Sarry08

SLEC Dreaded Medical Examination

68 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Thought I had was - what IF the embassy were to limit K-1 to specific day/days of the week ... no more sorting people by visa type outside before checking them in.

Seems inconceivable based on the appointment stagger to do upwards of 50 interviews in 30 minutes.   I don't know how many windows they have or what the manpower level that would be needed but it appears quite ambitious on the surface 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

One CO can do 12 interviews per hour if the wheels "stay greased"

Just trying to live up to the k-1 visa factory reputation, I guess

YMMV

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 11/29/2018 at 11:51 AM, lovemeow said:

YES, i know. TB kills. I'm a Nurse in Infectious Ward, most of my patients are Active TB, i handled and cared for ALL kinds of TB. But I just feel frustrated how SLEC assess the applicants. As a Nurse (especially for Infectious Department), i am having my X-Ray, doing all kinds of Swabs (Nose, Throat and Sputum) every month and numerous Vaccines as a saftey protocol and I have always been tested Negative in bloods with CLEAR Xrays, with High Immunity... then coming to SLEC, suddenly something appeared in my X-Ray. I felt frustrated thinking maybe I have acquired the TB already, when I asked the Doctor in SLEC a lot of questions, she said while looking at my file, "OH, YOU'RE A NURSE, NO WONDER", I  dont know what she meant by saying that... is it just because I'm a Nurse and they're expecting me to be tested or is it just why am i asking too many questions... because i was staring at my X-Ray when she showed it to me and I cant see anything but then she said, " Maybe you had TB without you knowing. Anyways, bigger chances you'll be Negative and just wait 2 months"... with that kind of answerfrom their doctor it was very unprofessional so I don't trust them at all

but then I have nothing else to do but comply...

Coming here to US, I did an X-ray and Sputum exam after 2 weeks of my arrival, and it was very CLEAR... The US doctor (from Public Health) said, my lungs are perfect... then I showed my CD Xray results from SLEC... the doctor said there's nothing and wondered.. he even told me "It's funny how the results of your Medical in your country came out" 😀

Hello - When in US, did you also have to do a blood exam? Did the results of the sputum test take same amount (2 months) to be completed ?

Edited by adar24

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, adar24 said:

Hello - When in US, did you also have to do a blood exam? Did the results of the sputum test take same amount (2 months) to be completed ?

Hi.. I arrived here in US (June 1, 2018) and after a week here, I received a call from the Public Health Clinic and scheduled me for an appointment with them (June 22) They had me do a blood test for TB, Chest Xray and Sputum exam (for 3 days, which they let me take home the 3 Sputum bottles, do the Sputum thing every morning and keep it in the fridge and come back to them on the third day- June 25), and as a protocol, they had me do a HIV exam (pricked my finger for a drop of blood and had the results in a minute) and yes, results came after 2 months. They called me (August 23) to inform me it was Negative and asked me to come to the clinic to have my Medical records cleared for TB.

1 minute ago, lovemeow said:

Hi.. I arrived here in US (June 1, 2018) and after a week here, I received a call from the Public Health Clinic and scheduled me for an appointment with them (June 22) They had me do a blood test for TB, Chest Xray and Sputum exam (for 3 days, which they let me take home the 3 Sputum bottles, do the Sputum thing every morning and keep it in the fridge and come back to them on the third day- June 25), and as a protocol, they had me do a HIV exam (pricked my finger for a drop of blood and had the results in a minute) and yes, results came after 2 months. They called me (August 23) to inform me it was Negative and asked me to come to the clinic to have my Medical records cleared for TB.

Thanks lovemeow - very much appreciate the quick response. Some additional questions, if you don't mind. Did you see a Dr at the Public Health Clinic or just the technicians did all the tests? Does the Dr also do other physical exams/questions, etc? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, adar24 said:

Thanks lovemeow - very much appreciate the quick response. Some additional questions, if you don't mind. Did you see a Dr at the Public Health Clinic or just the technicians did all the tests? Does the Dr also do other physical exams/questions, etc? 

Yes.. at my first appointment only a Nurse Case Manager saw me and gave me instructions and the paper requests for the procedures (Sputum, blood and Xrays) which I had to do in a Private Diagnostic Clinic nearby  where only technicians did it, though a Radiology doctor was there to see my Xrays and compared it with my previous Xrays (from my medical visa screening from home prior to my interview) and all diagnostics was free.... after a week, they called me about my TB blood results and Xrays and wait for 2 months more... so after 2 months when the results were all in, they called me to come and it was the Public Health Doctor who saw me ( explained all the results, showed me my Xrays and did some physical exams and questions) 

Edited by lovemeow

1 hour ago, lovemeow said:

Yes.. at my first appointment only a Nurse Case Manager saw me and gave me instructions and the paper requests for the procedures (Sputum, blood and Xrays) which I had to do in a Private Diagnostic Clinic nearby  where only technicians did it, though a Radiology doctor was there to see my Xrays and compared it with my previous Xrays (from my medical visa screening from home prior to my interview) and all diagnostics was free.... after a week, they called me about my TB blood results and Xrays and wait for 2 months more... so after 2 months when the results were all in, they called me to come and it was the Public Health Doctor who saw me ( explained all the results, showed me my Xrays and did some physical exams and questions) 

Thanks so much. This is very helpful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.