NSJT

Ontario Birth Certificate

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I know there are multiple threads out there about the long form version of the Ontario birth certificate but I was wondering which "long form" I would have to use for the interview. On the Service Ontario website it says there are two types of "longform" certificates. Would I have to use the birth certificate with parental information OR certified copy of birth registration? I'm getting many different answers from different threads. 

Thanks!!!

Edited by NSJT

The one I ordered was the certified copy of birth registration.  Didn’t have a problem getting a marriage license or with USCIS. 

It literally had everything hand filled in by my mother (so a total mess, and lots of cross outs haha).  It does NOT look legitimate at all (in comparison to my husband’s birth certificate from NY). 

I haven't had my interview yet but I would imagine whatever was accepted by NVC on the CEAC Web portal should be exactly what you need to bring.

My 'short form' birth certificate was originally uploaded to the site and was rejected by NVC then accepted when the long vervison was uploaded (the one my dad filled out). So preparing for my interview I am compiling the originals to the documents I uploaded on the CEAC portal.

On 1/13/2019 at 5:26 PM, NSJT said:

Hello everyone,

I know there are multiple threads out there about the long form version of the Ontario birth certificate but I was wondering which "long form" I would have to use for the interview. On the Service Ontario website it says there are two types of "longform" certificates. Would I have to use the birth certificate with parental information OR certified copy of birth registration? I'm getting many different answers from different threads. 

Thanks!!!

I initially got the one with just parental information, and then I asked at Service Ontario when I was renewing my health card, and the guy there said it was the birth registration I'd need.  I've seen people reference both on visa journey and I don't know which is correct.  I now have both versions and will bring both to my interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.