rahma yassni

looking for job

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi i'm so glad to be a member of such great site like this, so i'm spouse of a united states citizen, actually i'm at the last step of my visa process i'm just waiting for my visa inteview wich is date on 17 december. my question is about job i'm a midwife i'd like to get job and study english language at the same time, so if you can help me even advices i'll be so grateful and thank you so much hope my message was claire cause i'm not an english speaker i'm trying to do my best and make my message understood .         

Regards

*** Moved from  IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures to "Finding Work in America" ***

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Things in the US are certainly on this case State regulated so you will need to find out what you will need to study and what exams are need where you will be living.

Generally seems US does not really do midwives, as usual there are exceptions.

You should be able to work in another field whilst you sort the medical side out.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I believe becoming a midwife in the US does require you to have completed a degree/certificate program certified by the Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME). I'm not sure if there is a similar program in Morocco, but even if there is, I don't think it is likely that the credits or certification will transfer well to the USA. This means you may need to do new training/education in order to be a certified midwife in the US. 

You can certainly study for that while going to school to improve your English. You might want to consider taking a part time job at grocery store or a restaurant while you focus on studying English. If there is a large clinic or hospital in the area you will be living, consider applying for jobs there too, or even just volunteering there just to familiarize yourself with the local healthcare environment (if midwifery is a thing you want to continue doing in the US).

For now, focus on your upcoming interview and good luck. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You can definitely try to look into some private practices! The OB/GYN I use to work in had a ton of mid wives. I would look on the website Indeed and apply there as well as turn in your resume around the practices around your house. 

Timeline

I have been a nurse in the US for 15 years, previously in OB but mostly in Emergency.  There are no accredited nursing programs in Morocco that the US recognizes. I suggest you bring all your transcripts and depending on how long you have been practicing perhaps you could appeal to the board of nursing in your state, but it is likely you will have to start over again. 

I have worked with many people throughout the tears who were doctors or nurses in their home country but their education did not transfer and they had to start again. As a midwife you would have to work under an MD here - not on your own. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you have some good advice from Morocco above

luckily midwives are used in the Boston area u will go to

http://www.wbur.org/commonhealth/2016/03/03/midwives-massachusetts

they account for 44% of the births

there are also over 50 colleges and universities in the Boston area so i am sure u will find one to further your education and become a certified midwife there

no problem to study and work at the same time

as a matter of fact the casa embassy will ask your plans and you have a good one

Timeline

thank you all for your care and help i really appreciate that, i read all your comments and i replied them but in the wrong way so you couln't see its thanks again may God bless u 

Regards

Timeline

as i mentioned i'm a midwife but i have no exprience, i fineshed my stadies on 2017, i'm not looking for my own job i know it takes a lot of time and needs alot of things so i just want to do something close to the health field such as medical assistant taking care of old people anything to improve my self and get more experiences  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Many opportunities where u will life

you can train for nurse's aid or PRN even RN

worker's for a nursing home for older adults is great way to start

some facilities will train

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.