SDH

January 2019 - AOS Filers (merged)

1,639 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, PaulMac said:

RapidVisa has very.. umm.. split opinions about their services. Some get in trouble because of them forgetting a document, or filling out the forms wrong, some have no trouble. But i heard they try to create a view of them hurrying processing of the visa, GC. Not true. Nothing apart expedited case can be "hurried", only with legitimate reason posted on USCIS website.

DEFINITELY you're getting an interview, that decision was made late 2018. only very tiny percentage gets interview waivers (less than 5%). I think there are more chances now to be visited by USCIS at random, than getting an interview waiver, and we know how rare they home visit.

My income is above the 125% but only by a couple grands, savings might have helped. Though i could've had a co-sponsor, seems like they didn't have a problem with me sponsoring (no mortgage, credits, leases, financed cars or loans)

i think around June, maybe May we should start seeing people receiving the EAD/AP combo cards, or at least "cards being produced".

Thank you 🙏🏻 so much 

On 3/16/2019 at 12:00 AM, A_R said:

Hi,

Anyone here from Massachusetts?

Now that I gave the NOA for green card is there anyway that I can apply for a Driver’s license or Massachusetts state ID?

I am!

I'd recommend going to the RMV in person and giving it a try. My husband tried to apply for a Massachusetts learners permit in January after we received our NOA for AOS, and they told him they couldn't issue one since his K-1 was set to expire in February. However, he tried again post-biometrics and they didn't have a problem with it. (He still doesn't have a permit, because he didn't study for the test * facepalm * but he's going to try again this week. I can let you know how it goes.) Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys!

Wanted your thoughts on this...

One of my friends is having her bachelorette party in the Bahamas in December and we're trying to book flights soon.

My NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP is January 10, so hoping to get EAD/AP before summer, but who knows.

Do you think I should wait to book December flights until after I get EAD/AP? I'm not worried about having to cancel flights, but more so a little worried that it could somehow affect my application processing if I book a flight out of the country while EAD/AP pending. 

Thoughts?! Thanks!

PS: I'm leaning towards holding off booking flights until I get EAD/AP, but thought I'd get multiple opinions on this!

Edited by SR_CAN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SR_CAN said:

Hey guys!

One of my friends is having her bachelorette party in the Bahamas in December and we're trying to book flights soon.

My NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP is January 10, so hoping to get EAD/AP before summer, but who knows.

Do you think I should wait to book December flights until after I get EAD/AP? I'm not worried about having to cancel flights, but more so a little worried that it could somehow affect my application processing if I book a flight out of the country while EAD/AP pending. 

Thoughts?! Thanks!

PS: I'm leaning towards holding off booking flights until I get EAD/AP, but thought I'd get multiple opinions on this!

You should have it way way before then but with uscis nothing is guaranteed as you are well aware. If you want piece of mind wait till summertime to book it

I am booking flights for my wife and I to the Caribbean over NYe and Southwest isn’t even releasing their schedule for those dates for another 2 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
10 minutes ago, SR_CAN said:

Hey guys!

Thoughts?! Thanks!

Wait. Don't make a mistake like that..
WHAT IF it gets dragged out for a year +? In rare cases it does, not saying it will. Just remember with USCIS "Don't book anything until you have proper paperwork IN HAND"

IMHO wait it out. 6months for tickets is good enough and won't make prices outrageous (dad worked for Lufthansa)

Timeline
1 minute ago, PaulMac said:

Wait. Don't make a mistake like that..
WHAT IF it gets dragged out for a year +? In rare cases it does, not saying it will. Just remember with USCIS "Don't book anything until you have proper paperwork IN HAND"

IMHO wait it out. 6months for tickets is good enough and won't make prices outrageous (dad worked for Lufthansa)

Okay I totally agree lol! I was already on the fence about booking flights without EAD/AP, but my friends kept asking me to check. It can get frustrating at times when those around you don't fully understand your situation!

Thank you!! I will wait 🤞

Timeline
7 minutes ago, SR_CAN said:

Okay I totally agree lol! I was already on the fence about booking flights without EAD/AP, but my friends kept asking me to check. It can get frustrating at times when those around you don't fully understand your situation!

Thank you!! I will wait 🤞

I know.. Yeah i'm saying in the nicest way, do not buy yet.
Tickets get slightly more expensive ~2months before the date of departure, and get worse 1months before.

Wait until you have everything in hand. i can bet that even if there will be a price increase by then, it will be cheaper than in the worst case rebuying the ticket, or changing dates.

I stopped explaining apart from "We can't travel until around July". No one will understand what is AoS or EAD or whats the difference between them lol just use one "Green card" lol

Timeline
3 hours ago, PaulMac said:

I know.. Yeah i'm saying in the nicest way, do not buy yet.
Tickets get slightly more expensive ~2months before the date of departure, and get worse 1months before.

Wait until you have everything in hand. i can bet that even if there will be a price increase by then, it will be cheaper than in the worst case rebuying the ticket, or changing dates.

I stopped explaining apart from "We can't travel until around July". No one will understand what is AoS or EAD or whats the difference between them lol just use one "Green card" lol

Definitely agree with you and I doubt flights will sell out by the time I do get EAD/AP! Thanks for your input!

Oh same LOL! I think I get the "When are you able to travel/work" question everyday 🤣

Edited by SR_CAN

Timeline

Sure would be nice to hear something...anything...indicating some kind of progress.  :unsure:

Almost 3 weeks since Bio....no RFE's (I mean, I guess that's a good thing, right?), and more and more February filers already getting notifications of Interviews.   Yeesh...

Attorney had no issue with me calling the 800-# on Monday for a "friendly inquiry" to see what's going on.

Probably wouldn't hurt.  We'll give it until then...

Hi everyone!

Has anyone got an interview appointment already? We sent our package on January 25th. Did the biometrics appointment on 8th March. Now got an interview appointment for April 18th. I feel like it's very quick but I read after the interview it might take several months to receive the green card. So I'll probably still wait until the autumn.  

Timeline
6 hours ago, Ebru said:

Hi everyone!

Has anyone got an interview appointment already? We sent our package on January 25th. Did the biometrics appointment on 8th March. Now got an interview appointment for April 18th. I feel like it's very quick but I read after the interview it might take several months to receive the green card. So I'll probably still wait until the autumn.  

Congratulations, You're verrrry lucky.!

IT might take a couple of months afterwards if they have issues with Your forms, missing paperwork etc. 

Usually it should take couple of weeks to receive the card. Make sure to be prepared for interview, and bring ALL paperwork with you, bring proof of relationship and that you're living together and you'll be good.
Congratulations again :) 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Northerndynasty said:

Sure would be nice to hear something...anything...indicating some kind of progress.  :unsure:

Almost 3 weeks since Bio....no RFE's (I mean, I guess that's a good thing, right?), and more and more February filers already getting notifications of Interviews.   Yeesh...

Attorney had no issue with me calling the 800-# on Monday for a "friendly inquiry" to see what's going on.

Probably wouldn't hurt.  We'll give it until then...

Doubt that they will say anything other than "You're in the line for an interview", but keep us posted what they say :)
No early RFE means that Affidavit of Support should be okay and no problems with it as of now :) All paperwork is in order, just wait for a letter.

I'm not gonna call until the end of this month. Not worth to raise our hopes lol. It probably highly depends on how busy local offices are. I saw that my local office is hiring additional officers for immigration dept, assuming those who interview and process paperwork like ours, so thats a bad sign lol

12 hours ago, SR_CAN said:

Definitely agree with you and I doubt flights will sell out by the time I do get EAD/AP! Thanks for your input!

Oh same LOL! I think I get the "When are you able to travel/work" question everyday 🤣

yeah no problem! anything about flying, you can ask me. I fly long hauls once or twice a year, and since my pops worked for Lufthansa, he told me some tricks how to get bumped, or which seats are the best to get for long haul (back of the plane). I already got bumped 3 times lol

Not many people are bothering us anymore with questions when or what. All i say "it's in process that i have no control over". lol

Timeline
1 hour ago, PaulMac said:

Doubt that they will say anything other than "You're in the line for an interview", but keep us posted what they say :)
No early RFE means that Affidavit of Support should be okay and no problems with it as of now :) All paperwork is in order, just wait for a letter.

I'm not gonna call until the end of this month. Not worth to raise our hopes lol. It probably highly depends on how busy local offices are. I saw that my local office is hiring additional officers for immigration dept, assuming those who interview and process paperwork like ours, so thats a bad sign lol

yeah no problem! anything about flying, you can ask me. I fly long hauls once or twice a year, and since my pops worked for Lufthansa, he told me some tricks how to get bumped, or which seats are the best to get for long haul (back of the plane). I already got bumped 3 times lol

Not many people are bothering us anymore with questions when or what. All i say "it's in process that i have no control over". lol

I admire your optimism.  As I've said before, it's not so much the final GC we're really anticipating, it's the EAD/AP.  We need to get both of those real quick, as we have relocation and travel needs coming up that the wait for the EAD and AP are causing extreme stress issues.

Hoping that the lack of communication does indicate that so far everything is in order, because an RFE right now would probably cause even greater stress in the upcoming time-sensitive relocation and travel plans.  Ugh!  However, I'll take your optimism and run with it!!  :)

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Northerndynasty said:

I admire your optimism.  As I've said before, it's not so much the final GC we're really anticipating, it's the EAD/AP.  We need to get both of those real quick, as we have relocation and travel needs coming up that the wait for the EAD and AP are causing extreme stress issues.

Hoping that the lack of communication does indicate that so far everything is in order, because an RFE right now would probably cause even greater stress in the upcoming time-sensitive relocation and travel plans.  Ugh!  However, I'll take your optimism and run with it!!  :)

Within US, you can relocate, no problems there. However traveling outside US is a problem. If it's that big of a concern, look into expedited criteria maybe you are eligible?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.