Ghanaishere

K1 Visa and Administration processing

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Did he ask for the Passport back, normally they hang on to it if it is likely to be quick.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Why was he interviewed in Naples and not Ghana?

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

2 hours ago, Jenny17655 said:

So how would they print the visa in his passport if they gave his passport back to him?

They give the passport back when a case may take longer so 1. they don't have to keep track of it and 2. you may need it for travel during the waiting time. I think there is a #3 and that is some people just give up and either leave their passport at the Embassy for them to dispose of or they ask the Embassy to return it and that's an additional expense and procedure for the Embassy.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Did he ask for the Passport back, normally they hang on to it if it is likely to be quick.

No he was handed the passport back and he was told he will be contacted when the passport is needed. I think she knew it would be needed for the Ghanaian police certificate. Or? But they kept my original info and some of his.

Edited by Ghanaishere

4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

They give the passport back when a case may take longer so 1. they don't have to keep track of it and 2. you may need it for travel during the waiting time. I think there is a #3 and that is some people just give up and either leave their passport at the Embassy for them to dispose of or they ask the Embassy to return it and that's an additional expense and procedure for the Embassy.

I think since he has to go back to Ghana to get his police certificate he was given his passport. I don’t even know. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
9 hours ago, Ghanaishere said:

Hello everyone, so my fiancé had his interview in Naples on December 5th of 2018, he was asked about 5 questions and he answered all correctly. I did accompany him. After the interview, the CO handed out a white slip and said he needed his police certificate from Ghana too and also a filled out DS 5535. And lastly handed him over his passport. She said it would take about a week if all documents are submitted before a decision could be made. We checked the status and it says your case is currently under  administrative processing and if approved he will be contacted. I know it too soon but I wanted to know if any one has had this experience 💕

Hi I'm from sri Lanka I had interview on October 11th 

Had same problems with me interview was good co told me aprovel well after got yellow slip say hand over south Africa police clearness certificate I did on November 29th but embassy kept my passport already so still in AP Waiting sending emails no replay nothing just stress hope everything goes well 

Edited by Duncan & shif

5 hours ago, Duncan & shif said:

Hi I'm from sri Lanka I had interview on October 11th 

Had same problems with me interview was good co told me aprovel well after got yellow slip say hand over south Africa police clearness certificate I did on November 29th but embassy kept my passport already so still in AP Waiting sending emails no replay nothing just stress hope everything goes well 

It a bit stressing and not knowing your faith when if in AP, but let’s all hope and see how things goes. Just keep on praying.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
Just now, Ghanaishere said:

It a bit stressing and not knowing your faith when if in AP, but let’s all hope and see how things goes. Just keep on praying.

Yes dear I just got a email its say they are received my documents for AP N say the file with the officer for future review will contact when the case processes to the next step 

I don't how long more to wait 

Hope n pray 

17 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

Why was he interviewed in Naples and not Ghana?

He was interviewed in Naples because that’s where he is and not Ghana. They just needed a police certificate from Ghana because he’s Ghanaian and used to be there. So they couldn’t make a decision based on just the Italian police certificate 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
13 hours ago, Ghanaishere said:

I think since he has to go back to Ghana to get his police certificate he was given his passport. I don’t even know. 

He doesn't have to return to Ghana to obtain a police certificate. He can obtain one while living in another country. It's more expensive, but relatively quick. Let me know if you need the link & process, I'm happy to share as we had to obtain one from there while living abroad as well.

1 minute ago, Moon&Stars said:

He doesn't have to return to Ghana to obtain a police certificate. He can obtain one while living in another country. It's more expensive, but relatively quick. Let me know if you need the link & process, I'm happy to share as we had to obtain one from there while living abroad as well.

Yes we did it whiles here and he got it on Monday so we sent it in and they said they will let us know when the review is done. Just wondering how long it gonna take. She said 3-one week for him so don’t know. Are you Ghanaian?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ghanaishere said:

Yes we did it whiles here and he got it on Monday so we sent it in and they said they will let us know when the review is done. Just wondering how long it gonna take. She said 3-one week for him so don’t know. Are you Ghanaian?

My fiancé is Ghanaian. Sorry I can't help with how long it will take, but the general rule of thumb is that if they have your passport, it's a good sign. In general, patience is really needed for this whole process. Lots & lots of patience.

1 minute ago, Moon&Stars said:

My fiancé is Ghanaian. Sorry I can't help with how long it will take, but the general rule of thumb is that if they have your passport, it's a good sign. In general, patience is really needed for this whole process. Lots & lots of patience.

Aaw that’s very nice. Me and my fiancé are All Ghanaians. So now that he had his passport is it a bad sign?🥺🥺. And thank you. I know it a lot of patience💕🙏🏽🙏🏽

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.