Sarry08

SLEC Dreaded Medical Examination

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Maeph said:

how did u checked those available slots.? so that means interview date is only done every Thursday?

No.  Interview dates are offered everyday of the week that the embassy is open.    If a certain day of the week is void of openings that only means those slots have been taken already

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

No.  Interview dates are offered everyday of the week that the embassy is open.    If a certain day of the week is void of openings that only means those slots have been taken already

Ohhh I thought it's only every Thursdays of the month...so meaning interview conducted every Mondays to Fridays for k1 visa is that so

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Maeph said:

Ohhh I thought it's only every Thursdays of the month...so meaning interview conducted every Mondays to Fridays for k1 visa is that so

Yes.   

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

It's possible they just haven't opened up the other days yet. It would be very odd for them to suddenly switch from 5 days a week to 1.

Edit: Or maybe Thursday was blocked out and just opened up.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, geowrian said:

It's possible they just haven't opened up the other days yet. It would be very odd for them to suddenly switch from 5 days a week to 1.

Edit: Or maybe Thursday was blocked out and just opened up.

They opened more than 100 Slots for each day (1.27 had 98 available when we booked) which is sufficient for a weeks worth of interviews 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

They opened more than 100 Slots for each day (1.27 had 98 available when we booked) which is sufficient for a weeks worth of interviews 

Next question is "How?". How would they do a week's worth of interviews in a day?

I thought that number was high for the open slots available, but they would have to basically take over sets of windows and have much more staff available handling IV cases to do this.

Very odd.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
Just now, geowrian said:

Next question is "How?". How would they do a week's worth of interviews in a day?

I thought that number was high for the open slots available, but they would have to basically take over sets of windows and have much more staff available handling IV cases to do this.

Very odd.

As you can see, there are changes in the wind.  December 27 has 5 time slots but January openings are down to two

image.png.62bfce70b2282cd903eec0925f97d85d.png

YMMV

Timeline
12 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Very odd.

That is what sits funny with me also ... they would have to increase the number of COs to complete all the interviews in one day. "boots in the booths";)  Other thing is interviews were completed before noon time .. another change in the wind? 

Not saying the embassy isn't changing things .. once again.       They are already getting cranky with scheduling interviews before case status is at READY.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

That is what sits funny with me also ... they would have to increase the number of COs to complete all the interviews in one day. "boots in the booths";)  Other thing is interviews were completed before noon time .. another change in the wind? 

Not saying the embassy isn't changing things .. once again.       They are already getting cranky with scheduling interviews before case status is at READY.

I will have access to the schedule for at least the next five weeks.   I will monitor accordingly 

YMMV

Timeline

Based on what I am seeing it is a 6 week appointment calendar.   They will close 12.20 on Monday (they closed 12.13 on Monday this past week), and then they will open  the week that includes 1.31.  The clue will be one day or every day in that week. 

YMMV

Timeline

Thought I had was - what IF the embassy were to limit K-1 to specific day/days of the week ... no more sorting people by visa type outside before checking them in.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.