Ban Hammer

Gun-grabbing Chicago Democrat arrested on corruption charges; feds find 23 guns in his offices

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

When the FBI raided the offices of Democratic Chicago Alderman Ed Burke, a strong proponent of gun control, they confiscated nearly two dozen guns.

Here's what we know

Burke is facing federal corruption charges and recently was subject to FBI raids of both his ward office and his office in Chicago's City Hall. He is charged with attempted extortion. Burke allegedly attempted to withhold permits from a company unless they agreed to retain his property tax law firm, Klafter & Burke. Burke has insisted that he is innocent. He was released on a $10,000 unsecured bond, the Chicago Tribune reported.

During the sting of one of his offices, federal agents confiscated 23 firearms. It is unclear which office the guns were stored in which office at the time of the raid, but Chicago's WMMB-TV reported that at least some of the guns were on display at one point in City Hall.

Burke had been such a strong advocate for gun control that he had voted to outlaw cell phone cases shaped like guns.

more at https://www.theblaze.com/news/anti-gun-chicago-alderman-had-23-guns-in-his-office?fbclid=IwAR1TKhCi9Lq7UyUuJFlwze45EIdoOBYuGk7WXqWXJ7ZJKFRvY4XlhEagwSI

hypocrisy, table for 1.........

Edited by Ban Hammer

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

A Democrat that is also a hypocrite?  What is the world coming to.

:devil:

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

37 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

When the FBI raided the offices of Democratic Chicago Alderman Ed Burke, a strong proponent of gun control, they confiscated nearly two dozen guns.

Here's what we know

Burke is facing federal corruption charges and recently was subject to FBI raids of both his ward office and his office in Chicago's City Hall. He is charged with attempted extortion. Burke allegedly attempted to withhold permits from a company unless they agreed to retain his property tax law firm, Klafter & Burke. Burke has insisted that he is innocent. He was released on a $10,000 unsecured bond, the Chicago Tribune reported.

During the sting of one of his offices, federal agents confiscated 23 firearms. It is unclear which office the guns were stored in which office at the time of the raid, but Chicago's WMMB-TV reported that at least some of the guns were on display at one point in City Hall.

Burke had been such a strong advocate for gun control that he had voted to outlaw cell phone cases shaped like guns.

more at https://www.theblaze.com/news/anti-gun-chicago-alderman-had-23-guns-in-his-office?fbclid=IwAR1TKhCi9Lq7UyUuJFlwze45EIdoOBYuGk7WXqWXJ7ZJKFRvY4XlhEagwSI

hypocrisy, table for 1.........

A corrupt hypocritical democratic politician from Chicago. Imagine that 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

A corrupt hypocritical democratic politician from Chicago. Imagine that 

And Trump's tax attorney to boot...

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

3 hours ago, refugee said:

And Trump's tax attorney to boot...

I didn't notice Trumps tax attorney mentioned in the OP, deflection?

23 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

I was wondering what that had to do with anything 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

I am deeply appreciative of the free Psychological Analysis...send me a bill, won't you?

4 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I was wondering what that had to do with anything 

It sounds like his affiliation with Trump is stronger than his affiliation to the Democratic party, why omit the fact.  

He saved Trump 14 Million in property taxes and the raid of his office was the same day as Cohens guilty plea

http://fortune.com/2018/11/29/fbi-raids-trump-tax-attorney-chicago/

FBI Raids Trump's Former Chicago Tax Attorney Who Saved the President $14 Million in Property Taxes

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

12 minutes ago, refugee said:

I am deeply appreciative of the free Psychological Analysis...send me a bill, won't you?

It sounds like his affiliation with Trump is stronger than his affiliation to the Democratic party, why omit the fact.  

He saved Trump 14 Million in property taxes and the raid of his office was the same day as Cohens guilty plea

FBI Raids Trump's Former Chicago Tax Attorney Who Saved the President $14 Million in Property Taxes

that service was free, you need more help than my hobby psychology can provide. 

So .. criminals can't have day jobs? I am sure Oberst Mueller is well aware of whatever dealings occurred, I will wait with bated breath to see the plea deal made with this fine upstanding alderman and the special investigative team to roll over on Trump

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
16 hours ago, refugee said:

How does this story show his ties were stronger to Trump than the Democrat party?  Considering he is being charged with extortion from acts in 2017 and 2018, I don't think he was President Trump's Chicago property tax lawyer at that time.

https://news.wttw.com/sites/default/files/article/file-attachments/Burke complaint filed.pdf

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!