Commish10

Interview Questions

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has he met your family and family related questions. 

This is an question that is bound to come up, but I am afraid that our "No" answer may be a problem.

Because of our age difference and her family values/attitude she has never told her family about us going on 2 years. When I go there she usually says its a work thing or going with friends.

She is 23, I am 55 (no judgement please).  Besides the age difference, will not meeting her family be a problem.  PS. she was raised by her grandparents and they are in their 80's

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

This is an question that is bound to come up, but I am afraid that our "No" answer may be a problem.

Because of our age difference and her family values/attitude she has never told her family about us going on 2 years. When I go there she usually says its a work thing or going with friends.

She is 23, I am 55 (no judgement please).  Besides the age difference, will not meeting her family be a problem.  PS. she was raised by her grandparents and they are in their 80's

Thanks

if you think 32 year age gap is going to raise any flags at the embassy .. boy are you in for a surprise!  :lol:     Record is 37 years!

Not having met the parents isn't a deal breaker either.   

Just an FYI  ... for CFO they may very well ask for a letter of consent from her parents.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

Thanks

My fiancee's interview is Thursday...  We have a bigger age gap than yours

YMMV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

My fiancee's interview is Thursday...  We have a bigger age gap than yours

Haha, man my fiancee wasn’t kidding when she said Her and I are out of the ordinary (we are both 25) I was like 🤨 what? 😆 

Timeline

Hank, that's going to be a problem. Her parents are MIA since birth. Her grandmother recently passed, and her Grandfather is very sick in late 80's. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Commish10 said:

Hank, that's going to be a problem. Her parents are MIA since birth. Her grandmother recently passed, and her Grandfather is very sick in late 80's. 

If CFO asks she will just have to explain her situation ..  not much she can do in that situation.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, EliAnon said:

Haha, man my fiancee wasn’t kidding when she said Her and I are out of the ordinary (we are both 25) I was like 🤨 what? 😆 

Same here as well. What's funny is my wife is older(38) than me(35). We are the closest in age of almost all the pinays we know.

4 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Same here as well. What's funny is my wife is older(38) than me(35). We are the closest in age of almost all the pinays we know.

Damn i cant beat this age gap😂😂me 26 and husband 33..i was so proud that its not a huge gap and that i thought i made a big difference but i was wrong 😂😂

9 hours ago, icanbenobody said:

Damn i cant beat this age gap😂😂me 26 and husband 33..i was so proud that its not a huge gap and that i thought i made a big difference but i was wrong 😂😂

Yeah I know but it's ok. I like to joke with my wife saying that she is a Lola na and then I usually get hit lol. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, juggy_11 said:

55, 23, haven't met any relatives.

Boy that's a lot of huge red flags. 

Good luck getting past CFO, my friend.

Yes CFO may cause issues being this is his 3rd or 4th time.   That is true.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:01 PM, Commish10 said:

Thanks

I'm 60 and my fiancé is 34 so I'm taking the CR1 route this time. I actually went thru a successful K1 with a 25 year gap but I met her parents thru the process. My advice would be to get as much proof of continued contact as possible. Remember they are looking for a genuine relationship. I guess I don't understand about her parent's attitude. I know every family is different but Filipino families seem very tolerant of age differences as long the couple is happy. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.