Gar & Ella

Social Security Question for VISA Interview

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello,

First I would like to say hi and Thank You to everyone here. For the last year my Fiance and I have been using this site to help guide on our journey though the K1 process. Now we have our interview on 1/22. I think I made a mistake and we still have time to correct it.

Ella my fiance does not have a printer, so she goes copy center to print out papers. We have everything ready for the interview Tuesday but now I think I messed up.

I am pretty good with pdf documents so I deleted the the first 5 numbers of my social security number for what i think are obvious security reasons. I deleted the numbers from the Approved I-129f, I-134 and my W2's only leaving the last 4 numbers. This is common in the U.S. but I don't know if we could be denied because of this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We can still fix this, Ella leaves tonight for Kiev and she can go to a copy center tomorrow in Kiev.

Thank You.

Timeline

your worries are understandable, but isn't it better to just get a printer from a friend or other source to print these documents? there is no rule that your SS# has to be visible, but yes, you can fill in the left out info also

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline

@Gar & Ella I was in Kiev for my wife's interview, it's best if you get your package ready, before you go to Kiev. Don't wait last minute to do this and double, triple check every document now. The hotel might have a printer yes and you can print it there, just it's best to have the paperwork ready. It's not a difficult interview and they do it in English, Ukrainian or Russian. If the interview is likely to be at 8:30am or early....be there 30 to 35 minutes ahead of the scheduled interview.  Many other people , who usually go for other purposes (ie. B1/B2 visa) get in line and it gets crowded. No cellphone allowed in the embassy or place to leave them at the gate, except for a fee in a truck parked outside that does pictures and prints i think also.  hope this helps, good luck

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline

@Alabamak1

Thank you for the advice. Interview is Tuesday at 8am, she is getting on the train now for Kiev and staying at the hotel to get some rest on Monday. It's only 3 papers she needs, she is going to rest and check all papers again for the 100th time.

I think her and I a have some of our sanity though this. I don't think I have ever second guessed myself so much. (Is this right,,,wait,,,is that right,,,hold on I don't understand this,,,is this right?)......lol

But really thank for the info about the phone. We knew phones are not allowed and I just found the truck you mention on google maps street view.

Thank You.

Edited by Gar & Ella

Timeline

i would have suggested a great place near the embassy. we found it on Airbnb, but you got that covered. Another suggestion: fly UIA, it's a direct flight. Kiev---NY, only one way ticket needed. 

Timeline

We found a hotel we like near Medicom (Medical Exam) about a 15-20 minute taxi ride to the embassy. Again Thank you, a little over a year ago we got a apartment in Lviv (love this city). I always fly from Newark/Warsaw/Lviv. I will have to check one way from Kiev. Thats the next thing I worry about, will there be a problem with flight transfer if I go Lviv/Warsaw/Newark.

Edited by Gar & Ella

Timeline
17 hours ago, Gar & Ella said:

We found a hotel we like near Medicom (Medical Exam) about a 15-20 minute taxi ride to the embassy. Again Thank you, a little over a year ago we got a apartment in Lviv (love this city). I always fly from Newark/Warsaw/Lviv. I will have to check one way from Kiev. Thats the next thing I worry about, will there be a problem with flight transfer if I go Lviv/Warsaw/Newark.

No there shouldn't be a problem, unless your fiance has a lot to carry with her and/or the airport is huge. I recommend to take Turkish airlines or UIA if going to the east coast. The flights are cheap and comfortable. When  she does POE is best to carry the medical envelope to give the immigration officer in one hand. They will know she is a new immigrant and will take her aside to the " tripod area " and she will sit and will be called as soon as they are ready to check her visa.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
18 hours ago, Alabamak1 said:

i would have suggested a great place near the embassy. we found it on Airbnb, but you got that covered. Another suggestion: fly UIA, it's a direct flight. Kiev---NY, only one way ticket needed. 

UIA got much worse last year. If anything else is available, forget it. I am looking at Turkish for many reasons (LOT is also possible). Overall 1 is Turkish, 2 is LOT and UIA only if nothing else flies

Edited by HP+IC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
47 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

UIA got much worse last year. If anything else is available, forget it. I am looking at Turkish for many reasons (LOT is also possible). Overall 1 is Turkish, 2 is LOT and UIA only if nothing else flies

I used Turkish to fly... Airbus A340 is not a tall guy friendly 😕 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
49 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

Second this.
UIA is bearable only for a short distance. 
But "to cross the ocean" - NO. Prices are high or the same as Lufthansa, but services  - nothing to compare.

Timeline

@Alabamak1

Well I should know soon if she was approved, then I will book the flights. I will be heading over there so we can close out some business and spend some time with her family, not sure how long it will be until we can go back.

I typically fly LOT or Lufthansa, I will probably do the layover in Poland again. I done it so many times the past couples years I can almost do it blindfolded now.

@Shiran

LOT over the pond is typically a 787 Dreamliner. Almost 2 dozen flights with LOT, I really can't complain. One time a had a flight cancelled (ridiculous story) and I had to spend a night in Warsaw.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.