Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Gc0988 said:

Are any documents needed for submission to NVC? Read online and talked to NVC representative. Stated that once the visa fee, and ds160 are completed. No other documents must be given to NVC. Trying to stay ahead of the game. 

no documents needed to send to NVC :)

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mekulisch said:

It does.  Moscow is supposed to arrive on Monday, but Kiev on Friday 🤷🏻‍♂️... our case in in New York this morning 

Now our case shows Ready through the ceac tracker. I'm still going to email the embassy to make sure they have our case and we can begin gathering the paperwork.

Timeline
3 hours ago, manofdahour said:

Yea but it's unlikely it doesn't show up in the DHL tracker. Anyways lets hope for the best. Keep in touch.

I just checked for the 20th time today through the ceac tracker and it changed to Ready 😁

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 minute ago, Javier Mera said:

I just checked for the 20th time today through the ceac tracker and it changed to Ready 😁

Mine changed there too and that's because they received it electronically. You still need to track down the hard copy.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, manofdahour said:

Mine changed there too and that's because they received it electronically. You still need to track down the hard copy.  

So how important is the hard copy over the electronic copy? Does it mean that we can't get ahead of ourselves with the p3 packet that is online and need to wait for the embassy to contact us?

51 minutes ago, MaryDave1992 said:

Hey, another Boston-UK relationship.  And your dates are so similar to ours!  I hope that means we get our case number soon too! Congratulations :) 

I know! I was just about to say that to you too! Call tomorrow towards the end of the day and Tuesday morning. This wait is the worst, praying for you but I'm sure they will get it soon! Also, don't know if this helps but I called the non-immigrant phone line ending in 0888. All other times my fiancé called the other line and they told him they didn't have it. Might just be a coincidence but worth a try!

Timeline
1 hour ago, MaryDave1992 said:

Just called NVC again and still nothing.  Today is 4 weeks since NOA2... When do you think I should call USCIS?  Thanks

Ours took 23 days and you are technically still within the legit timeframe of 6 weeks. All you can do is be patient because unfortunately some cases take longer than others.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

So how important is the hard copy over the electronic copy? Does it mean that we can't get ahead of ourselves with the p3 packet that is online and need to wait for the embassy to contact us?

Not sure, you may be able to proceed but I believe they won't reach out to you until they receive the hard copy.

8 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

I think you're safe at this point to message the embassy and ask them for next steps and P3. If they have received your file, they will provide it for you. If they haven't, they will respond accordingly.

11 minutes ago, manofdahour said:

I don't think that necessarily has to be the case. For whatever reason, maybe a technical issue, it wasn't showing the tracking but if it says Ready, you should be able to proceed.

This tracking method we use, after all, is not something provided by NVC to the public. Its a rogue kind of way to follow our files up to the point that they arrive at the Embassy for peace of mind.

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 minutes ago, IzandAl said:

I know! I was just about to say that to you too! Call tomorrow towards the end of the day and Tuesday morning. This wait is the worst, praying for you but I'm sure they will get it soon! Also, don't know if this helps but I called the non-immigrant phone line ending in 0888. All other times my fiancé called the other line and they told him they didn't have it. Might just be a coincidence but worth a try!

Thanks! :) I have been calling that non-immigrant line as well.  I'll try again tomorrow and maybe give USCIS a call as well.  Good luck getting everything together from here!  Let's keep in touch!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

Ours took 23 days and you are technically still within the legit timeframe of 6 weeks. All you can do is be patient because unfortunately some cases take longer than others.

Thank you.  Trying to be patient and not worry about anything because I know it's normal and happens to so many people but it's hard to see so many breeze through this step and not think "is something wrong?"  Hopefully, we'll get it before that 6 week mark or I really will worry lol.

2 minutes ago, MaryDave1992 said:

Thank you.  Trying to be patient and not worry about anything because I know it's normal and happens to so many people but it's hard to see so many breeze through this step and not think "is something wrong?"  Hopefully, we'll get it before that 6 week mark or I really will worry lol.

Agree you should give USCIS and see if they shipped. It would give you a little peace of mind, at least to know maybe it's at NVC desk now waiting to get processed.

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Timeline
1 minute ago, celie&joseph said:

Agree you should give USCIS and see if they shipped. It would give you a little peace of mind, at least to know maybe it's at NVC desk now waiting to get processed.

Do you know when they're open until?  And do I have to ask for a tier 2?

Thank you!!

5 minutes ago, MaryDave1992 said:

Do you know when they're open until?  And do I have to ask for a tier 2?

Thank you!!

I believe they are open until 8pm my time so they are open for 6 more hours :)

and no, I believe Tier 1 and Tier 2 see the same updates as far as shipping.

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Timeline
Just now, celie&joseph said:

I believe they are open until 8pm my time so they are open for 6 more hours :)

and no, I believe Tier 1 and Tier 2 see the same updates as far as shipping.

Thank you so much :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.