Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline

I've been informed that not all airports process k1 visas? I've also been told that, if my fiancé flies into Toronto, they'll do his k1 processing there because Cleveland doesn't do it? I googled it, but I'm not finding much to validate this and was hoping someone here might know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mark&Jean said:

That I'm not sure. I read somewhere there is actually no P4 in the Philippines. A good question for Greenbaum or Hank I'm guessing.

I know we get our P3 by email for the Philippines. I’m confused about this whole part now too. I guess I assumed you would get P3 before the interview. For sure you can schedule the interview once CEAC says ready and do the medical before receiving P3.

Maybe the P3 is only instructions and you don’t “have” to have it before interview. 

Edited by clw654321

5 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

I know we get our P3 by email for the Philippines. I’m confused about this whole part now too. I guess I assumed you would get P3 before the interview. For sure you can schedule the interview once CEAC says ready and do the medical before receiving P3.

Maybe the P3 is only instructions and you don’t “have” to have it before interview. 

As outlined in the links that I provided for you I will answer your question/statement from above. The Philippines does not send out the P3 letter. It is available on the website (link is in the materials I have given you). Once CEAC is ready then you can book your interview date. Once you have the letter from nvc with the case number you can schedule your medical. Once you have a verbal case number then you can complete the DS-160 and pay your interview fee (link is in the materials I have given you).  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

Below is the letter that the Embassy sent me.  You don't need to bring this to the interview.

You are now eligible to schedule a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines.

You must pay the K1/K2 visa application fee before you can schedule a visa appointment. For information regarding visa payment, you may visit http://ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-paymentinfo.asp.

To schedule a visa interview appointment, you should visit this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph or contact the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 792-8988 or (632) 548-8223 to schedule a visa appointment.  The Call Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time) except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.  Callers in the United States may contact the Call Center at (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours. You must have the case number, passport number, and passport expiry date for each applicant ready when requesting a visa appointment.

·          Please note that if you are unable to keep your visa appointment date, you need to call the Visa Information and Appointment Service to re-schedule.

To prepare for your interview, please visit our website (https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/) to become familiar with the procedures to follow before the interview. 

·          You must complete the Form DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application) at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ prior to the visa interview. You should notify the Embassy by email at support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com once the DS-160 has been completed.

·          You must present a printed DS-160 confirmation page at the time of your visa interview. Applicants without a printed confirmation page will be advised to re-schedule their appointments.

·          You are required to read the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA) pamphlet (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/imbra.html) which provides information on the legal rights available to immigrant victims of domestic violence in the United States.

·          You must register a delivery address online at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph before coming in for the visa interview. Failure to designate a delivery address prior to your appointment date will result in delayed delivery of your passport and visa.  

When communicating with the Embassy by telephone, e-mail, letter, or fax, always refer to your name, case number and visa category as they appear below.

Sincerely,

Chief, Immigrant Visa Branch

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

1 hour ago, itsjustcassiee said:

I've been informed that not all airports process k1 visas? I've also been told that, if my fiancé flies into Toronto, they'll do his k1 processing there because Cleveland doesn't do it? I googled it, but I'm not finding much to validate this and was hoping someone here might know.

Toronto does have USA immigration and customs where you will process as though it were a POE on US soil. There are handful of airports in the world that are authorized to do this work. Ireland is other airport that has USA POE capabilities. This is normal and nothing that you should be concerned about. Follow signs and airport personnel to reach and be processed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
Just now, Greenbaum said:

Toronto does have USA immigration and customs where you will process as though it were a POE on US soil. There are handful of airports in the world that are authorized to do this work. Ireland is other airport that has USA POE capabilities. This is normal and nothing that you should be concerned about. Follow signs and airport personnel to reach and be processed.

Okay so if he flies to Toronto and then Cleveland, they'll process it as though he landed on U.S. soil while he's in Canada. It looks like no matter what we do, he'll have a POE besides Cleveland.

6 hours ago, DanielPlainview said:

yes, I was thinking the same thing............the P3 instruction just tells you what to send, but you don't have to include that instruction document.  You gather those, and bring them to the interview.  I'm not sure what value there is to bringing a copy of the instructions.   In Thailand, it works a bit differently.   We mail in P3 requirements, and then they notify us of the interview date that they set and tell you to get your medical.     We found the P3 instructions online, gathered all the docs, and we will mail tomorrow.   We are at Ready status, and we will not wait for them to send us the P3 instructions in the mail.   

I am confused about P4.......some people said a physical copy is not mailed, but you get an email.  We provide email on DS-2001.  Will be interesting to see what is right.  In Phils, if you take your P3 docs to the interview, what is the P4 for?

Some embassies such as Thailand require you to receive the P3 and follow those instructions, basically sending completed forms and other evidence requested and then once the embassy receives and reviews they issue the P4 which is the "go ahead" to schedule your interview appointment.

The Philippines is like most embassy to the embassy by some means, website, snail mail or email the P3 instructions. Normally those instructions are for the evidence need to complete the interview.

4 minutes ago, itsjustcassiee said:

Okay so if he flies to Toronto and then Cleveland, they'll process it as though he landed on U.S. soil while he's in Canada. It looks like no matter what we do, he'll have a POE besides Cleveland.

That's pretty much how I explained it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Some embassies such as Thailand require you to receive the P3 and follow those instructions, basically sending completed forms and other evidence requested and then once the embassy receives and reviews they issue the P4 which is the "go ahead" to schedule your interview appointment.

The Philippines is like most embassy to the embassy by some means, website, snail mail or email the P3 instructions. Normally those instructions are for the evidence need to complete the interview.

That's pretty much how I explained it.

Yeah I'm just wondering if it's optional I guess. Like, is there an option for him to NOT get processed in Canada?

6 hours ago, clw654321 said:

It pretty much is a list of what you need but you will receive an email from the embassy 1-3 working days after they receive it. We haven’t got our email yet. And I’m not sure if you have to bring that with you to the interview but definitely have to get it first.

P3 is on their website. The P3 letter or email or whatever is not necessary for the interview. It is used as a check list. Print off a copy and use it as such.

6 hours ago, Mark&Jean said:

Ah ok. I must have been misinformed. I was told you we were all set for the interview after CEAC said Ready and we did the medical. Well hope the email comes soon. I told her to be on the look out for it so she can print it. Thank you again! Good luck with you journey!

Read above. Have her check her "spam" folder as it has been the case with some others that it ended up their. Once you have the case number (phone call to NVC will give you it) then you can complete the DS-160, pay the interview fee, get your police clearance and complete CFO all the while waiting for the hardcopy of the case number. 

If you both follow from the top of Hanks website to the last page you just can't go wrong. Doing it your way well... it's not hard for me to predict what will happen and it's not going to be pretty. http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

5 minutes ago, itsjustcassiee said:

Yeah I'm just wondering if it's optional I guess. Like, is there an option for him to NOT get processed in Canada?

That wasn't your question but the answer is NO. Why are you so against getting processed from a US Immigration Officer who has a station on Canadian soil?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

12 hours ago, Faisal1 said:

When and how long it takes to nvc to send me p3 mail? 

NVC has nothing to do with the P3. Your Embassy is responsible for it. Don't wait as I am posting a copy for you so you don't have to wait for the P3 from your embassy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fcBNK7qttjga9p-fTkJ0HSqhrc1hES_T/view?usp=sharing

You should become familiar with your country's sub-forum here on VJ to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with. This will allow you to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to take at the US Embassy - Brazil.  Sub-forum for Brazil is located here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

This is the Packet 3 (P3) letter from your Embassy.

https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/the-interview-2/

There is a lot of information on the Embassy for Brazil here https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/frequently-asked-questions-non-immigrant-visas/

A thread were a lot of chatter about the process for the Brazil Embassy and interview

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679652-nvc-to-interview-in-rio-brazil/?page=10

For additional information on the Immigration Visa process and required documents, please refer to your letter or email or visit the Consular Section Website at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-BR/iv/information/iv_overview.

Brazilian Visa applicant(s) under the age of 14 and Non-Brazilian Visa applicants under the age of 14 do not need to appear in person at the Applicant Service Center (ASC) appointment however they must attend in person the Consular Section interview. The parent must bring the minor child's documentation including a printed photo (A 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inches) colored printed photo, taken within the last 6 months and with white background. For additional instructions on photo requirement for the US Department of States, please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html to the Applicant Service Center on behalf of the child.

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-BR/iv/information/iv_overviewFrom

The Brazilian interview requires all documents presented at the interview to be originals.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

That wasn't your question but the answer is NO. Why are you so against getting processed from a US Immigration Officer who has a station on Canadian soil?

Because with the available flight options, he'll likely have to stay overnight in Canada. Whereas if he doesn't have to be processed, he can take a flight to Cleveland an hour or two after landing in Canada. 

4 minutes ago, itsjustcassiee said:

Because with the available flight options, he'll likely have to stay overnight in Canada. Whereas if he doesn't have to be processed, he can take a flight to Cleveland an hour or two after landing in Canada. 

I don't have your dates of travel nor do I know the airport but for an experiment I used Reykjavik, Iceland to Cleveland and there are many different airports that he can fly through to get to Cleveland. Chicago, Toronto, Boston. The one through Boston he would leave 5 pm-ish and arrive next morning in Cleveland by way of Boston at 9:50 am. Up to you. Good luck but having to process in Toronto for immigration is not something you should be worried about.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I don't have your dates of travel nor do I know the airport but for an experiment I used Reykjavik, Iceland to Cleveland and there are many different airports that he can fly through to get to Cleveland. Chicago, Toronto, Boston. The one through Boston he would leave 5 pm-ish and arrive next morning in Cleveland by way of Boston at 9:50 am. Up to you. Good luck but having to process in Toronto for immigration is not something you should be worried about.

No, Toronto is fine, it's just that I start a new job on the 25th and the first 6 weeks, attendance is mandatory. So the goal is for him to come Friday or Saturday (April 12th-13th.) But it's cheaper to fly on the 11th. So it's kind of just a puzzle of figuring out the cheapest flight with the least time spent between flights. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.