Conwayscot82

Question on filing tax

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Conwayscot82 said:

Thanks. Would you happen to know what form it is? It is the 1040? I've been Googling about how to file for foreign income exemption. 

Most people start with form 2555

YMMV

2 minutes ago, emylady said:

I have my SSN. I think I might do the same and see what they come up with. It would help if I actually got a P60 but I didn't get one this April. Did you?

I don't have an interview date either, but I do have my AP so I'm going back home for a visit at the end of November. I might bug them about it then. 😆

I got a p60 and a p45 I think. I had them posted to my parents. They're looking for them 😂

I have my interview in exactly a month. Still no word on my EAD, SSN or AP. I think it's not often you get the interview 1st. 

Where in the UK are you from? I'm not sure when I'll be going back. I'm from the Highlands of Scotland. 

3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Most people start with form 2555

Thanks. I'll start there. 

Just now, Conwayscot82 said:

I got a p60 and a p45 I think. I had them posted to my parents. They're looking for them 😂

I have my interview in exactly a month. Still no word on my EAD, SSN or AP. I think it's not often you get the interview 1st. 

Where in the UK are you from? I'm not sure when I'll be going back. I'm from the Highlands of Scotland. 

Wow, you're on a speedy track hopefully you'll just get your Green Card and then not need your EAD/AP. Fingers crossed all goes well!

I'm from North Lincolnshire. Where have you moved to? I imagine most places in the US have better weather than the Highlands!

1 minute ago, emylady said:

Wow, you're on a speedy track hopefully you'll just get your Green Card and then not need your EAD/AP. Fingers crossed all goes well!

I'm from North Lincolnshire. Where have you moved to? I imagine most places in the US have better weather than the Highlands!

I've moved to South Carolina near Myrtle Beach. 

Actually the Highlands can have some great weather. Sometimes we're hotter than the med but it also means in the winter we can get really cold too. This summer was record breaking with temperatures regularly in the 30s. Not as hot as here though. So humid too!

I arrived in June when there was severe heat and UV warnings! What is your weather like where you are now? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, emylady said:

Oh my goodness. I don’t mean to butt in but my husband is from there too! 

23 hours ago, Conwayscot82 said:

I've moved to South Carolina near Myrtle Beach. 

Actually the Highlands can have some great weather. Sometimes we're hotter than the med but it also means in the winter we can get really cold too. This summer was record breaking with temperatures regularly in the 30s. Not as hot as here though. So humid too!

I arrived in June when there was severe heat and UV warnings! What is your weather like where you are now? 

I'm up in Oregon so its starting to get pretty cold. Although it rains just as much here as it does in the UK so that's nice and homely 🤣

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Im interested to see what you all find out. My husband has his SSN, we are currently filing the AOS..I just got to make the cover letter...came down with a bad case of Strep Throat...ouch. My husband is from Bournemouth. Hes a tradesman. He didnt earn much last year as he is a bachelor and didnt have a lot of expenses So the UK didn't say he had to pay tax because he earned under the limit. When we flip the currency here it puts  him in our 12% tax bracket. I think that is unfair and would bite us in the biscuit to have it added to my income. I hope I can just op to have his income excluded since he didn't earn it here. I am going to H and R block so if they screw up Ill get free Audit support 🤣 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.