jms

(221g) passport stamped refused

19 posts in this topic

Timeline

My fiance had his inter view 5/21 and his medical results are not available until 5/23. He was of course given a 221g and told to return any Friday after 2 Fridays have passed. My main concern is that they did not tell him if he is approved other than needing the medical and they stamped his passport refused. They kept aff of support, some e-mails, etc. and told him to return with everything he had come with on that day when he comes back. Any other similar experiences? Thanks

My fiance had his inter view 5/21 and his medical results are not available until 5/23. He was of course given a 221g and told to return any Friday after 2 Fridays have passed. My main concern is that they did not tell him if he is approved other than needing the medical and they stamped his passport refused. They kept aff of support, some e-mails, etc. and told him to return with everything he had come with on that day when he comes back. Any other similar experiences? Thanks

They stamped it refused? This seems weird. I would think they'd hold it until he came back with the needed stuff. Or if they gave it back to him, that at least they wouldn't stamp refused in it?

12140.gif

Timeline

They stamped it refused? This seems weird. I would think they'd hold it until he came back with the needed stuff. Or if they gave it back to him, that at least they wouldn't stamp refused in it?

Thankfully I misunderstood. They did not stamp his passport. They just gave it back and gave him the (221g) stating refused and needed to bring the medical results. He was also told to bring everything he brought the day of the interview, and the aff of support and financial stuff, some emails were kept, and a couple other items. But, most proof was not requested and we had lots. He thinks they may continue the interview when he returns?? No indication made of approval pending the medical. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

After an interview the consulate is required to do 1 of 2 things. Approve the visa or deny the visa. Since they didn't have the medical results there then they have no option but deny. Keep in mind, this is a temporary denial, and once the medical is received they will complete processing, and more than likely approve the visa.

Good luck.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline
After an interview the consulate is required to do 1 of 2 things. Approve the visa or deny the visa. Since they didn't have the medical results there then they have no option but deny. Keep in mind, this is a temporary denial, and once the medical is received they will complete processing, and more than likely approve the visa.

Good luck.

Oh, I so much hope you are right. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks to all for the encouragement!!! He went back today and gave them the medical report and they did not ask him anything more. They ust told him to return next Thursday to collect his viisa!! We are very excited!! Good luck to everyone and God bless you all!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations. Glad I could give you words of encouragement. On my husband's second interview they gave him the 221g and refusal as well, but by then I was well versed in the different types of refusals.

I only wish the consulates wouldn't be so vague. They have no idea how much living in the dark affects us mentally.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Thanks to all for the encouragement!!! He went back today and gave them the medical report and they did not ask him anything more. They ust told him to return next Thursday to collect his viisa!! We are very excited!! Good luck to everyone and God bless you all!!

Congratulations!!!

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Congratulations!!!

We were a bit too hasty. we should know by now that with that embassy anything is possible. He went to pick up his visa today and they stamped it cancelled, gave him his passport and a letter stating they did not have sufficient documentation. nothing was asked for. They just said the case requires further processing which may take up to 6 months and that when done, he will be contacted for a re-interview. I am devastated. They did tell him that it was because his 2002 app for a visitor visa says he has 2 kids. (he has no kids) His cousin scanned everything to me and I have not yet talked to him. He was so upset he ended up in the hospital. His cousin said that his sister (who he lived with in 2002) filled the forms for him and she thought he would be more likely to be issued a visitor visa if he had kids (ties). Well, this is causing much stress now and I do not know what to do or if there is anything we can do. They should have known this last Fri before they told him he got the visa and to pick it up Thurs. This is just too cruel to do at the last minute after we have made plans and informed all the friends and family. I am also very worried about him as he took it so hard. Anyone know of anything I can or should do? Anyone know what they (consular) is doing? Thanks

I'm so sorry to hear about this, and your fiance's reaction as well. It DOES seem awfully cruel (how they timed it all anyway).

I think you'd be best suited to get advice and next steps from a qualified immigration attorney. People on sites like this are very well meaning and helpful, but can't possibly know what makes the most sense legally for your particular situation.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
We were a bit too hasty. we should know by now that with that embassy anything is possible. He went to pick up his visa today and they stamped it cancelled, gave him his passport and a letter stating they did not have sufficient documentation. nothing was asked for. They just said the case requires further processing which may take up to 6 months and that when done, he will be contacted for a re-interview.

Hello and tell me if his letter states Administrative Processing or says 221g? This sounds like a case of Administrative Processing and the timeline is about the exact timeframe from the date of the interview until they are ready to proceed unless he has a name hit that has to be overcome. If they stamped the visa in his passport too soon, then found out it needed AP that would explain why they stamped it cancelled and returned his passport so they are not holding it for too long of a time period.

I am devastated. They did tell him that it was because his 2002 app for a visitor visa says he has 2 kids. (he has no kids) His cousin scanned everything to me and I have not yet talked to him. He was so upset he ended up in the hospital. His cousin said that his sister (who he lived with in 2002) filled the forms for him and she thought he would be more likely to be issued a visitor visa if he had kids (ties).

This right here could also be the reason for the denial since the embassy/consulate looks at someone giving false information and that would be grounds for a denial too.

Well, this is causing much stress now and I do not know what to do or if there is anything we can do. They should have known this last Fri before they told him he got the visa and to pick it up Thurs. This is just too cruel to do at the last minute after we have made plans and informed all the friends and family. I am also very worried about him as he took it so hard. Anyone know of anything I can or should do? Anyone know what they (consular) is doing? Thanks

AP for the consulate is to rule out fraud and that means he could have an investigator come to his home, school, business, friends or relatives and do a background check on his character. Being what you said I highligted in bold black could be why he is in AP and there is not much he can do to retract this since it will show he LIED on his application and coming from a high fraud country it will be a hard, long, and uphill battle. There is not much I can say but they could of done a field investigation and found out he gave out false information and that is why the case was placed in AP.

Sorry to read of your problem and maybe you can find a lawyer for a consulation and see if he/she may be of assistance to you. I am not a lawyer just a lay person. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear this..this is definately cruel, at last minute..thats why u have to be careful with paper work..they leave a trail..I hope everything works out soon..good luck

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
We were a bit too hasty. we should know by now that with that embassy anything is possible. He went to pick up his visa today and they stamped it cancelled, gave him his passport and a letter stating they did not have sufficient documentation. nothing was asked for. They just said the case requires further processing which may take up to 6 months and that when done, he will be contacted for a re-interview.

Hello and tell me if his letter states Administrative Processing or says 221g? This sounds like a case of Administrative Processing and the timeline is about the exact timeframe from the date of the interview until they are ready to proceed unless he has a name hit that has to be overcome. If they stamped the visa in his passport too soon, then found out it needed AP that would explain why they stamped it cancelled and returned his passport so they are not holding it for too long of a time period.

I am devastated. They did tell him that it was because his 2002 app for a visitor visa says he has 2 kids. (he has no kids) His cousin scanned everything to me and I have not yet talked to him. He was so upset he ended up in the hospital. His cousin said that his sister (who he lived with in 2002) filled the forms for him and she thought he would be more likely to be issued a visitor visa if he had kids (ties).

This right here could also be the reason for the denial since the embassy/consulate looks at someone giving false information and that would be grounds for a denial too.

Well, this is causing much stress now and I do not know what to do or if there is anything we can do. They should have known this last Fri before they told him he got the visa and to pick it up Thurs. This is just too cruel to do at the last minute after we have made plans and informed all the friends and family. I am also very worried about him as he took it so hard. Anyone know of anything I can or should do? Anyone know what they (consular) is doing? Thanks

AP for the consulate is to rule out fraud and that means he could have an investigator come to his home, school, business, friends or relatives and do a background check on his character. Being what you said I highligted in bold black could be why he is in AP and there is not much he can do to retract this since it will show he LIED on his application and coming from a high fraud country it will be a hard, long, and uphill battle. There is not much I can say but they could of done a field investigation and found out he gave out false information and that is why the case was placed in AP.

Sorry to read of your problem and maybe you can find a lawyer for a consulation and see if he/she may be of assistance to you. I am not a lawyer just a lay person. Good luck.

Mary

It says that it is unable to issue a visa to him bacause he has been found ineligible under section 221g of the law, which ndicates he has not provided sufficient documentation (just a form statement I believe) Below it says that he may return at 7 am on the day he is invited after the AP is complete. Then it says below that: his case requires further administrative processing which may average up to 6 months. He can e-mail to request an upadate on the status of his case and when the process is complete, he will be contacted by phone or e-mail and then reinvited for an interview, It says that letter will allow him to enter the consulate on the day he is reinvited.................And that's it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Your case is very complicated. The only thing I can add is that lying on any visa application is misrepresentation and normally requires a waiver. The waiver requires proof of extreme hardship with evidence from the USC.

It's hard to tell if that's what they are ultimately going to require. I would consult with a qualified immigration attorney.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligib...ities_1364.html

Classes of Aliens Ineligible to Receive Visas

C) Misrepresentation.-

(i) In general.-Any alien who, by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact, seeks to procure (or has sought to procure or has procured) a visa, other documentation, or admission into the United States or other benefit provided under this Act is inadmissible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.