M and Ed

JANUARY / FEBRUARY 2019 ARGENTINA K1 INTERVIEWS

813 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
11 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

So, we decided not to get the vaccinations with Dra. Grillo, but she gave us a paper for it.  She indicated he could choose to do them in USA without any issues of entry, and you guys have confirmed that in the forum.  But, can we do the vaccinations after the interview before the travel?  We thought that might be something we can still get done while we wait for the passport, etc.  Thoughts?

I think he can. Just make sure he get a record for them, usually the nurse that gives you the vaccine sign a paper for it. So once he is in the US, he can prove he has those shots. 

Timeline
23 hours ago, andreaam said:

You can email the embassy letting them know that you want to schedule the interview and there aren’t any available. Ask what you should do. It happened the same to me and I did what I just told you and they answered the next day saying they opened more. Let us know if you have any updates  

Totally worked!  There were two dates available this morning when I logged in.  One for the 5th of June and one for the 18/19 (can’t remember which) of June.  Thank you SO much for the tip.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Spraz said:

Totally worked!  There were two dates available this morning when I logged in.  One for the 5th of June and one for the 18/19 (can’t remember which) of June.  Thank you SO much for the tip.

Happy that worked! When did you schedule yours? Let us know your experience after it. 

Thanks for let us know the availability! This info will be helpful for the ones trying to schedule the interview soon. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Spraz said:

Thank you for letting us know! We're expecting our P3 email any day now. I can't wait to log in and see what dates are available.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Spraz said:

I hope it does't burn us,😥but we logged in and booked the 5th, 8:30 this morning.  My fiance and I where very stressed after the appointment yesterday, she came across 3 people at the doctors office and 2 of them said they booked there appointment for end of June after not hearing anything from the embassy at the beginning of the month. Since we had an account already created, for previous tourist visa application we just decided to browse and found the appointments and decided to book it since I am visiting her next week...and feared seeing July appointments.  I hope it turns out ok for us we have all our paperwork ready to go, including doctor. Fingers crossed. She plans on dropping off everything tomorrow. 

The other appointments open where for the 19th. 

Roberto

Timeline
On 5/14/2019 at 11:09 AM, ReyOfJakku said:

Ours too!! Woohoo!! I can't wait to get the P3 email (maybe end of next week, I hope?) and schedule the interview.

My fiance had his medical appointment with Dra. Grillo this morning, since he had to be in Buenos Aires anyway. Everything went well. He recently got all his vaccinations up to date, and Dra. Grillo accepted most of those. But the triple viral he had to get again, for reasons that are unclear. Maybe his paperwork for that one wasn't acceptable. Anyway, if anyone has concerns about your vaccinations, you can definitely get them re-done there at the appointment.

My fiance had to get the triple viral again with her as well and she was unclear about those as well, and had just gotten it from her doctor the week prior. 

Roberto

Timeline
1 hour ago, PirataCoqui said:

I hope it does't burn us,😥but we logged in and booked the 5th, 8:30 this morning.  My fiance and I where very stressed after the appointment yesterday, she came across 3 people at the doctors office and 2 of them said they booked there appointment for end of June after not hearing anything from the embassy at the beginning of the month. Since we had an account already created, for previous tourist visa application we just decided to browse and found the appointments and decided to book it since I am visiting her next week...and feared seeing July appointments.  I hope it turns out ok for us we have all our paperwork ready to go, including doctor. Fingers crossed. She plans on dropping off everything tomorrow. 

Roberto

1 hour ago, PirataCoqui said:

Roberto

My fiancé has the exact same date and time!  Muchos éxitos en la entrevista!

Timeline
2 hours ago, PirataCoqui said:

Roberto

I really hope scheduling the interview without the embassy authorization is not a problem for you guys. Let us know if they say something about it and how the proceed. 

I don’t want to be negative to you guys but there was a man in the interview with me that got the appointment on hold because he sent the P3 before the CEAC showed Ready. Every case is different. I’m not saying this is an example. 

Hopefully everything will turn out good for you guys! I really hope that! I know is hard to wait and to be patient after all but in this cases is better to play it safe. 

Keep us posted please! Good luck!

Timeline

Well... I guess I caused myself stress by telling her to do it. I will absorb the stress and hope it all works out and if it doesn't... I will bummed out., but wouldn't have anyone else to blame but myself.

We don't intend  to submit any of the paperwork until it says "Ready" so hopefully it sorts out. 

In regards to the person who got his interview placed on hold, what was the end result?  They arrived to the interview and where sent back?  They the embassy not have their documents when the appointment was due?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, PirataCoqui said:

Well... I guess I caused myself stress by telling her to do it. I will absorb the stress and hope it all works out and if it doesn't... I will bummed out., but wouldn't have anyone else to blame but myself.

We don't intend  to submit any of the paperwork until it says "Ready" so hopefully it sorts out. 

In regards to the person who got his interview placed on hold, what was the end result?  They arrived to the interview and where sent back?  They the embassy not have their documents when the appointment was due?

I know how stressful it can be. Trust me I’ve been there and the only thing that helped me was learning from this forum. 

I know is not your case about the ‘Ready’ I was giving an example. 

According to this guy, when he sent the P3 he scheduled the interview and a week before the interview the embassy emailed him saying they weren’t ready for his case because they have another ones prior him. He had to reschedule. He didn’t tell me how long after. The interview went well and he was approved. But he was delayed probably the same amount if he would wait until the embassy was ready. 

From my perspective, cases are being approved really fast right now, 3 months to get NOA2 when it took 5 to get mine. So I think the embassy is not probably answering emails fast enough because they are having more cases than they were used to. (This last past is just my own conclusion)

Timeline
2 hours ago, andreaam said:

I know how stressful it can be. Trust me I’ve been there and the only thing that helped me was learning from this forum. 

I know is not your case about the ‘Ready’ I was giving an example. 

According to this guy, when he sent the P3 he scheduled the interview and a week before the interview the embassy emailed him saying they weren’t ready for his case because they have another ones prior him. He had to reschedule. He didn’t tell me how long after. The interview went well and he was approved. But he was delayed probably the same amount if he would wait until the embassy was ready. 

From my perspective, cases are being approved really fast right now, 3 months to get NOA2 when it took 5 to get mine. So I think the embassy is not probably answering emails fast enough because they are having more cases than they were used to. (This last past is just my own conclusion)

I understand and I appreciate you sharing. I will definitely share our experience to others can learn and we went under the assumption that as long as we had the paperwork submitted, and we had received the P3 notice 5 business days before the appointment, all would be ok.. fingers crossed. 

I will share ether way how things go for us,  I fly to see her this Saturday, I wish we didn't have to say goodbye again...😂

Timeline
9 minutes ago, PirataCoqui said:

I understand and I appreciate you sharing. I will definitely share our experience to others can learn and we went under the assumption that as long as we had the paperwork submitted, and we had received the P3 notice 5 business days before the appointment, all would be ok.. fingers crossed. 

I will share ether way how things go for us,  I fly to see her this Saturday, I wish we didn't have to say goodbye again...😂

Let’s just hope for the best! We all learn from this experience so don’t worry. 

Enjoy your visit! You are getting closer.

I’ll be flying on June 10th to NYC so we can finally start out life together. No more goodbyes!

Edited by andreaam

Timeline
4 minutes ago, andreaam said:

Let’s just hope for the best! We all learn from this experience so don’t worry. 

Enjoy your visit! You are getting closer.

I’ll be flying on June 10th to NYC so we can finally start out life together. No more goodbyes!

Wish you the best, and many thanks for your help along the way!

Timeline
19 hours ago, PirataCoqui said:

Gosh, I hope it goes well for you! My fiance and I definitely considered doing this. But we decided that it felt wrong to check the box saying that we had received an invitation from the embassy to sign up for an interview date (since we haven't received the P3 yet). I'm getting so antsy. The embassy received our paperwork one week ago. I was really hoping we'd get the P3 email today. But no luck so far, and the status on CEAC is still "in transit." If we still don't have the email by tomorrow I'm going to have a very unhappy holiday weekend... :( 

Edited by ReyOfJakku

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.