EliAnon

Noa 2 approval!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

I was in the Philippines for the last week and on our 1 year anniversary we got our NOA 2! She woke me up screaming at 4:50am hahaha, we are so excited.

Anyways, besides thinking about having her and her daughter with me 24/7 in a few months there is still a ton to do and prepare for (Interview, Medical, DS160, etc)

I will be calling the NVC in a few weeks according to the instructions on Hanks website. She is already out getting her CENOMAR and police reports and what not too :) 

How is that for some good news ;) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

CONGRATS

Be patient with NVC due to the holidays, everything will slow down

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

1 minute ago, EliAnon said:

Hello all,

I was in the Philippines for the last week and on our 1 year anniversary we got our NOA 2! She woke me up screaming at 4:50am hahaha, we are so excited.

Anyways, besides thinking about having her and her daughter with me 24/7 in a few months there is still a ton to do and prepare for (Interview, Medical, DS160, etc)

I will be calling the NVC in a few weeks according to the instructions on Hanks website. She is already out getting her CENOMAR and police reports and what not too :) 

Congratulations.... You can start calling the NVC the middle of next week for the MNL#. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

CONGRATS

Be patient with NVC due to the holidays, everything will slow down

Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

Congratulations.... You can start calling the NVC the middle of next week for the MNL#. 

Thanks, wow! Thats awesome to know, I will start doing that! I can't stop feeling excited that we got it, my greatest (and perhaps its wishful thinking) wish is that she could be here by valentines day. 

Just now, EliAnon said:

Hello all,

Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your journey.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

OMG, NO.  Recent changes to the process has slowed everything down.  If you start calling next week you will simply be frustrated

My Approval was 10/22.  NVC case assignment 11/16, So 2 -3 weeks minimum!!!! 

With the holidays it will likely be even slower

YMMV

7 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Hello all,

congratulations 🎉🎉 

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

OMG, NO.  Recent changes to the process has slowed everything down.  If you start calling next week you will simply be frustrated

My Approval was 10/22.  NVC case assignment 11/16, So 2 -3 weeks minimum!!!! 

With the holidays it will likely be even slower

Maybe 2 weeks then haha, my Fiancee said maybe start calling in January. I'm one of those guys who is like maybe we will get lucky if I call everyday hahaha

Timeline
Just now, EliAnon said:

Maybe 2 weeks then haha, my Fiancee said maybe start calling in January. I'm one of those guys who is like maybe we will get lucky if I call everyday hahaha

Your best course of action is to update your email address via ASKNVC.  And then they acknowledge case receipt via email.  If you do that you don't hang on the phone everyday

YMMV

Just now, EliAnon said:

i think most people i read here who made a call almost everyday just got frustrated 😂😂 2 to 3 weeks would be fine but take note of holidays..omg you guys is almost there just a lil bit of patience 😁😁

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Hello all,

7-10 working days after receiving the NOA2 for calling, things are still moving slow.    Do email NVC also ... they reply with your MNL# faster to the email than waiting for the letter.   Then your fiancee can use the email from NVC for the medical at SLEC.

NBI and foreign police reports (not local)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Based on the current schedule, your earliest interview possibility will be sometime in February so you have plenty of time to let  the process work, as your petition will likely not be on station until the end of January

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.