spielerin

N-400 Jan 2019 Filers

784 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Burundi
Timeline

Hello ! Any milwaukee peeps here who received their oath ceremony letter? 

I am still waiting here. I am in no rush, the hard part is over I am just wondering when I have to stop looking at that USCIS profile page and move on with my life. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
1 hour ago, Y&i2015 said:

Hello ! Any milwaukee peeps here who received their oath ceremony letter? 

I am still waiting here. I am in no rush, the hard part is over I am just wondering when I have to stop looking at that USCIS profile page and move on with my life. 

My husband had his interview in Milwaukee 6/11/19 and was approved the same day. Still no oath ceremony, the officer said probably July.  His USCIS profile page says estimated date of September 2019, but then again when we started that said July 2020, so who knows :)

Congratulations! 

AOS

6/2007: Sent in I-485, I-130, I-765

7/2007: Biometrics

12/2007: Interview at Local Office, GC approved/received in mail

ROC

10-13-2009: Sent I-751 to CSC

10-14-2009: Package received at CSC

10-22-2009: I-751 check cashed

10-24-2009: Received NOA in mail

11-13-2009: Biometrics

12-8-2009: Card Production Ordered

12-10-2009: Approval Notice Sent

Naturalization

1-11-2019: Applied online

1-29-2019: Biometrics 

6-11-2019: Interview

6-11-2019: USCIS account updated to say APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Burundi
Timeline
22 hours ago, jer216 said:

My husband had his interview in Milwaukee 6/11/19 and was approved the same day. Still no oath ceremony, the officer said probably July.  His USCIS profile page says estimated date of September 2019, but then again when we started that said July 2020, so who knows :)

Congratulations! 

Thank you very much ! 

On 6/19/2019 at 1:29 PM, Hesky said:

Fairfax, VA here (Washington field office). The timeline below is the same for myself and my wife:

Application submitted online: January 3, 2019

Biometrics appointment letter: January 4

Biometrics appointment: January 23

Interview scheduled: May 9

Attended Interview: June 13

Application approved: June 13

We are now just waiting for them to schedule our oath of allegiance ceremony. The USCIS officer told my wife that since we are asking for a name change it'll probably take a few weeks longer than normal. Our ceremony will likely be at the Alexandria office, which has judicial ceremonies the third Thursday of every month. According to the system, our estimated completion time is September 2019, so based on what the officer said, I expect our ceremony to take place in October or November. We'll see!

We also had our interview at the Fairfax office on June 15th.  We received our N-445 (Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony).  Our oath ceremony will be on Tuesday, July 9th at the Bryant Alternative High School, Alexandria.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have my oath in 6 days!!! 4th of july!

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

8 hours ago, estrella said:

Wow, the 4th of July will be an extra special holiday for your family in the years ahead.  Congrats.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline
On 6/28/2019 at 9:25 AM, estrella said:

You'll never forget the anniversary, with that date! Congratulations! 

K-1...

08/09/2015: I-129F mailed
08/14/2015: NOA1 received by email; hardcopy received approximately 08/17/2015
09/14/2015: NOA2 received
09/30/2015: NVC received case
10/02/2015: CEAC status changed to "In Transit"
10/08/2015: CEAC status changed to "Ready"
10/09/2015: Consulate acknowledged receipt via phone; Hardcopy from US DoS with case number.
10/19/2015: Received information from Consulate.
10/28/2015: Medical Exam
11/17/2015: Interview...rescheduled due to computer problems. New date as yet unknown.
11/18/2015: Called in for interview and APPROVED!

11/24/2015: Picked up visa/passport and sealed packet from the Consulate! <happy dance>

02/14/2016: Arrived in the U.S. (POE was Bermuda)...CO was really nice!

02/18/2016: Married! :)

AOS...

03/02/2016: AOS/EAD/AP Package mailed
03/14/2016: I-485/765/131 NOAs received by mail. USCIS Received Date 03/04/2016; USCIS Notice Date 03/10/2016
03/25/2016: Received biometrics appointment letter for I-485 & I-765
04/04/2016: Biometrics appointment
04/26/2016: Received notification that the I-131 was approved and the name was updated on the I-765
05/23/2016: Received notice that card was being produced for I-765.
05/28/2016: Received EAD/AP card.
06/01/2016: Received electronic notice that AOS interview has been scheduled.
06/30/2016: I-485 interview at USCIS Baltimore Field Office.
09/01/2016: InfoPass appointment made for 09/07/2016.
09/06/2016: Received electronic notification that I-485 was approved on 09/02/2016.
09/09/2016: Received approval letter.
09/14/2016: Green Card delivered! :)

ROC...

06/13/2018: I-751 package mailed to Vermont Service Center
06/25/2018: NOA/extension letter received, dated 06/19/2018

07/14/2018: Received ASC notice for Biometrics Appointment

07/25/18: Completed Biometrics

06/13/19: Received email notification of card production. I-751 approved!

06/19/19: 10yr card delivered!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Question - during the interview, can you be asked to explain the meaning of the question - for example, explain what it means to be legally incompetent or confined to a mental institution? Has this happened to anyone where officer asks meaning behind the question to test your ability. Appreciate the help. 

(Original question on the application is - Have you ever been declared legally incompetent or placed in mental instituation, typical answer would be NO)

NOA 1 ----- June 30th

NOA 2-------- Dec 3

Case sent to NVC ----- Dec 4th

Case received NVC ------- Dec 7th

Case # and IIN received ------ Dec 22nd

AOS fee paid online ------------ Dec 22nd

IV fee paid online --------- Dec 23rd

DS 261 - Dec 23rd - reviewed on the phone.

AOS and IV fee shows as paid - 1/4/16

AOS and IV package sent - 1/6/16

DS 260 completed - 1/8/16

NVC scanned packages - 1/11/16

CC - 2/12/16

Interview Scheduled - 2/26/16

Medical date - 4/13/16

Interview date - 4/14/16 - got approved!!!! :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

US entry - 4/29/16 or 5/5/16

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
20 hours ago, rmpate8q said:

Question - during the interview, can you be asked to explain the meaning of the question - for example, explain what it means to be legally incompetent or confined to a mental institution? Has this happened to anyone where officer asks meaning behind the question to test your ability. Appreciate the help. 

(Original question on the application is - Have you ever been declared legally incompetent or placed in mental instituation, typical answer would be NO)

They didn't ask me that for that or any of the other questions but I remember when I was studying and preparing there was either a video or a guide that said that they sometimes do that to test your understanding and comprehension of the English language.

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

On 6/19/2019 at 1:29 PM, Hesky said:

Fairfax, VA here (Washington field office). The timeline below is the same for myself and my wife:

Application submitted online: January 3, 2019

Biometrics appointment letter: January 4

Biometrics appointment: January 23

Interview scheduled: May 9

Attended Interview: June 13

Application approved: June 13

We are now just waiting for them to schedule our oath of allegiance ceremony. The USCIS officer told my wife that since we are asking for a name change it'll probably take a few weeks longer than normal. Our ceremony will likely be at the Alexandria office, which has judicial ceremonies the third Thursday of every month. According to the system, our estimated completion time is September 2019, so based on what the officer said, I expect our ceremony to take place in October or November. We'll see!

I just got form N-445 on June 24th asking me to attend the oath ceremony on July 18th in Alexandria. Hard to believe a 12 year immigration process is about to end in just 18 days!

Edited by Hesky

Hello all,

I will be filing form N-400 under the three year rule.

regarding the form I have a couple questions. For example, where it says part 8.list where you have worked or studied for the past 5 years? should I list only my information for the past 3 years? i have been living in the us only for the past 3.5 years.

then part 5.information about your residence for the past 5 years. should I list my addresses from out the us? or just for the past 3 years,considering  I am applying based on the 3 year rule.

Thank you for the advice

On 6/14/2019 at 8:13 AM, diane79 said:

I had my interview yesterday in Milwaukee. I have never felt so attacked. I have ROC pending and I was reading on VJ that Milwaukee doesn’t do combo interview anymore, so i got to confident and didn’t bring any docs besides the ones needed for the naturalization, i know, big mistake and You have no idea how much I regret it and I can’t stop thinking about it. 

Anyways, since I arrived, the guy seemed pissed, while all other interviewers were smiling and saying hello, not mine. When I told him hello, he barely answer me. As soon as we got into his office he treated me like #######, and started attacking me and bombarding me with questions, so first I got really nervous and then I stared getting pissed and my answers were in a defensive mode. He started saying that my green card was expired (duh, that’s why i have a ROC) and that my extension letter was expired, which is not, it expires August this year, buy me being nervous I couldn’t think well and I was just getting more and more nervous, in a fraction of a second i was able to think and tell him that it expires in August. The guy will talk so fast and ask questions one after another and i could barely think or remember things. Then he left my green card and extension letter and he returned, he did the naturalization test extremely fast that i could barely understand what he was saying, he didn’t look at me once, but anyways I passed.

he gave me a letter saying that a decision can not be made now and told me he is waiting Texas to send more docs from my ROC and that with the (few) things I gabe him (i made him pull docs from the N400 submission) he could made a decision about it otherwise he will request more docs.  And i feel like really? At this part of the process I’m going to get a RFE? Why these people didn’t requested it when i submitted my ROC in November 2017 and my extension letter is about to expire?  Anyways, i do expect to be requested more docs, since this guy seemed to be willing to make it hard for me. He says that he hopes that in 3 weeks he can have an answer.

I almost had the same situation, at the end of the interview, he gave me the letter said decision can't be made and N-14 will be send. This was June 26th, nothing updated yet. did you get the RFE or any update?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.