TZM

(I-130) Dec 2018 Applicants

504 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Stylereveal said:

Hi All,

i finally got my NOA1 Jan 30th for the I-130 as they had to resend it. It’s going to Nebraska. What I wanted to know is when do we send the financial information?

Hello, the financial and supporting documents will be required at the NVC level, thats during the NOA2. 

7 hours ago, Stylereveal said:

Hi All,

i finally got my NOA1 Jan 30th for the I-130 as they had to resend it. It’s going to Nebraska. What I wanted to know is when do we send the financial information?

Hello, the financial and supporting docs will be required at the NVC level, once you receive your NOA2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, according to the VJ timeline and given how fast Potomac is processing the cases, I am hoping to hear from the NVC by May.

I want to be to prepared so I am currently working on preparing all the necessary supporting documents. I would be needing Police certificates from 4 countries, since they all have different processing times I have filed for them last week. 

My questions is, is it too early? Anyone else doing the same? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, TZM said:

Hello, according to the VJ timeline and given how fast Potomac is processing the cases, I am hoping to hear from the NVC by May.

I want to be to prepared so I am currently working on preparing all the necessary supporting documents. I would be needing Police certificates from 4 countries, since they all have different processing times I have filed for them last week. 

My questions is, is it too early? Anyone else doing the same? 

Hey there! I will try to get my police certificate the first week of March, so I don’t think it’s too early, it’s better to be prepared than sorry, specially considering you will need the certificates from 4 countries, wow! That’s a lot!

The only thing that could “slow us down” to get our certificates is that I read that, at leats in my Consulate, I would need to present the Police certificate during my interviw and it shouldn’t be issued more than a year before or I would need a new one. But hopefully we will get our interviews way before than February 2020.

45 minutes ago, AnaCarolina said:

Hey there! I will try to get my police certificate the first week of March, so I don’t think it’s too early, it’s better to be prepared than sorry, specially considering you will need the certificates from 4 countries, wow! That’s a lot!

The only thing that could “slow us down” to get our certificates is that I read that, at leats in my Consulate, I would need to present the Police certificate during my interviw and it shouldn’t be issued more than a year before or I would need a new one. But hopefully we will get our interviews way before than February 2020.

Hello AnaCarolina,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, Im keeping the application for police certificate from my current country of residence for the last. 

If all goes well, how long does it usually take for the interview to be scheduled at the consulate, after the NVC receives all the documents? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 minutes ago, TZM said:

Hello AnaCarolina,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, Im keeping the application for police certificate from my current country of residence for the last. 

If all goes well, how long does it usually take for the interview to be scheduled at the consulate, after the NVC receives all the documents? 

I think it depends on the consulate. Apparently, our consulate, Ciudad Juárez, is one of the busiest one and currently it’s taking 7-9 months for the interviews after the NVC completes the case (CC).

Probably you can check the regional discussions or your consulate reviews to get an idea in how long would it be for you. I hope your consulate is faster and you’ll get over the whole process before the end of this year 😉

11 minutes ago, AnaCarolina said:

I think it depends on the consulate. Apparently, our consulate, Ciudad Juárez, is one of the busiest one and currently it’s taking 7-9 months for the interviews after the NVC completes the case (CC).

Probably you can check the regional discussions or your consulate reviews to get an idea in how long would it be for you. I hope your consulate is faster and you’ll get over the whole process before the end of this year 😉

Thank you! I hope and pray the same for u. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
22 hours ago, TZM said:

Hi all, quick question. 

I lived in my country of nationality from birth until I was 2 years old. Do I need to present a police certificate from my country of nationality?

I don't think so, but I can only speak for myself. You cannot commit an offense or a crime before 2 years old so I don't see why it would be relevant... But better to wait for more "trusted" opinions maybe?

45 minutes ago, K-Kwette said:

I don't think so, but I can only speak for myself. You cannot commit an offense or a crime before 2 years old so I don't see why it would be relevant... But better to wait for more "trusted" opinions maybe?

This is from the NVC website, it says at anytime in your life. But thats my argument too, A 2yo will not have a criminal record. 

If you ... AND you... THEN submit a police certificate from...
Are 16 years old or older Lived in your country of nationality for more than 6 months at any time in your life Your country of nationality

Timeline
26 minutes ago, TZM said:

This is from the NVC website, it says at anytime in your life. But thats my argument too, A 2yo will not have a criminal record. 

If you ... AND you... THEN submit a police certificate from...
Are 16 years old or older Lived in your country of nationality for more than 6 months at any time in your life Your country of nationality

In this case maybe play the '''better safe than sorry'' and get the certificate even if it doesn't seem justified... I hope that it's an easy one to get! You could also try to call the NVC but from what I read, it looks like it require patience.

I will have 2 police certificate to submit, and I read above you got 4, I hope they don't require too much efforts... good luck!

Are you starting to gather all the documents needed then?

Edited by K-Kwette

1 hour ago, K-Kwette said:

In this case maybe play the '''better safe than sorry'' and get the certificate even if it doesn't seem justified... I hope that it's an easy one to get! You could also try to call the NVC but from what I read, it looks like it require patience.

I will have 2 police certificate to submit, and I read above you got 4, I hope they don't require too much efforts... good luck!

Are you starting to gather all the documents needed then?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I already got 2 of the 4 certificates I need. According to VJ timeline, I am expecting my case to be sent to NVC at the end of April/beginning of May, so wanted to be prepared. When are you planning to start gathering the docs?

Good luck to you!

Timeline
1 hour ago, TZM said:

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I already got 2 of the 4 certificates I need. According to VJ timeline, I am expecting my case to be sent to NVC at the end of April/beginning of May, so wanted to be prepared. When are you planning to start gathering the docs?

Good luck to you!

I'm not sure yet, since from what I read it looks like it's still one to two month wait after approval to get a case number assigned, I thought I would just start looking for the docs at this time.

I'm kind of unsure about the Affadit of Support as well, we've been travelling around the world with my husband for the past two years and before that, we were living together in Europe. He started a new job in the US last month, so he will be above the poverty line but wondering what to do with the tax thing (He didn't file last year). So I need to take some time to do some research on what's the best move here. We can have a co-sponsor but if not sure that's needed since his salary is going to be sufficient.

From what I saw, the police certificate(s) and tax transcripts are the ''hardest'' documents to get right? Beside that, it should be pretty easy documents to give (birth certificate and such?)

Good luck to you too, I think we have similar timeline ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.