Jump to content
Sandy05

Saudi won't give police certificate

30 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has run into this problem before. My fiance is a Jordanian national, living in Jordan, with an active residency in Saudi Arabia. His interview for the K1 is in two weeks. We have tried to no avail to get the required police certificate from Saudi but they have given us a hard time. At first the Saudi embassy told us they do not give this document out. We checked with the US embassy and they told us that he does need it because his resident status there is still active. We went back and forth with the Saudi embassy and even showed them the email from the US embassy. We were told they want an official letter from the US embassy requesting it before they will give us the police certificate. We again tried contacting the US embassy and have yet to hear back. Interview date is approaching, I can't push back the interview as the NOA2 expires early January and the next available date for an interview is in February. I called the customer service number to try to get some help with no luck. The lady told me to wait until I hear back via email. Has anyone gone to the interview without one of the required documents? Will this cause the visa to get denied? We have a couple of days left before we have to send in his packet to the US embassy. What should we do?

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can you be a resident of two countries?

 

According to the DOS, police clearances are unavailable for third country nationals who no longer reside in the kingdom.   They are also unavailable for third country nationals who are not legal residents 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

How can you be a resident of two countries?

 

According to the DOS, police clearances are unavailable for third country nationals who no longer reside in the kingdom.   They are also unavailable for third country nationals who are not legal residents 

He has what is called an "iqameh" which translates to "legal stay" in Saudi. His father works there but his family also has a home in Jordan so they go back and forth usually staying in Jordan in the summers and in Saudi the rest of the year. A lot of people in Jordan have resident status in Saudi as well if their families work there and live there most of the time. So technically he is still considered to reside in the kingdom, because his resident status is still active even though he lives in Jordan most of the year and only goes to Saudi to visit his parents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sandy05 said:

He has what is called an "iqameh" which translates to "legal stay" in Saudi. His father works there but his family also has a home in Jordan so they go back and forth usually staying in Jordan in the summers and in Saudi the rest of the year. A lot of people in Jordan have resident status in Saudi as well if their families work there and live there most of the time. So technically he is still considered to reside in the kingdom, because his resident status is still active even though he lives in Jordan most of the year and only goes to Saudi to visit his parents. 

You are over thinking.   Just because he has a residency card doesn't mean he has a residence in the kingdom, his residence is in Jordan.   By your own explanation he does not.   The us embassy will likely not give you the letter because they are not doing the interview 

 

In the end, it is unavailable to him and therefore it is not required for his interview in Jordan 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

You are over thinking.   Just because he has a residency card doesn't mean he has a residence in the kingdom, his residence is in Jordan.   By your own explanation he does not.   The us embassy will likely not give you the letter because they are not doing the interview 

 

In the end, it is unavailable to him and therefore it is not required for his interview in Jordan 

Im sorry but we are very confused. We originally thought the same as you, that he does not need a police certificate for the same reasons you gave. But the US embassy in Jordan, the one who will be doing the visa interview, told us that he does need it. We don't know what to do. The US embassy says yes, because the resident status is active and he lived there when he was younger, he is required to provide it. The Saudi embassy says no, they will not give it without a letter requesting it. My main concern, can he go to the interview without it? What will happen? Will they waive the requirement or can they deny the visa based on the missing paper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sandy05 said:

Im sorry but we are very confused. We originally thought the same as you, that he does not need a police certificate for the same reasons you gave. But the US embassy in Jordan, the one who will be doing the visa interview, told us that he does need it. We don't know what to do. The US embassy says yes, because the resident status is active and he lived there when he was younger, he is required to provide it. The Saudi embassy says no, they will not give it without a letter requesting it. My main concern, can he go to the interview without it? What will happen? Will they waive the requirement or can they deny the visa based on the missing paper?

If it is truly required they will issue a 221g requesting it


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HU87 said:

Only the Crime Branch Division Police Station in the respective Saudi district will issue it after the appropriate steps are taken: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/SaudiArabia.html

We spoke to them as well. They require a letter from the US embassy, which is where the problem started as the US embassy will not give us this letter requesting the form. We are stuck in the middle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sandy05 said:

We spoke to them as well. They require a letter from the US embassy, which is where the problem started as the US embassy will not give us this letter requesting the form. We are stuck in the middle. 

Do you have documentation of the refusal?  If so, this would be good ammunition to get it waived 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Do you have documentation of the refusal?  If so, this would be good ammunition to get it waived 

No, unfortunately it was said to my fiance when he spoke to them. But I emailed the support us travel service that is supposed to have the embassy respond to me so maybe I can get it in writing. Thank you for the idea. If they put it in writing I'll have my fiance print it out and bring it with him to his interview as proof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sandy05 said:

No, unfortunately it was said to my fiance when he spoke to them. But I emailed the support us travel service that is supposed to have the embassy respond to me so maybe I can get it in writing. Thank you for the idea. If they put it in writing I'll have my fiance print it out and bring it with him to his interview as proof. 

Here's the rub.  According to the website,   The letter for the PC needs to come from the embassy in Saudi .  Is this who gave you the refusal?


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Here's the rub.  According to the website,   The letter for the PC needs to come from the embassy in Saudi .  Is this who gave you the refusal?

No, the US embassy in Jordan originally did. His father is in Saudi and asked the Crime branch police department that issues it. They said since he is not currently in Saudi and the interview is in Jordan they want it from the US embassy where the interview will be which is the one in Jordan. It's a total catch-22. Half the people we talk to don't seem to know their own rules that are posted on their websites.. Im so frustrated  :( 

Edited by Sandy05
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sandy05 said:

No, the US embassy in Jordan originally did. His father is in Saudi and asked the Crime branch police department that issues it. They said since he is not currently in Saudi and the interview is in Jordan they want it from the US embassy where the interview will be which is the one in Jordan. It's a total catch-22. Half the people we talk to don't seem to know their own rules that are posted on their websites.. Im so frustrated  :( 

Good luck as I have exhausted my ideas


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can't the P3 letter where it states the requirement of a police certificate is needed for the interview. It's normally official as it contains the embassy seal. Thoughts?

Edited by Greenbaum

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×