Cirub

Divorcde decree for visa K-1

24 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

My fiance and i are getting ready all to fill and send the i-129F. We have a lot questions but right now i will be focus in the divorce paperworks. 

What we need send a copy of the Divorce Certificate, that is the one my fiance will get at the courts? Or it is necesary send a Dirvorce decree? The last one it is around 32 pages. Are they going to read all that? If they only want to know if he can legally get married, with a certificate is fine? We don't care send the 32 pages, just we think it is too much. 

Also in those 32 pages say this: "Every part must be dating 6 months to introduces to the children". They got divorce December 19th, we were dating for 13 months until now. That will impact something? I mean, the USCIS will think that rule star once divorce is done? Because they only talk about date. It is just to be safe with the kids. Also the kids know me, and we have a great relation but they don't know i am daddy's girlfriends. They know me because i was in USA for 11 months, i was their Au Pair. The councelor recomend us don't tell nothing to the kids or get me super involved with me until it is 100% sure i am going to be with them. 

Thanks

5 hours ago, CinBr said:

They didn't go thru courts, they get a divorce agreement thru a mediation.

You will need to submit the divorce decree all 32 pages.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

17 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

You will need to submit the divorce decree all 32 pages.

Thanks. I was researching better in this forum and i found information about that. I see you are from Texas, i read sometimes the divorce need to be sign for a juzge and with stamp. My fiance will go to the courts to get that. I hope they can give us 3 to be safe. I saw that a lot RFE are cause for the Divorce Certificate.I want to avoid any RFE that makes us wait more. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, CinBr said:

Thanks. I was researching better in this forum and i found information about that. I see you are from Texas, i read sometimes the divorce need to be sign for a juzge and with stamp. My fiance will go to the courts to get that. I hope they can give us 3 to be safe. I saw that a lot RFE are cause for the Divorce Certificate.I want to avoid any RFE that makes us wait more. 

You also must be aware that Texas has a 60 day "cooling off" period before the final decree will be issued by the court 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

You also must be aware that Texas has a 60 day "cooling off" period before the final decree will be issued by the court 

What that means? I know he went to the courts to apply for his divorce, he has to wait 2 months (60 days) to continue with the process. He ask for the divorce in July but the divorce was slow. He got the divorce in December 19. It is official already. However he needs the sign and stamp from the courts. He has all digital for now. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, CinBr said:

What that means? I know he went to the courts to apply for his divorce, he has to wait 2 months (60 days) to continue with the process. He ask for the divorce in July but the divorce was slow. He got the divorce in December 19. It is official already. However he needs the sign and stamp from the courts. He has all digital for now. 

As long as he has already waited his 60 days then all should be fine 

YMMV

30 minutes ago, CinBr said:

Yes he can get as many copies as he needs, there is a nominal charge and the certified  copy you'll pay a bit more for.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

20 hours ago, CinBr said:

My fiance and i are getting ready all to fill and send the i-129F.

Have you considered marrying in Spain? And if the marriage process in Spain is too bureaucratic then a marriage in either Copenhagen, Denmark or Reykjavík, Iceland is also an option:

@missileman already outlined the pros of the CR-1 visa in your other thread:

And marriage in Canada (i.e. Niagra Falls, Ontario wedding chappels: https://www.google.com/search?q=niagara+falls+ontario+wedding+chapels) is also an option.

DO NOT SUBMIT THE PETITION UNTIL THE DIVORCE IS OFFICIAL!  There have been people here who believed they will get a little head start on the process since it takes so long.  If the divorce date was December 19 do not even submit the petition until after February 17.  Don't risk the denial.  

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 minutes ago, accumbyte said:

Re-read the thread. OP's divorce is already official.

No it hasn't been signed by a judge yet.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

2 minutes ago, accumbyte said:

Re-read the thread. OP's divorce is already official.

Re read the thread. It was granted on December 19. In Texas it is not final until 60 days after it is granted. This is in case they change their mind. It was granted in December so it is not final until February. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, CinBr said:

Yes, it's ready. But I need to mail him the marry intent letter signed for me. So that will take 3 weeks. So until end of February we won't apply. 

Perfect!  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.