Sarge2155

December 2018 I-129F (K1) Filers

866 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Thank you for updating your timeline, but you may want to change the Consulate  to Manila and the service center to California service center. Yes your hard copy NOA1 should arrive in a week or so. Congrats.

I think all of you here are my new best friends. 

Thank you so much

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just dropping a Hi to all the new December filers.  I am back from my New Years trip to see my man and just booked a trip in March.  Hoping that having something to look forward to will help pass the time.  Positive vibes to all!

Kim

22 hours ago, Brianm said:

I think all of you here are my new best friends. 

Thank you so much

Welcome Brianm to the thread. Ask any questions you may have, lots of people here to help.

Can you please complete your profile. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I had trouble finding this thread but luckily Greenbaum showed me where it was!!! 

I'm the petitioner in Washington, DC.  My fiance is from Espirito Santo, Brazil.  I'm off to a rough start because my package got delayed by USPS in the mail, and then I waited a week and a half for the text message and for my check to be cashed.  Still no hard copy NOA1.  It seems like things have gone generally must more quickly/smoothly for everyone else so far.  I am REALLY hoping the rest of my process has less delays but I know a lot of it comes down to luck.  Here's my timeline so far:

December 17, 2018 - Packet mailed

December 24, 2018 - NOA1 date on web site

January 2, 2019 - Check cashed/text message received

Good luck to all!!!

Packet Mailed - December 17, 2018

NOA1 Date on old USCIS web site - December 24, 2018

NOA1 Date on new USCIS web site - December 29, 2018

NOA1 Receipt Date on Hard Copy - December 31, 2018

Check cashed/NOA1 text message received - January 2, 2019

NOA1 Hard Copy - Received in mail on January 10, 2019

NOA 2 Hard Copy - April 9, 2019 (no updates on web sites)

30 minutes ago, KM Cam said:

I had trouble finding this thread but luckily Greenbaum showed me where it was!!! 

I'm the petitioner in Washington, DC.  My fiance is from Espirito Santo, Brazil.  I'm off to a rough start because my package got delayed by USPS in the mail, and then I waited a week and a half for the text message and for my check to be cashed.  Still no hard copy NOA1.  It seems like things have gone generally must more quickly/smoothly for everyone else so far.  I am REALLY hoping the rest of my process has less delays but I know a lot of it comes down to luck.  Here's my timeline so far:

Good luck to all!!!

You can add a signature box to your profile that will "announce" to those want to know your status without visiting your timeline. Add the timeline to your signature.

Go up to the top of the page and select your "name". In the drop down box choose "account settings" then on the left column select signature and scroll down and add your information. Now others will have a quick idea where you are in the process.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, KM Cam said:

Good luck to all!!!

Just a little rough patch, you'll be fine, it won't have a bearing on how your application is processed. Congrats on the submission of your petition. I'm sure your journey will be smooth.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Hi everyone just a quick question. My petitioner doesn't have a US passport so we weren't able to include that on our i129f packet. It was actually me who visited him in the US twice before we file for the K1 and I submitted all the evidence on my end (my passport, tourist visa, stamps, i94, bording passes etc...) 

Question: is it okay that my petitioner only submitted his birth certificate as proof of his citizenship? He will eventually get a passport maybe next month.

Thanks for all your feedback :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone :)

I mailed the K1 on December 29, 2018...received the text message for NOA1 on December 31, 2018. I'm really hoping that is a good sign! Really looking forward to a speedy approval. Will update.

13 minutes ago, Ladyfinn said:

Hi everyone just a quick question. My petitioner doesn't have a US passport so we weren't able to include that on our i129f packet. It was actually me who visited him in the US twice before we file for the K1 and I submitted all the evidence on my end (my passport, tourist visa, stamps, i94, bording passes etc...) 

Question: is it okay that my petitioner only submitted his birth certificate as proof of his citizenship? He will eventually get a passport maybe next month.

Thanks for all your feedback :)

The requirements  are to submit a valid passport or a birth certificate  to prove your US citizenship, he will be fine. I would recommend though that he get one at his earliest  convenience.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

8 minutes ago, Amberkay said:

Hi everyone :)

I mailed the K1 on December 29, 2018...received the text message for NOA1 on December 31, 2018. I'm really hoping that is a good sign! Really looking forward to a speedy approval. Will update.

Congrats and welcome to the thread hopefully ur process will be speedy. If you have not done so already please update your time line.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline

Hello hoping someone can help with this. I will be selling my house next month and traveling was wondering should I use my Fathers address while traveling since I wont have a permanent address while I am traveling? Do you think that it will cause a RFE being that I will not have a fixed address for several months?

TIA Mark

3 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

Hello hoping someone can help with this. I will be selling my house next month and traveling was wondering should I use my Fathers address while traveling since I wont have a permanent address while I am traveling? Do you think that it will cause a RFE being that I will not have a fixed address for several months?

TIA Mark

No. They don't even consider items of that nature. change your address to your Fathers and go travel.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

No. They don't even consider items of that nature. change your address to your Fathers and go travel.

Thanks I will do that Hopefully help keep my mind off the process, and enjoy life a little.

43 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

TIA Mark

Welcome to the thread!!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.