JonSho

Administrative Processing 221g After Interview

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

This is for my fiancé’s K1 Visa

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ created our case on September 21, 2018 

Interview was scheduled and completed on November 2, 2018

He stayed he was sworn in, fingerprinted and completed the interview. The interview was positive but they could not issue the visa due to missing documents. 

He finished the interview with a 221g white paper, requesting 2 additional documents and his passport. The documents needed were his military court records and an ORIGINAL copy of my divorce decree.

November 16, 2018 was “last update” on ceac.state.gov website. It says “immigrant visa application” and says “Administrative Processing”

Additional documents + passport were delivered to consulate via express mail (confirmed through post office tracking) on November 21, 2018. 

Now the ceac.state.gov says the case was last updated on November 23, 2018 (which would be today). 

I don’t want to post multiple times so I’d like a few questions answered, if possible.

Ive read it can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to several months for administrative processing to complete. By the looks of the case’s last update and the date of delivered documents .... does it look like the case status could change soon? 

Has anyone’s additional documents been processed quickly before ? The consulate we are going through is Jerusalem, if anyone by chance has gone through the same situation. 

My 3rd question would be: If the consulate requested his passport to be mailed to them with the documents , does it sound like a positive outcome ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

much depends on which Consulate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

My hubby is under AP too after the interview. He was given 221(g) at the interview. We submitted all the supporting documents they requested at the interview. Since the day received the documents it was the case was updated to AP, and today, it was updated again but still under AP under “immigrant visa.” I’m also getting anxious... 

Timeline

When I call the consulate , the person I speak to on the phone looks up the case ... but says on their end it doesn’t look like the consul requested any documents from us ... it was never recorded for 221g but it shows that they received some documents from us and the passport. 

Looking back, the white paper that was given to my fiancé wasn’t an official 221g paper, and it wasn’t even signed by the consulate officer or anything at all. 

Anyone know what it could mean? Also, as of Nov 30 2018 was the “last update” but case creation date is the original (sept 21 2018) and still in AP , still Immigrant Visa Application 

Timeline

When I call the consulate to ask of any updates, the operator tells me that it doesn’t look like a 221g paper was issued to my fiancé, BUT they did receive his passport and two documents that they requested via mail courier. 

Is it a bad thing that the case wasn’t even recorded as being given a 221g paper? 

Timeline
On 12/4/2018 at 12:01 PM, JonSho said:

When I call the consulate to ask of any updates, the operator tells me that it doesn’t look like a 221g paper was issued to my fiancé, BUT they did receive his passport and two documents that they requested via mail courier. 

Is it a bad thing that the case wasn’t even recorded as being given a 221g paper? 

Does this still look like a good sign even if the case isn’t “technically” in a 221g status? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

After the interview in Mumbai I got 221g (White) with my passport, they need the evidence of our relationship and i submitted as much the evidence of our relationship i can (But they didn't ask for the passport). its been like 3 weeks now but there is no information from them. Now I'm Quite anxious about this. Is there anyone going thru this situation and get it approved?? Or Any body can help that how long i need to wait and will i  get it approved?? 

Thanks and Regards

Emil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijacked post removed~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, JonSho said:

I don’t understand ? 

I removed a post that did not belong in this thread.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 3 months later...
On 12/1/2018 at 1:58 PM, CJlove said:

My hubby is under AP too after the interview. He was given 221(g) at the interview. We submitted all the supporting documents they requested at the interview. Since the day received the documents it was the case was updated to AP, and today, it was updated again but still under AP under “immigrant visa.” I’m also getting anxious... 

AP is not a big deal. i attended interview on march 6. Put on AP 221g blue slip. The VO was so kind and humble and he asked only 3 questions i replied. After interview the VO said that they need additional information via email. I received a call from karachi consulate on next day. They asked information about my travel hostory. I provided on email on same day. The consulate updated my case on 6 march after that they did not updated my case. On april 16 the update changed but showing administrative processing. On april 17, the status changed to issued. I received call fro AMEX on 17 and i collected passport and i got visa sticker.

On 12/20/2018 at 8:48 PM, emillanger said:

Hi 

After the interview in Mumbai I got 221g (White) with my passport, they need the evidence of our relationship and i submitted as much the evidence of our relationship i can (But they didn't ask for the passport). its been like 3 weeks now but there is no information from them. Now I'm Quite anxious about this. Is there anyone going thru this situation and get it approved?? Or Any body can help that how long i need to wait and will i  get it approved?? 

Thanks and Regards

Emil

AP is not a big deal. i attended interview on march 6. Put on AP 221g blue slip. The VO was so kind and humble and he asked only 3 questions i replied. After interview the VO said that they need additional information via email. I received a call from karachi consulate on next day. They asked information about my travel hostory. I provided on email on same day. The consulate updated my case on 6 march after that they did not updated my case. On april 16 the update changed but showing administrative processing. On april 17, the status changed to issued. I received call fro AMEX on 17 and i collected passport and i got visa sticker.

Hi 

Thanks and Regards

Emil

Hi 

Thanks and Regards

Emil

AP is not a big deal. i attended interview on march 6. Put on AP 221g blue slip. The VO was so kind and humble and he asked only 3 questions i replied. After interview the VO said that they need additional information via email. I received a call from karachi consulate on next day. They asked information about my travel hostory. I provided on email on same day. The consulate updated my case on 6 march after that they did not updated my case. On april 16 the update changed but showing administrative processing. On april 17, the status changed to issued. I received call fro AMEX on 17 and i collected passport and i got visa sticker.

1 minute ago, M khan said:

Congratulations to you.  Your AP was quite short, but some people are in AP for months or even years, it can be quite stressful. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.