josei27

Joint sponsorship

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Moses Bee said:

Well I suggested you can do it as you wished, but the very important of all is not to become a public charge that is why it been required.

I was thinking the same thing. Didnt think it would hurt if I have 2 people willing. 

BEST WISHES (L)(F)(L)

Timeline
20 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

For an IR-1/CR-1 case where there is only one beneficiary, there can only be one Joint Sponsor.  You can not use two Joint Sponsors for one beneficiary.  

Oh. 😔 I have to people willing, there are two places on form for 2 joint sponsors,  so I figured it couldn't hurt. 

BEST WISHES (L)(F)(L)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Moses Bee said:

I don't think it will have any hurt in your case , because I got the same two cosponsored on my case , my wife parents , her dad and her mom .

Were they done on two separate forms?

BEST WISHES (L)(F)(L)

You can have TWO if you want. My friend filed TWO joint sponsors for i130 in 2017, and was approved at the interview. Absolutely, NOT a problem! 🤗 She is happily married and living with her hubby here in Hawaii. Good luck! 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
6 hours ago, Moses Bee said:

I don't think it will have any hurt in your case , because I got the same two cosponsored on my case , my wife parents , her dad and her mom .

One parent was the Joint Sponsor who filed an I-864.  The other parent was a Household Member of the Joint Sponsor who filed an I-864a.  There was only one Joint Sponsor.

Timeline
1 hour ago, aaron2020 said:

One parent was the Joint Sponsor who filed an I-864.  The other parent was a Household Member of the Joint Sponsor who filed an I-864a.  There was only one Joint Sponsor.

Yes, that's the true picture.

8 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

Yes this works too! We just used my step dad for the I-864 because his income/assets were more than enough. We were gonna do it this way because my mom was obviously willing to sponsor as well but ultimately there wasn’t much point for us to have both when one was enough. If you have two that won’t hurt you. The only thing they care about is that you won’t become a public charge. Some people have faced more questions when their sponsors are not like immediate family (I.e friend) but again no problem. It’s actually really nice that you have two people willing to sponsor for you ☺️ A lot of people struggle to find one! You should be fine! Good luck ☺️

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is great. I was just getting ready to ask about this. My husband and 2 sons, 3 and 5, will be coming to join me. I will be sponsor, my mother - now a citizen,  will be a joint sponsor, and my stepfather will be household member of joint sponsor. Perfect, this is great. Thank you!

Edited by assila

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

I just lost my full time job a few days but, I'm still working my part time job that I started 3 months ago. With the part time job, I'm a couple thousands below poverty leval but my pay is slowly rising. I have a co-sponsor that's willing to help me to sponsor my fiance's in the meantime which is my mom and I know that I have to submit their tax transcripts alone with the affidavit of support. However, my parents filed their taxes jointly and my dad just recently passed away. My question is even though I'm still working part time and have a joint sponser, do I fill out the I134 form or the I864 form and my mom the I864A? Or is there another form that my mom needs to fill out because my dad is deceased and submit the death certificatewith that form? I'm trying to get prepared before we receive notification thar we can schedule my fiance's interview and I need some clarity.  Thanks in advance everyone 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.