Jump to content

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

 

I am in need of advice. I may need to change my address soon due to unforeseeable circumstances. My fiance's K-1 Visa application is currently waiting to be adjudicated at the California office. If I change my address will it negatively affect the processing time or the application itself? How would I go about changing it? I don't want to do anything to jeopardize the application. What are the experiences that some of you have had with changing addresses?

 

Thank you so much for any advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CambodiaLove said:

Hello everyone,

 

I am in need of advice. I may need to change my address soon due to unforeseeable circumstances. My fiance's K-1 Visa application is currently waiting to be adjudicated at the California office. If I change my address will it negatively affect the processing time or the application itself? How would I go about changing it? I don't want to do anything to jeopardize the application. What are the experiences that some of you have had with changing addresses?

 

Thank you so much for any advice.

it shouldn't affect the process of the I-129F on itself, but you need to provide it at the interview stage for the embassy to know where the beneficiary is going to live when they get to the USA. Once you have the new address, just file your AOS with that, assuming you have already moved by then. and the beneficiary is here


8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alabamak1 said:

it shouldn't affect the process of the I-129F on itself, but you need to provide it at the interview stage for the embassy to know where the beneficiary is going to live when they get to the USA. Once you have the new address, just file your AOS with that, assuming you have already moved by then. and the beneficiary is here

If he moves then the NOA2 will go to the wrong address without an in effect change


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If he moves then the NOA2 will go to the wrong address without an in effect change

i would rely on the forwarding of the mail in this case, since USCIS does not provide a change of address at this point or?


8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alabamak1 said:

i would rely on the forwarding of the mail in this case, since USCIS does not provide a change of address at this point or?

Some of the USCIS mail is not forwardable...  Not sure about the I797C


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×