M and Ed

Still waiting for NOA2 - Fiancee changes country of residency

18 posts in this topic

Hey there!

We filed early July this year and then, me (the beneficiary) was living in Italy.

I'm from Argentina but I hold double citizenship (Argentinian - Italian). I'm moving back to Argentina (changing my legal residency back to Argentina from Italy) and we haven't received our NOA2 yet.

When we filed, we stated Italy as country of residency and we requested to use the consulate in Argentina, since I'm going to be there by the time of interview.

Do we need to submit any papers BEFORE WE RECEIVE THE NOA2 letting them know I'm moving? Or should I just enter my new residency information at the moment of filing the papers for the interview?

Confusing, I know.

Thanks for the help!

It wouldn't be a bad thing to let them know before.  Not sure it will go through.  But definitely after NOA2 with the NVC to make sure they have the right case number assigned. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

2 minutes ago, NikLR said:

It wouldn't be a bad thing to let them know before.  Not sure it will go through.  But definitely after NOA2 with the NVC to make sure they have the right case number assigned. 

Thanks! Should we call and let them know now or just wait until we have our case number from the NVC?

1 minute ago, M and Ed said:

Thanks! Should we call and let them know now or just wait until we have our case number from the NVC?

You need to get ahead of the nvc case number because by the time you get it and it's the wrong consulate it will be too late 

YMMV

Just now, M and Ed said:

I would do both.  But try to contact the NVC asap becuase they will need to make sure the right case number is assigned. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

3 minutes ago, M and Ed said:

Great, I'll do that this week then. Thanks!

You can try but your petition isn't yet approved and nvc do not know who you are or what to do with your request.   The most effective window is from approval to when your case gets to nvc which is about 2 to 4 weeks

YMMV

23 minutes ago, NikLR said:

I would do both.  But try to contact the NVC asap becuase they will need to make sure the right case number is assigned. 

OK, but should I contact the NVC even if I still don[t have a case number? (I mean, we have the one that we got with our NOA1)

5 minutes ago, M and Ed said:

OK, but should I contact the NVC even if I still don[t have a case number? (I mean, we have the one that we got with our NOA1)

I think it is to early 

YMMV

Hello everyone! This is my very first post over here, I'm curious about something they ask for the interview in argentina like I knew how to do the "certificado de antecedentes penales" but for the " certificado de antecedentes policiales" but I have no idea about how can I make it a little advice please

1 hour ago, Lou&Don said:

Hello everyone! This is my very first post over here, I'm curious about something they ask for the interview in argentina like I knew how to do the "certificado de antecedentes penales" but for the " certificado de antecedentes policiales" but I have no idea about how can I make it a little advice please

Hey there! Fellow Argentinian here. To my understanding, both refer to the same thing

3 hours ago, M and Ed said:

Hey there! Fellow Argentinian here. To my understanding, both refer to the same thing

Okay I understand now I was thinking that maybe they're different paper, thx for take your time to reply 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.