Dashinka

Pelosi: Democrats Are Not Going To Fund Trump's "Immoral" Border Wall

90 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

Thanks, I couldn't remember your stance on the topic.  At the present moment, I think Keith is the only member who advocates for open borders.

Yes, we have many laws against illegal immigration.  Very similar to all the gun laws we have.  Sadly, no one seems able to put a dent in either problem.  More laws (or a wall) won't change much.  As an example, the illegal maid for Trump,  who admitted she is illegal, should be deported immediately.   Use her as an example, and work on the other 13 million, one or two at a time.

Hasn't the number of illegal entries across the southern border declined substantially since 2,000?

I think we have made progress, without a 30+ billion dollar wall. Someone suggested taking the money from defense. I'm cool with that. I see it as a waste of money so I just don't want money that could go to other things being spent on a wall. Defense? Sure whatever we spend too much on that anyway with little to show for it.

Filed: Timeline
48 minutes ago, bcking said:

Hasn't the number of illegal entries across the southern border declined substantially since 2,000?

I think we have made progress, without a 30+ billion dollar wall. Someone suggested taking the money from defense. I'm cool with that. I see it as a waste of money so I just don't want money that could go to other things being spent on a wall. Defense? Sure whatever we spend too much on that anyway with little to show for it.

So very easy to say, as long as no one is able to invade your country and rape your women and pillage your home, he?  I'm perfectly fine with keeping our defense levels high, and technology up to date.  We are free because of the soldiers, sailors, and airmen who get paid a fraction of what we do to risk their lives for us.

1 hour ago, Satisfied said:

So very easy to say, as long as no one is able to invade your country and rape your women and pillage your home, he?  I'm perfectly fine with keeping our defense levels high, and technology up to date.  We are free because of the soldiers, sailors, and airmen who get paid a fraction of what we do to risk their lives for us.

Are we really still "free" because of our military spending?

There are plenty of "free" countries who spend a fraction of what we spend.

We also spend three times more than China.

Are we really three times more "powerful"? 

Just don't think we get a lot of bang for buck 

Edited by bcking

3 hours ago, bcking said:

Not really

I see guys who get deported and they can make it back to Dallas in about 3 weeks, the Texas Mexico border is an open and empty net.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

14 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Not really

I see guys who get deported and they can make it back to Dallas in about 3 weeks, the Texas Mexico border is an open and empty net.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/11/28/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

3 hours ago, bcking said:

I'm the one who suggested that and I somewhat agree with some of what you are saying. I think a wall in some areas would be effective but we should employ other methods in other areas. I don't believe a wall is some magic solution though it could be a part of the solution. I agree that a lot of money is spent on wasteful and ineffective defense programs. However I believe we need to properly maintain the most dominant military force in the world if nothing else as a deterrent. What we should do in addition to a wall (which falls under defense so should come from the defense budget) is close some of (not all) our military bases around the world and reassign the troops at those bases to the border. We have no problem using our military to guard other nation's borders so why not our own?

3 hours ago, Satisfied said:

I don't have a problem with a large military budget as long as the funds are allocated properly. There was a recent audit that showed the Pentagon can't account for trillions of dollars. That is unacceptable to me. What I also have a problem with is no bid contracts to military contractors who charge massive amounts of money and give our troops junk that doesn't work properly. Not only does it put our national defense at risk but it puts troops lives at risk and that is unacceptable to me.

One thing I agree with is the military is underpaid. I have family and friends in the military and they don't get paid nearly enough for what they do. They are also treated like ####### at the VA (though I have been told things have improved since Trump got in). What we need to do is take some of the money the Pentagon is throwing away and give the troops a substantial raise and give veterans a card that they can present at any medical facility of their choosing and have their bill paid 100% by the government. That would get rid of some of the backlog at the VA and give veterans options that might be closer to where they live. These people are willing to sacrifice everything for this nation. It is the least we could do.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

1 minute ago, jg121783 said:

I'm the one who suggested that and I somewhat agree with some of what you are saying. I think a wall in some areas would be effective but we should employ other methods in other areas. I don't believe a wall is some magic solution though it could be a part of the solution. I agree that a lot of money is spent on wasteful and ineffective defense programs. However I believe we need to properly maintain the most dominant military force in the world if nothing else as a deterrent. What we should do in addition to a wall (which falls under defense so should come from the defense budget) is close some of (not all) our military bases around the world and reassign the troops at those bases to the border. We have no problem using our military to guard other nation's borders so why not our own?

I don't have a problem with a large military budget as long as the funds are allocated properly. There was a recent audit that showed the Pentagon can't account for trillions of dollars. That is unacceptable to me. What I also have a problem with is no bid contracts to military contractors who charge massive amounts of money and give our troops junk that doesn't work properly. Not only does it put our national defense at risk but it puts troops lives at risk and that is unacceptable to me.

One thing I agree with is the military is underpaid. I have family and friends in the military and they don't get paid nearly enough for what they do. They are also treated like ####### at the VA (though I have been told things have improved since Trump got in). What we need to do is take some of the money the Pentagon is throwing away and give the troops a substantial raise and give veterans a card that they can present at any medical facility of their choosing and have their bill paid 100% by the government. That would get rid of some of the backlog at the VA and give veterans options that might be closer to where they live. These people are willing to sacrifice everything for this nation. It is the least we could do.

There was a great panel conference a few years back in medicine reviewing why we spend so much, and breaking it down into categories.

Would love to see that for our military. Break it down into several categories of waste. Some of it is likely due to paying too much for products etc...

7 hours ago, bcking said:

A wall around a complex or a home is very different from a wall between two soverign nations.

It is quite depressing how difficult that is for some people to grasp.

Sadly a wall is an inanimate object that does not care about your depression.  

2 hours ago, bcking said:

Are we really still "free" because of our military spending?

There are plenty of "free" countries who spend a fraction of what we spend.

We also spend three times more than China.

Are we really three times more "powerful"? 

Just don't think we get a lot of bang for buck 

I was getting my 10000 steps In at the mall tonight while my wife was shopping.  There was a sign in a little clothing store, that had inexpensive but trendy, modern , young or whatever clothes and accessories. What did the sign read??

EBT NOW ACCEPTED. 

Speaking of waste run amok 

8 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

I dont care about that subject either, hope that does not add to your depression 

Maybe you should. Would maybe help you understand what goes on her a bit more perhaps, seeing as how you got confused with my previous post.

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, bcking said:

You may want to review sentence structure...

Other than a comma after the word sadly (but only for emphasis), what is the error(s) you see in that sentence?

2 hours ago, The Nature Boy said:

Sadly a wall is an inanimate object that does not care about your depression.  

48 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

Other than a comma after the word sadly (but only for emphasis), what is the error(s) you see in that sentence?

My comment was in reference to his apparent lack of comprehension regarding the sentence I wrote that he was quoting.

He seemed to think somehow that I thought a wall would care about my depression, which is not accurate based on how my sentence was written. It was written quite clearly. As I said, his confusion suggests he may want to review some of the English language.