M and Ed

JANUARY / FEBRUARY 2019 ARGENTINA K1 INTERVIEWS

813 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fer&Nancy said:

Hola

Entrevista ok: K1 Approved! 🥳😁

Mi experiencia fue postiva y muy similar a las que he leido. En la entrevista buen trato, preguntas generales y muy rapido (3 minutos como mucho 😁)

La persona que te recibe los originales no me pidio todos sino algunos. Me pregunto x el form 1040 (los impuestos) que yo no tenia por que en realidad no se pide con en el I-134. Algunos lo presentan pero no es estrictamente requerido. Ella dijo que esta en las instrucciones (cosa q no es asi), en fin. Fuera de eso, bien.

Yo creo que en el momento si estas tranquilo contestando bien y sencillo sin demasiados detalles esta re-bien.

Saludos!

Fer

felicitaciones!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I posted this in the other thread but I copied and pasted here just in case you are not following it.

Hi everyone! I arrived yesterday to NYC after a crazy trip. I flew to Miami for my POE and there was a lot of people in costumes. I had to wait for 3 hours until it was my turn. Once I got to the officer booth he was nice and kind. Didn’t ask questions about us. Just about the flight, if I was happy and things like that. They took me to an office to process the envelope and that took 15 minutes and no interview. 

I almost lost my connection flight but I made it just in time (they were closing the gate when I arrive). And in addition to that my bags didn’t make it. 

My advice is if you can avoid Miami airport the better. Is really disorganized. After yesterday I read a lot of forums and lot of people went through the same. 

I’m not unhappy with how it went, I really don’t care right now because I’m with my fiancé finally but I would had preferred to be different and not be literally running through all the airport. 

I hope everything is fine for everyone. We will be requesting the marriage license this week and hopefully get married next week 😃

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/11/2019 at 3:36 PM, andreaam said:

I posted this in the other thread but I copied and pasted here just in case you are not following it.

Hi everyone! I arrived yesterday to NYC after a crazy trip. I flew to Miami for my POE and there was a lot of people in costumes. I had to wait for 3 hours until it was my turn. Once I got to the officer booth he was nice and kind. Didn’t ask questions about us. Just about the flight, if I was happy and things like that. They took me to an office to process the envelope and that took 15 minutes and no interview. 

I almost lost my connection flight but I made it just in time (they were closing the gate when I arrive). And in addition to that my bags didn’t make it. 

My advice is if you can avoid Miami airport the better. Is really disorganized. After yesterday I read a lot of forums and lot of people went through the same. 

I’m not unhappy with how it went, I really don’t care right now because I’m with my fiancé finally but I would had preferred to be different and not be literally running through all the airport. 

I hope everything is fine for everyone. We will be requesting the marriage license this week and hopefully get married next week 😃

Congrats, my fiance flies through Atlanta Friday.

Timeline

Hello friends! I'm late with an update here. But my fiance had his interview on Wednesday and it went well! He got the "congratulations, you're approved" line, of course with the caveats that if something comes up during processing they'd contact him.

Here were the questions he remembers getting asked during the interview:

* What is your beneficiary's name?

* How did you meet her?

* What were you doing in Europe when you met? (this was a follow up question -- we met randomly in a bar in Scotland)

* How long had you been together before the proposal?

* Has she visited Argentina?

* How long was your longest visit to the US?

* What are her parents' names?

* What does she do for a living?

* What are your wedding plans?

* What kind of phone does she have? (The officer asked this question while looking at my screencaps of our WhatsApp conversations)

* In which city does she live?

* What do you do for a living?

* What are the things you have in common with each other?

* Have you ever exchanged gifts? What were they?

The officer also said he couldn't find my fiance's police certificate in the packet (which is weird, because it was definitely there). Fortunately my fiance had another copy with him, so he just handed it over and that was fine.

My fiance said that the officer asked all of these questions while thumbing through the pages of the P3/129F packets. Basically, each question seemed to be based on whatever page was in front of him.

The interview was in Spanish and took about 10 minutes.

So we are very happy, of course! We just hope that the passport arrives in Cordoba soon. Our case is still listed as being in Administrative Processing in the CEAC tracker, though. I hope they mail the passport as soon as that status changes! @andreaam, I'm curious: did DHL notified you when your passport got put into the mail? And how long was it between that notification and you receiving the passport in Cordoba?

Timeline
3 hours ago, ReyOfJakku said:

Hello friends! I'm late with an update here. But my fiance had his interview on Wednesday and it went well! He got the "congratulations, you're approved" line, of course with the caveats that if something comes up during processing they'd contact him.

* How did you meet her?

* What were you doing in Europe when you met? (this was a follow up question -- we met randomly in a bar in Scotland)

* What kind of phone does she have? (The officer asked this question while looking at my screencaps of our WhatsApp conversations)

The officer also said he couldn't find my fiance's police certificate in the packet (which is weird, because it was definitely there). Fortunately my fiance had another copy with him, so he just handed it over and that was fine.

My fiance said that the officer asked all of these questions while thumbing through the pages of the P3/129F packets. Basically, each question seemed to be based on whatever page was in front of him.

So we are very happy, of course! We just hope that the passport arrives in Cordoba soon. Our case is still listed as being in Administrative Processing in the CEAC tracker, though. I hope they mail the passport as soon as that status changes! @andreaam, I'm curious: did DHL notified you when your passport got put into the mail? And how long was it between that notification and you receiving the passport in Cordoba?

Congrats guys! 

For me, it was under Administrative processing one day. I remember the interview was on a Thursday and on Friday I saw the ‘Issued’. I received the DHL tracker via e-mail on Monday and the passport was in the DHL office in Córdoba on Tuesday. So it only took 3 bussiness days. It was pretty fast but in other cases it can take up to 10 bussiness days if DHL is busy. 

An update from us, we got married yesterday! Planning to apply AOS next Monday/Tuesday 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, andreaam said:

Congrats guys! 

For me, it was under Administrative processing one day. I remember the interview was on a Thursday and on Friday I saw the ‘Issued’. I received the DHL tracker via e-mail on Monday and the passport was in the DHL office in Córdoba on Tuesday. So it only took 3 bussiness days. It was pretty fast but in other cases it can take up to 10 bussiness days if DHL is busy. 

An update from us, we got married yesterday! Planning to apply AOS next Monday/Tuesday 

Wooooooo congratulations!!!!!! Good luck with AOS and thanks for all of the information and organizing that you've provided on these forums. :)

Timeline
4 hours ago, ReyOfJakku said:

* How did you meet her?

Congrats on your approval! I think my fiancee met yours at the embassy since our interviews were on the same day,  I'm glad we both got through. For us, the AP lasted 2 days, our status changed to issued on Friday but I know AP typically lasts a week or two for most people.

Edited by ecstaticrobot

Timeline
1 minute ago, ecstaticrobot said:

Congrats on your approval! I think my fiancee met yours at the embassy since our interviews were on the same day,  I'm glad we both got through. For us, the AP lasted 2 days, our status changed to issued on Friday but I know AP typically lasts a week or two for most people.

Yes! Congrats to you as well! I'm guessing that since you got your status change on Friday, we'll get ours on Monday. My fiance thinks he was probably the last K-1 interview of the day on Wednesday.

Timeline
Just now, ReyOfJakku said:

Yes! Congrats to you as well! I'm guessing that since you got your status change on Friday, we'll get ours on Monday. My fiance thinks he was probably the last K-1 interview of the day on Wednesday.

Oh, I think my fiancee was one of the earlier ones. In that case maybe she met someone else. Her interview was around 1030A

Timeline
Just now, ecstaticrobot said:

Oh, I think my fiancee was one of the earlier ones. In that case maybe she met someone else. Her interview was around 1030A

No, his interview was also at 10:30! But I think he said he was the last one of the 10:30 group called into the room. 

Timeline

Ahh, finally, our CEAC status has switched to Issued! So I'm guessing the passport will arrive at the DHL office in Cordoba either tomorrow or Wednesday. My fiance will be flying to the US soon after, and we plan to get married at the courthouse on July 2nd. (We applied for the marriage license in advance.)

THANK YOU everyone in this long and useful thread. And GOOD LUCK to all!

Timeline

Everyone, my fiance is officially in the USA.

Her point of first entry was Atlanta, she almost missed her flight due to the immigration line but overall the process was painless and effortless, beyond the waiting. 

Her baggage got lost, but was on the next flight to the final destination, we currently together. Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, it helped us get through it, thank you thank you thank you!

Roberto

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I just wanna tell you guys that our NOA2 arrived last week! my finacee and me are super super excited and can't wait to be together... anyone knows whats next? just waiting for the NVC number? Do you know how long it takes to get that number?

Timeline
3 hours ago, cyndirocham said:

Hello everyone!

I just wanna tell you guys that our NOA2 arrived last week! my finacee and me are super super excited and can't wait to be together... anyone knows whats next? just waiting for the NVC number? Do you know how long it takes to get that number?

It can take between 2-6 weeks. You can call them but usually they will keep you waiting in the line for at least half an hour until they can give you information. While you wait gather the affidavit of support paperwork and looking for your birth certificate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.