Clark C

I 134 where to send it?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I just heard from the Nat. Visa  Center that they are sending my K1 application to the U.S Embassy in Jakarta.  Where do I send the I-134 affidavit of support to?  My fiancee?  The embassy?  Also, do I have to send 3 separate affidavits  for my fiancee and dependent children, or is one sufficient?  One last question I started the I-134 application a while back, but the current version expires 11/30/18.  Will I need to start a new one or will the one I have already started be grandfathered in? 

It's sent to the fiancee to present at the interview.

The form does not expire. That's the OMB expiration date for comment.

You do need to have the latest form, though. That is the one with Edition Date (lower left corner) of 11/30/16.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

In my i129-f I provided three years of IRS transcripts. 

I prepared an I-134 for my fiancée to provide at the interview.  The embassy appointment email said nothing about an I-134 or financials. 

She will take it anyway.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mike E said:

I

She will take it anyway.  

she HAS to take it. the i 134 and ALL supporting evidence.

unless you want a 221G for the information and to drag the process out longer.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
12 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

she HAS to take it. the i 134 and ALL supporting evidence.

unless you want a 221G for the information and to drag the process out longer.

As I said, she will take it anyway. Even though form I-134 expires today and no replacement on uscis.gov. If a new one shows up, we will do our best to fill it out. I'm thinking of bring portable ink jet printer to Yangon in case the new form shows up the morning of her interview. We take this process very seriously; that's why I sent her to Singapore to get finger prints and police cert versus trying to navigate the Myanmar post system.

Regardless, is what the embassy told her to bring:

Dear Iris,

Thank you for your email regarding to the appointment date. You are scheduled to come for the  immigrant visa interview on [redacted] at the U.S. Embassy in Rangoon, Burma. 

Please note that you will need to bring your medical exam results on the day of your interview. If you cannot come for the interview for any reason, please let us know.

After reviewing your case, you are required to bring the following documents on your interview date.

Additional form [this a form specific to this embassy and specific to Myanmar]
Visa fees ($265)
Two Photos (2 x2 inches with white background and without glasses)
Original and English notarized police Certificate from redacted [where she lives currently]
Any relationship proof such as the photos with the petitioner
Original passport Original
English notarized birth cert (or )
Original and English notarized letter from health department
Original and English notarized copy of identity card

As you can see, no I-134. Or other financial evidence. Or the other 4 police certs she was told to get when the Embassy first emailed us.

I completed my N-400 process in 2018, so I suspect the embassy knows my financials.

I'm wagering that they won't ask for the I-134, my divorce decree, my tax return, the other police certs, or anything else they didn't ask for in this last email.

I'm also wagering that the I-134 form is going to be retired today.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Mike E said:

As I said, she will take it anyway. Even though form I-134 expires today and no replacement on uscis.gov. If a new one shows up, we will do our best to fill it out. I'm thinking of bring portable ink jet printer to Yangon in case the new form shows up the morning of her interview. We take this process very seriously; that's why I sent her to Singapore to get finger prints and police cert versus trying to navigate the Myanmar post system.

As you can see, no I-134. Or other financial evidence. Or the other 4 police certs she was told to get when the Embassy first emailed us.

I completed my N-400 process in 2018, so I suspect the embassy knows my financials.

I'm wagering that they won't ask for the I-134, my divorce decree, my tax return, the other police certs, or anything else they didn't ask for in this last email.

I'lltake that wager.  Pay up.  OMB expiration is NOT form expiration .

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

1. The form doesn't expire. As payxibka noted, it is an OMB related deadline. The form is still applicable. 

2. N-400 is USCIS. The interview and visa is the Dept of State. They don't have your financial info. 

3. Have you looked at the embassy's website? It is a bit more informative than the e-mail:

https://mm.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

• Gather the Required Documents and Complete the Medical Exam 
  1. Additional Form If you are a third country national (not a citizen of Burma) applying for a nonimmigrant or immigrant visa, the additional form listing family members and occupations is not required.
  2. Passport(s): Original and one (1) photocopy, valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States.
  3. Photographs: Two (2) 2×2 photographs, on a white background, no older than 6 months, no glasses. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements.
  4. Birth Certificate:Original birth certificate and notarized translation, plus one photocopy of each document.
  5. Marriage/Divorce/Death Certificate:Original certificates and notarized translation, plus one photocopy of each document. If you do not have marriage/divorce/death certificate required, click here for more information.
  6. Police Certificate:Original certificate and notarized translation, plus one photocopy. Police certificates must be obtained from each Myanmar Township where you have resided for six month or more past the age of 16, and all other countries you have resided for over one year.  For persons residing overseas, the most practical way to obtain the certificate is through close relatives or friends still in Burma.
  7. Evidence of Support: Form I-134, Affidavit of Support from the petitioner/U.S. sponsor, Internal Revenue Service Tax form 1040 dating back 1 year, W2, bank balance, and current employment letter.
  8. Court Records: If applicable. Please submit the original document, a notarized translation, and one photocopy of each.
  9. Adoption Decree:If applicable. Please submit the original document, a notarized translation, and one photocopy of each
  10. Military Records:If applicable. Please submit the original records, a notarized translation, and one photocopy of each.
  11. Evidence of relationship with your U.S. Citizen fiancé
  12. Medical Report: Before a visa can be issued, every applicant, regardless of age, must undergo a medical examination which must be performed by an authorized panel physician.  Please contact the following clinic to schedule your examination:

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.