Dashinka

Pelosi: Democrats Are Not Going To Fund Trump's "Immoral" Border Wall

90 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, refugee said:

Mexico will pay for the wall..

In the end they will

If they would just tax the heck of money remittance back to Mexico that would be a great start, or just limit it.

That would run many people out of her

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

In the end they will

If they would just tax the heck of money remittance back to Mexico that would be a great start, or just limit it.

That would run many people out of her

Why would the government of Mexico be compelled to do this?

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

1 hour ago, refugee said:

Why would the government of Mexico be compelled to do this?

It would a tax imposed by the US on US Dollars going back to Mexico and other places south of the border

They sent back $26 billion dollars in 2017

https://money.cnn.com/2018/01/02/news/economy/mexico-remittances/index.html

37 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

It would a tax imposed by the US on US Dollars going back to Mexico and other places south of the border

So even Mexicans living and working here legally should have their income, after taxes, taxed again if they choose to send it home?

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

So Mexico is not going to pay for it, it will be a tax on  transactions for funds leaving the country. 

Will you want to apply this tax on all wire transfers? What about other countries? 

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

1 hour ago, bcking said:

So even Mexicans living and working here legally should have their income, after taxes, taxed again if they choose to send it home?

They pay taxes on income earned? That's a new one on me.  Most if not all that work in the construction industry or landscaping get paid cash or a check and are 1099 and they never submit any taxes at the end of the year.

Yes it would be good to tax them on money sent back, We as US citizens have to pay taxes on everything, they should as well.

1 hour ago, refugee said:

So Mexico is not going to pay for it, it will be a tax on  transactions for funds leaving the country. 

Will you want to apply this tax on all wire transfers? What about other countries? 

I can live with it if it happens.

I say concentrate on money being sent back to North American and Central America and South America only.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

They pay taxes on income earned? That's a new one on me.  Most if not all that work in the construction industry or landscaping get paid cash or a check and are 1099 and they never submit any taxes at the end of the year.

Yes it would be good to tax them on money sent back, We as US citizens have to pay taxes on everything, they should as well.

But your plan is going to tax US citizens as well. US citizens also send money back to their families.

1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

I was talking about people here legally, who are already paying taxes. I think the issue you are describing has more to do with tightening restrictions on employers finding ways around taxes by paying under the table.

I've said before here I think one of the most effective way to curb illegal immigration would be to strictly clamp down on employers who give them jobs. If there is no way to make a living here, less people will come.

I was talking more about Mexicans with a green card or other legal visas to work  who send money home. Their money had already been taxed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 hours ago, JimandChristy said:

Don't bother it'll be a complete waste of money. People will just go over, under and around the wall. It would be nothing more than an expensive glorified Maginot Line.

given that logic, i suppose we don't need to bother putting one around a prison either.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

I can live with it if it happens.

I say concentrate on money being sent back to North American and Central America and South America only.

If you tax your outgoing funds at 10% you will take 30 years to save up the money so we will need to increase the national debt to cover the construction. If you can make the 10% tax stick you will have enough money to cover the interest do you are good there, for now.

Over time, assuming that you are taxing undocumented workers, and that your wall idea works, the funds going back will dry up and you have succeeded in drying up your revenue to cover the interest and the taxes impact only LPR and US Citizens sending money back to friends and family, some to provide education, medicine, supplemental food and humanitarian relief like from the earthquake last year.

So to summarize,

We have a plan to destroy the environment around the Rio Grande, Tax Americans, Increase the national debt and take food out of the mouths of some of the poorest people in the hemisphere. That is a government scheme at it's finest.

Good job team! 

Now who will maintain the wall?

52 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

given that logic, i suppose we don't need to bother putting one around a prison either.

Unless you are proposing we surround Mexico with a wall and don't allow any entry or exit, the logic really isn't the same.

52 minutes ago, refugee said:

If you tax your outgoing funds at 10% you will take 30 years to save up the money so we will need to increase the national debt to cover the construction. If you can make the 10% tax stick you will have enough money to cover the interest do you are good there, for now.

Over time, assuming that you are taxing undocumented workers, and that your wall idea works, the funds going back will dry up and you have succeeded in drying up your revenue to cover the interest and the taxes impact only LPR and US Citizens sending money back to friends and family, some to provide education, medicine, supplemental food and humanitarian relief like from the earthquake last year.

So to summarize,

We have a plan to destroy the environment around the Rio Grande, Tax Americans, Increase the national debt and take food out of the mouths of some of the poorest people in the hemisphere. That is a government scheme at it's finest.

Good job team! 

Now who will maintain the wall?

But we'll have a wall, and it will be glorious. We'll have no illegal immigration, poverty will be solved, white people will feel powerful again. It'll bring us back to happier times.

:rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 minutes ago, bcking said:

Unless you are proposing we surround Mexico with a wall and don't allow any entry or exit, the logic really isn't the same.

are you suggesting mexicans belong in prison?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

8 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

are you suggesting mexicans belong in prison?

You were comparing putting a wall up on our border to a prison wall. You, my good friend, made the connection. Well, attempted to make a connection. I was merely pointing out how it fails horribly.

You also would have had the answer to your question if you had actually read the sentence you quoted. That should be a bare minimum requirement when you quote something, but I guess nobody is "perfect".