JL2017

Cheapest way to send package/luggage from Philippines to US

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

We found Send My bag but quite expensive to be honest. We didn't bring much of her clothes thinking we can just buy here but we were having hard time buying clothes that would fit her so we thought of shipping her clothes from the Philippines to here instead. Can you recommend any?  Thanks.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

Feb 15, 2019   : Sent I-485 together with I-131 and I- 765

Jan 28, 2019   : Got married at the courthouse

Nov 15, 2018  :  Entered the USA

K1 JOURNEY

Nov 07, 2018   :  At 12nn, received Visa via door to door delivery

Nov 06, 2018   :  Out for delivery. Received email and text notification.

Nov 02, 2018   :  Called office and status changed to Issued

Oct 18, 2018    Status changed to Ready

Oct 16, 2018    :   NVC Left  ( Status is In Transit)

Oct 4&5, 2018 :   Completed medical at St. Lukes Medical Center

Oct 01,  2018   :   Paid visa fee at BPI, Filled DS-160, Registered online for St. Lukes medical

Sep 28, 2018   :   NVC case number over the phone

Sep 26, 2018   :   NVC received case (13 days from NOA2)

Sep 17, 2018   :   NOA2 hard copy received

Sep 13, 2018   :   NOA2 via email notification (192 days from NOA1)

Mar 08, 2018   :   NOA1 new website (https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/)

Mar 05, 2018   :   NOA1 old website (https://egov.uscis.gov)

Mar 01, 2018   :   I-129F Packet sent

3 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Just pay the extra baggage fee 

Find out what balakbayan shippers are in your area, I assume it's a 2 way thing. We send a large box 3-4 times per year Ohio to Mindanao, runs under $80 takes 2 months, if you plan ahead easy-peasy

16 hours ago, JL2017 said:

Hi,

We found Send My bag but quite expensive to be honest. We didn't bring much of her clothes thinking we can just buy here but we were having hard time buying clothes that would fit her so we thought of shipping her clothes from the Philippines to here instead. Can you recommend any?  Thanks.

i can relate with this post..as a small creature from Philippines i had trouble buying my own clothes too but there are some female section in Khols and in other stores where you can find a smaller size just a lil expensive sometime..if you find nothing go to kids section,its where i can usually find my size 😂 i dont mind it because even in the ph my first stop is always in kids section haha. just dont make fun of your love because its heart breaking, my husband always make fun of me😒but he was just being silly.. one more thing your love dont really need to ship her clothes from ph because weather in the US keep changing so she will just end up into keeping her clothes when she don't need to wear it. just saying. good luck 

Timeline
On 12/10/2018 at 1:32 PM, JL2017 said:

Hi,

Yeah, should have just paid the extra baggage fees (had to do same thing when my wife came $$$) but much cheaper then shipping. But hind-sight is always 20/20 right? lol.

I say do the balinkbayan box shipping because by the time she needs the summer cloths it will have arrived :) 

Ok on a side note...I have the opposite problem buying cloths in Philippines, I wear XL (don't judge I'm just big boned, haha). Good luck with your shipping and enjoy shopping in the kids section. 

3 minutes ago, javadown2 said:

Yeah, should have just paid the extra baggage fees (had to do same thing when my wife came $$$) but much cheaper then shipping. But hind-sight is always 20/20 right? lol.

I say do the balinkbayan box shipping because by the time she needs the summer cloths it will have arrived :) 

Ok on a side note...I have the opposite problem buying cloths in Philippines, I wear XL (don't judge I'm just big boned, haha). Good luck with your shipping and enjoy shopping in the kids section. 

Ukay-ukay is your friend big sizes are cheap no one else can wear them

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

So where exactly do the ukay-ukay cloths come from...hmm 

No I just had to buy a few changes of cloths when my luggage got some how "lost" didn't think about that option. 

3 minutes ago, javadown2 said:

So where exactly do the ukay-ukay cloths come from...hmm 

No I just had to buy a few changes of cloths when my luggage got some how "lost" didn't think about that option. 

Usually Korea, Japan, US, Europe, bought and sold in Manila by the pound, sold all over Pinas by the piece

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

I love ukay ukay.   My entire wardrobe that I left in the house came from there.  I think the most I paid for anything was 50 pesos 

YMMV

This thread made my wife smile.   We just got back from Bohol.  We took 4 bags of pasalubong plus our two personal bags.   I travel tons and get 3 checked bags each. That saved us a bunch.  Well we did have to pay on the ferry.  

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

9 hours ago, javadown2 said:

i hope i didnt misinterpret the "kids section" lol as a petite adult of course im not gonna wear a Barbie clothes 😂 there are alot of teenage clothes that could possibly wear by adults but if its not their choice there are some store who sells clothes for petite women(JCPenney,khol,other malls,and you can also order online) in my opinion it seems not worth it  to ship the clothes from Philippines to the US"specially if its only clothes?" if there are some precious materials its very understanding and worth it to try "balikbayan box" like what randy said.

It hard for me to find clothes in Philippines. Size 13 shoes wide.  Shirts can be found, but pants or jeans are tough to find.

If you ever purchased underwear in Philippines?  They are not large enough for your coinpurse.  And if you ever seen the jockey brand underwear in the malls, they are paper thin as well.

Another thing that is hard to find, is a motorcycle helmet.  They are made for a Philippines head, and quit small.  Next time in a mall or a motorbike shop try a motorcycle helmet on and see how it fits

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
13 hours ago, icanbenobody said:

i hope i didnt misinterpret the "kids section" lol as a petite adult of course im not gonna wear a Barbie clothes 😂 there are alot of teenage clothes that could possibly wear by adults but if its not their choice there are some store who sells clothes for petite women(JCPenney,khol,other malls,and you can also order online) in my opinion it seems not worth it  to ship the clothes from Philippines to the US"specially if its only clothes?" if there are some precious materials its very understanding and worth it to try "balikbayan box" like what randy said.

I kinda agree more with you, she will need lots more cold weather cloths so they will have to buy new.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.