Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About vivostu

  • Rank
  • Member # 317619

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

211 profile views
  1. vivostu

    Police/Fingerprint Check

    You can do it yourselves. Australia: https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks Canada: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check
  2. True. If they deem the I-485 receipt notice as not satisfactory proof of legal presence in the US then AB 60 is a gaping loophole: "Assembly Bill (AB) 60 (Chapter 524: Statutes of 2013) requires the department to issue an original driver license to an applicant who is unable to submit satisfactory proof of legal presence in the United States."
  3. You're conflating CR-1 costs with K-1 costs. Like @John & Rose said there is no I-864 fee for the K-1 process.
  4. No fee; see "Filing Fee" section: https://www.uscis.gov/i-864
  5. It's inept California DMV field office employees. When they see an I-485 I-797C they think it's a meaningless piece of paper. I have even seen them tell individuals that recently entered with IV visas (obviously they brought their foreign passports with the CBP endorsement stamp to the DMV) that they don't have legal status! The pinnacle of incompetence.
  6. Ask the DMV Issuing Department ((916) 657-7790) and ask them to contant DHS to verify that your AOS is pending. Also, if you paid the DL fee in 2018, then the fee (not the DL card) should be valid until your birthday in 2023*; so no need to pay more DL fees before that date (1 exception is if you change your legal name and want it to be reflected on the DL; that requires a $27 fee). *If the last 2 digits of the DD (Document Discriminator) code is "23":
  7. Yes, USCIS accepts credit cards for Form I-751: https://www.uscis.gov/i-751 "When filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may also pay by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions."
  8. They could marry in Rome but the marriage is not as quick as, for example, a courthouse marriage in the US: https://www.italianweddingevent.com/wedding-requirements-for-italy/requirements-for-us/ The best option is marriage in either Copenhagen, Denmark or Reykjavík, Iceland: https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/how-get-married-copenhagen https://guidetoiceland.is/history-culture/getting-married-in-iceland Italy, Denmark, and Iceland are in the Schengen travel area so he can travel without issue as he is an Italian resident: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/entry-exit/non-eu-nationals/index_en.htm "If you have a valid residence permit from one of those Schengen countries, it is equivalent to a visa." She, as a US citizen, does not need a Schengen visa so she can also travel to those countries without issue.
  9. ^This is the correct link according to USCIS instructions (see "Have pending applications or petitions..." row): https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange
  10. That might be the I-129F receipt notice. Approval notices are usually sent on I-797: What does it say for "Notice Type"? The I-131 is a multi-use form. For your case putting "To visit family" and only "Philippines" is fine; travel to other countries is also allowed in your case (regardless if they were or weren't listed at I-131 filing).
  11. Be wary on relying on guides and videos that mention G-325A as the info might be outdated. G-325A is not needed after 06/09/2017: https://web.archive.org/web/20170427053222/https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f
  12. OP is renewing the plastic card. OP has been an LPR for almost 12 years. OP wishes to not naturalize at this time:
  13. The edition date is what matters: https://www.uscis.gov/i-131 Use the 12/23/16 edition.
  14. vivostu

    K1 november

    Way too early; less than 50 days have passed. Takes around 300 days: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php?cfl= And can't complain until after ~8 months: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
  15. Yes, send it all together. And include 3 G-1145 (one for each form).