept-2018: Received CORRECTED GC in the mail! Finally!! 😂

📑 I-751 Removal of Conditions (2019-???) 📝

Spoiler

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

??-???-2019: TBA...

Just a thought...

All of your documents are now scanned by USCIS.  This means, if you have double-sided documents, there is a good chance that the backs of some of your documents will NOT get through the scanner, since the person scanning has to turn every single document over.   Perhaps USCIS has fancy scanners that can flip a document over, but I'm betting not.

Make it easier on USCIS.  Send single-sided documents.  One of these days, we'll be able to send all of this stuff electronically, but until then, you have far less chance of USCIS "losing" a page if you do single-sided.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.