mamaof3!

Send my file back from NVC to USCIS

40 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, mamaof3! said:

Feb 2017

The PD for f2a for February 2019 is December 2016 for issuance of the visa.  December 2017 and prior is the date for assemble and submit the required documents but it will remain at nvc  until tbe PD for issuance is reached.  so you can speed it up by a couple months by changing to spouse of citizen

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
15 minutes ago, payxibka said:

When did you file the original i130

We filed Feb 2017, How do we let them know my citizenship statua? They already approved the case and our options are to fill IV and pay fees before interview.

KLOVE got me thru...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mamaof3! said:

We filed Feb 2017, How do we let them know my citizenship statua? They already approved the case and our options are to fill IV and pay fees before interview.

You need to send an inquiry to NVC, eventually you will need to provide a copy of your certificate 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, mamaof3! said:

Contact NVC and tell them you want to upgrade and they will tell you how to send in your naturalization.

So you paid all fees have you also uploaded all documents and you are just waiting for case complete?

Since husband is on VWP make sure he doesn't stay 1 minute past return date. Hopefully this will all play out and he can return for his medical and interview and come back to US for good. Stay the course.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
13 minutes ago, payxibka said:

The PD for f2a for February 2019 is December 2016 for issuance of the visa.  December 2017 and prior is the date for assemble and submit the required documents but it will remain at nvc  until tbe PD for issuance is reached.  so you can speed it up by a couple months by changing to spouse of citizen

So what you are saying is even if we pay filled the forms for NVC, he wont get a visa immediately? We still have to wait because I applied as a Greencard holder? I though once the i-130 is approved, a visa becomes available.. Wow, this is refreshing.. had no idea we still need another visa availability stage. hmm.

KLOVE got me thru...

Timeline
Just now, mamaof3! said:

So what you are saying is even if we pay filled the forms for NVC, he wont get a visa immediately? We still have to wait because I applied as a Greencard holder? I though once the i-130 is approved, a visa becomes available.. Wow, this is refreshing.. had no idea we still need another visa availability stage. hmm.

Google asknvc and ask them how to upgrade the petition 

YMMV

Timeline
6 minutes ago, mamaof3! said:

ok, thanks! will do that.

If you filed a petition for your spouse and/or children when you were a lawful permanent resident (LPR) and you are now a U.S. citizen, the type of immigrant visa that your family members can receive will change. When you become a U.S. citizen, you must submit proof of citizenship to the National Visa Center (NVC) so they can update your family member’s visa category. Scan and save one of the below items as a PDF or JPG file. Then send it as an e-mail attachment to AskNVC@state.gov. Write your case number in the subject line of your e-mail and attach either:

A copy of the biodata page of your U.S. passport; or

A copy of your certificate of naturalization.

Effect on spouses and minor children: If you filed a petition for your spouse or minor children (under age 21 and unmarried) while you were an LPR, the visa category was family second preference (F2A). When you become a U.S. citizen, NVC will upgrade the petition to an immediate relative (IR) visa category. This benefits your immigrating family member(s) because there are no limits on the number of visas that can be issued each year in the IR categories.

Important: If the family second preference (F2A) petition that you filed for your spouse included your minor children, now that you are a U.S. citizen you must file new and separate petitions for each child. This is because children cannot be included as “derivative applicants” on a parent’s immediate relative (IR) visa or petition. (This is different from the family second preference petition, which allows minor children to be included in their parent's petition.)

Children born abroad after you became a U.S. citizen may qualify for U.S. citizenship. They should apply for U.S. passports. The consular officer will determine whether your child is a U.S. citizen and can have a passport. If the consular officer determines your child is not a U.S. citizen, the child must apply for an immigrant visa if he/she wants to live in the United States.

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If you filed a petition for your spouse and/or children when you were a lawful permanent resident (LPR) and you are now a U.S. citizen, the type of immigrant visa that your family members can receive will change. When you become a U.S. citizen, you must submit proof of citizenship to the National Visa Center (NVC) so they can update your family member’s visa category. Scan and save one of the below items as a PDF or JPG file. Then send it as an e-mail attachment to AskNVC@state.gov. Write your case number in the subject line of your e-mail and attach either:

A copy of the biodata page of your U.S. passport; or

A copy of your certificate of naturalization.

Effect on spouses and minor children: If you filed a petition for your spouse or minor children (under age 21 and unmarried) while you were an LPR, the visa category was family second preference (F2A). When you become a U.S. citizen, NVC will upgrade the petition to an immediate relative (IR) visa category. This benefits your immigrating family member(s) because there are no limits on the number of visas that can be issued each year in the IR categories.

Important: If the family second preference (F2A) petition that you filed for your spouse included your minor children, now that you are a U.S. citizen you must file new and separate petitions for each child. This is because children cannot be included as “derivative applicants” on a parent’s immediate relative (IR) visa or petition. (This is different from the family second preference petition, which allows minor children to be included in their parent's petition.)

Children born abroad after you became a U.S. citizen may qualify for U.S. citizenship. They should apply for U.S. passports. The consular officer will determine whether your child is a U.S. citizen and can have a passport. If the consular officer determines your child is not a U.S. citizen, the child must apply for an immigrant visa if he/she wants to live in the United States.

Thank you for your help, I have a better understanding now.

KLOVE got me thru...

Timeline

2 hours ago, mamaof3! said:

Long story short, Petitioner (Greencard holder) applied for UK spouse, filled i-130, approved Dec2018, NVC has the case. Paid the IV and aos fee but have not filled out the forms yet.

Was approved for Citizenship, Now US citizen today no more Greencard status. My sweet husband surprises us all the time, he arrived this week on WVP (visa wiaver from UK).

My question is can we stop the NVC process now and do it here instead? we have been married 6yrs, 5 kids and have all proof USCIS need.

1 hour ago, mamaof3! said:

I don't understand. The I-130 petition was filed February 2017. As the spouse of an LPR, his visa category is F2A. Per the January Visa Bulletin (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2019/visa-bulletin-for-january-2019.html) They are processing F2A applications filed before December 2017. His priority date is already current and he can apply for his visa now.

If you contact NVC and upgrade the petition, that will change his visa category to IR-1. The basic difference is that visas are immediately available for that category, which is essentially like saying the priority date is always current. This means there will be no effective change in his situation if you upgrade the petition because he can already apply for the visa.

He is in the US currently on VWP with an approved I-130 and current priority date. Why stay to adjust status, pay the $1225, wait 6-8 months for EAD/AP before being able to travel and work? He can go back and apply for the visa now, interview at the embassy, then enter the US with the visa and immediately receive green card.

Edited by mnk

AOS from J-1
2/26/2018    I-130 / I-485 / I-765 / I-131 packet sent
3/12/2018    NOA1

4/02/2018    Biometrics
7/17/2018    EAD & AP approved
9/20/2018    Interview - Approved!

9/28/2018    Green card in hand

ROC
6/26/2020    I-751 packet sent

6/29/2020    Case received
7/03/2020    WAC case number

7/29/2020    Submitted SR for non-delivery of notice

8/04/2020    NOA1 notice date

8/13/2020    Received NOA1

1/06/2021    Case transferred to NBC

1/21/2021    Fingerprints applied - no bio appt

6/23/2021    Approved! - New card ordered

Naturalization
9/04/2022    N-400 submitted online

9/04/2022    NOA1 + Biometrics reused

11/8/2022    Interview scheduled

Timeline
48 minutes ago, mnk said:

I don't understand. The I-130 petition was filed February 2017. As the spouse of an LPR, his visa category is F2A. Per the January Visa Bulletin (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2019/visa-bulletin-for-january-2019.html) They are processing F2A applications filed before December 2017. His priority date is already current and he can apply for his visa now.

If you contact NVC and upgrade the petition, that will change his visa category to IR-1. The basic difference is that visas are immediately available for that category, which is essentially like saying the priority date is always current. This means there will be no effective change in his situation if you upgrade the petition because he can already apply for the visa.

He is in the US currently on VWP with an approved I-130 and current priority date. Why stay to adjust status, pay the $1225, wait 6-8 months for EAD/AP before being able to travel and work? He can go back and apply for the visa now, interview at the embassy, then enter the US with the visa and immediately receive green card.

Ok, you are saying the visa is available now, so he doesn't have to wait. better done from the UK then to avoid these fees and time. thanks

44 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Are your children living with you in the USA or abroad? 

Only my spouse is abroad, our kids are citizens

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, his PD is current, so complete the rest of the NVC forms, send documents, pay fees, then NVC will send his file to the London Embassy and send information to schedule the medical and interview in the UK.  He goes back to the UK before his VWP approved stay ends and waits there to do the medical and interview (should be in the next few weeks, maybe two or three months at the most), then he enters the US on the IR1 and can work immediately (as soon as he gets his SSN).

Timeline
4 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Yes, his PD is current, so complete the rest of the NVC forms, send documents, pay fees, then NVC will send his file to the London Embassy and send information to schedule the medical and interview in the UK.  He goes back to the UK before his VWP approved stay ends and waits there to do the medical and interview (should be in the next few weeks, maybe two or three months at the most), then he enters the US on the IR1 and can work immediately (as soon as he gets his SSN).

ok, thanks!

KLOVE got me thru...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.