2,915 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

Congrats on your EAD approval! 🎉 Is it a new EAD or a renewal? And did you do biometrics? I filed my EAD renewal based on my pending I485 last August 2018, and I’m still waiting. 

My first EAD from VAWA based case. 

I had biometrics back in September, maybe 2 weeks after they received my application. 

4 hours ago, sandranj said:

Uscis is issuing automatically the work permit(C31) AFTER Vawa approval.

Hello, I have Recieved my ead c31 on Monday. No approval letter yet.

17 July 2017 is the date they Recieved i-360 ( I only sent I-360) and I Recieved three Prima facie. No update until last Tuesday and now I have card in hand. 

I didn’t know the process of vawa and timeline, in April I sent I-485, I-765 and I-131 with fee waivers. I got receipt on 21 May 2018 bio for I-765 and I-485 June 29

Only update is I-485 we have Recieved your case at our local office. I asked my lawyer if the card means my vawa  is approved and she said no. Any thoughts?

Edited by 9991995

16 minutes ago, 9991995 said:

17 July 2017 is the date they Recieved i-360 ( I only sent I-360) and I Recieved three Prima facie. No update until last Tuesday and now I have card in hand. 

I didn’t know the process of vawa and timeline, in April I sent I-485, I-765 and I-131 with fee waivers. I got receipt on 21 May 2018 bio for I-765 and I-485 June 29

Only update is I-485 we have Recieved your case at our local office. I asked my lawyer if the card means my vawa  is approved and she said no. Any thoughts?

If the working permit in hand says category c31, then your vawa has been approved. Some lawyers are not that informed about vawa. Congrats. 

7 minutes ago, Yollande said:

If the working permit in hand says category c31, then your vawa has been approved. Some lawyers are not that informed about vawa. Congrats. 

Yes the card I have is c31. When should I expect an approval letter? And what will happen to my pending I-765 and I-131?

is there a different way to receive advance parole with an approved vawa?  I hope the card means it’s approved. 

11 minutes ago, 9991995 said:

Yes the card I have is c31. When should I expect an approval letter? And what will happen to my pending I-765 and I-131?

is there a different way to receive advance parole with an approved vawa?  I hope the card means it’s approved. 

Then your approval letter and deferred action will be mail to you sooner or later. I-485 will be transferred to local office. If ur lucky an ead C09 will be mail with your combo card. Pls pay close attention to your case and follow ups. It's clear your lawyer doesn't know much abt vawa. Goodluck.

1 hour ago, 9991995 said:

Congratulations 🤣🤣

When your i485 was sent to local office means it is in the list for GC interview.

5 hours ago, sandranj said:

Last week one girl reentered without problem using the AP. She was illegal here since 2014. She doesn’t have the VAWA approved yet .The first POE officer told her to see another officer and it was fast and without any problem.

I being illegal since 2003, my i485 still pending from my previous petition with my husband October 2017, and also my I360 i filled June 2018, I  traveled on February 2018 for 13 days came back, and i traveled again Last week and stay for 6 days in my home country using my combo card EAD + Advanced parole, JFK Airport NYC both times,  when you enter POE will send you to a second screening security check, they may ask you some questions in my case the first time i traveled no questions were asked. This week when i reenter they only ask me for my address and full name.... after that the POE Stamp my passport... both times took less than 10mins 

Edited by FeDaniela

6 hours ago, sandranj said:

If you have a pending AOS why did your attorney file a new one? This kind of mess is caused by incompetent attorneys.You will have the interview regarding the one mentioned in the letter .

Once the officer finds out you have a new  pending AOS he will deny the old one . Make sure your attorney tells the officer not to issue the notice to appear in Court to set up your removal from the Country,.Since last week all AOS and Vawa denied will receive the notice to appear in.court..I saw just two cases the officer continued the AOS interview regarding the  old AOS and said the person won’t be interviewed again.

Thanks Sandra .. Okay I understand Now what you said ..  I am sorry , I just have last questions please .

1-On the approval notice for i 360 priority date they are using the date which i130 filed is that Normal ?  when I filled up the application for I 360 I type I 485 still pending (the pervious case from marriage ) .

2-Let say I get interview appointment based on pervious 485 could I ask the officer to AOS based on pervious 485 and I ask him to withdrawal the new case ? 

3-How long it takes to receive biometric appointment after filing the case should I counting from the date which they received the case or date of recipient notice ? Thanks again .

Edited by xoxox

13 hours ago, Ilo said:

1. If you fire your lawyer, you can represent yourself if you want to, I couldn't afford a lawyer and the pro bono attorney I met told me it will take her 6months to put everything together, so I decided to do everything myself and by God's grace I was approved.

2. Yes he can cancel your marriage petition at any time but not your vawa, your spouse can not deport you, uscis will not listen to him.

3. If you have filled another i-485, then the one based on marriage will be denied and you are not eligible for ead based on that marriage petition. Your attorney is clearly not knowledgeable about vawa, you are eligible to file for ead since your spouse is a usc, but you must have a pending i-485 and choose c09.

Thank you for your reply! and congratulations on your approval. 
 By pending I-485, do you mean that if someone received the "Notice of Action" for I-485?

So I can apply for my EAD renewal based o nay new I-485, however my EAD is issued based on my old I-485?

9 hours ago, xoxox said:

Almost same situation . when I filed new 485 based on vawa approval only I got receipt notice it been almost 3 months now , but I didn't get any letter regarding biometric , Nothing .. After I filed New 485 I got letter from USCIS regarding my pervious 485 based on marriage (courtesy letter for I 693 exam ) they said is completed over year and need to get new i 693 if I Receive interview notice or RFE and they sent this letter to my attorney ( He never filed anything for the pervious 485 marriage case at all ) How they sent this letter to lawyer office that's i Don't know , plus we never ask USCIS to transfer or to do anything about pervious 485 .

My concern Now I never received any letter regarding my new 485 for biometric it been almost 3 Months Now.

I am wondering My next interview is going to be based on my pervious 485 which still pending or new 485 based on vawa approval ? If I get interview based on pervious 485 ( we are already divorced now)  I would be able to See officer or they will refuse and prevent me to meet with officer for the interview ?  I am try to ask @sandranj about this Matter but I didn't get answer .

According to your story, USCIS did not deny your old I-485, when they received your new I-485?

What is the status of your old I-485?

1 hour ago, xoxox said:

Thanks Sandra .. Okay I understand Now what you said ..  I am sorry , I just have last questions please .

1-On the approval notice for i 360 priority date they are using the date which i130 filed is that Normal ?  when I filled up the application for I 360 I type I 485 still pending (the pervious case from marriage ) .

2-Let say I get interview appointment based on pervious 485 could I ask the officer to AOS based on pervious 485 and I ask him to withdrawal the new case ? 

3-How long it takes to receive biometric appointment after filing the case should I counting from the date which they received the case or date of recipient notice ? Thanks again .

Can I ask you, what is the status of your old I-485? Was your ex-spouse a citizen?

59 minutes ago, Par.Hast said:

Thank you for your reply! and congratulations on your approval. 
 By pending I-485, do you mean that if someone received the "Notice of Action" for I-485?

So I can apply for my EAD renewal based o nay new I-485, however my EAD is issued based on my old I-485?

You can apply for a new EAD based on your new i-485, your attorney should have asked uscis to put your old i-485 on hold instead of filling a new one, even if you renew based on the old i-485, if it is denied because you now  have two i-485, your EAD will be voided. So I advice you file a new EAD based on the new i-485.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.